Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I had surgery Monday morning. I hurt extremely ad afterwards. Stayed 2 nights in the hospital. Still Hurting real bad when I came home. Called and the nurse told me to take 3 Advil liquid gels every 8 hours round the clock for 2 days. I have been doing that. And today I was feeling better so I sat up front in the living room and held my twins some sitting down, button little boy pounced on my stomach when I wasn't watching, now I'm in a lot of pain, stomach all swollen, any suggestions for some relief?

I'm taking one aleve liquid gels which I cut open and squirt into Water twice a day about 12 hours apart. My surgeon told me to take it routinely for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Reallly helps. Stronger than advil.

You did not get anything stronger than advil? That does not seem like nearly enough for surgical recovery.

Hi they did give liquid pain med but small bottle. I took it along with the Advil but its not letting up at all. I'm the morning I may have to call them. They said they'd rather call them than go to emergency room cause they are not that familiar

Wow demerol? We aren't even stocking that it in our local bospitals anymore because it causes rebound pain and high rates of abuse. Use it sparingly or ask for lortab elixir.

I think I only got it bc I am allergic to Loratab. The pharmacy had to get from another pharmacy to fill the order. We didnt think anything about it till we picked it up. We thought the dosing was crazy. I hate pain meds so I only took it a few times. It didn't even help with my headache or arm pain...just the soreness. I took kids tylenol and that helped more!

Hi I had surgery Monday morning. I hurt extremely ad afterwards. Stayed 2 nights in the hospital. Still Hurting real bad when I came home. Called and the nurse told me to take 3 Advil liquid gels every 8 hours round the clock for 2 days. I have been doing that. And today I was feeling better so I sat up front in the living room and held my twins some sitting down' date=' button little boy pounced on my stomach when I wasn't watching, now I'm in a lot of pain, stomach all swollen, any suggestions for some relief?[/quote']

I had my surgery Thursday and they sent me home Friday but not much pain just sore in my arms and legs and other muscles. My Dr. And nurses told me not to ever take Advil or Ibuprofen. Good luck.

I was in a lot of pain days 3-5 of my surgery. I called and they increased my loritab dose, and it made all the difference in the world. I wish I had called sooner!

After wls its true about nsaids pain relievers but initially it helps with the swelling. I was given IV toradol in the hospital for a week.

Please ask your Dr. for something stronger. It will make life a lot easier for you. I had to insist that they give me stronger meds (and I normally don't take anything stronger than Aleve). It made all the difference in the world.

Hi just updating j ended up in the hospital Saturday night. Had infection and my body rejecting the drain tube. He removed the drain tube and let me have something to drink for the first time since I've been here. Been on 2 antibiotics and lots of pain meds.

So sorry you're going through this. Hope it gets much better from here!

So glad you got checked out by your doctor! Feel better soon!