Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

OMG -- NSV!!:clap2:

I am wearing my new pants I just bought at the store!!

Guess what size !?!?!?!?

:) They are 12's!!!!:)

They arent tight... my fat isnt buldging over the top or anything. They fit perfect!! I was with my mom, and she laughed at me because I could wait to get back to tell all of you. You're the only ones that will understand how great that it is!

boo boo -- hehe, yeah. That scale and I have a love/hate relationship. If I didnt have it there everyday though I think I might cry. Im addicted to its digital abuse!! haha

Nat!! Hey hon. I was wondering what happened I saw the partial post. Ha gotta luv them kids.

I am glad to see you sounding so good. Dont worry about the novel girl. We love your posts! Glad you told your mother how things were too. Sometimes we have to be tough. Especially at first... when people arent used to it. We just have to tell them to back off. (hugs) glad your back in action girl!

VAband -- i know what you mean about getting back into exercising... I have SUCKED it up the past month. I really need to get another elliptical. I should have some extra money this month. Maybe I will go get another one. I used the heck out of that thing when it was sitting in front of my face. This gym deal hasnt been working out this month. i just cant get myself to go down there. Not becuase I dont want to exercise, but because it is too far out of the way. (everything is too far away here.. ha) I am gonna try to start running every day. See how that works. I need to get back into my AB work. and my weights. BOY, i HAVE been slacking off.

Everyone -- Thank you so much for the encouragment with my pictures. I'm glad you can all see the difference. I will just keep working my ass off and eventually I will get exactly where I want to be :-)

Have I told you lately that I love you?

My dear sweet friends! You all are the best!

Nat - whew - I was so worried about you! I love your novels -and I am also queen of the novelist - I type like I talk... on and on... I wish I had some extra energy to start spring cleaning - my closet needs it BAD - actually 2 closets can probably be whittled down to one.

Bk - I know about the snacking shtuff - thats why I love fitday - those bites of this and that really add up. But with this last fill I'm not snacking - so I know now when I start that shtuff again I'll be back in for another fill.

Bman- you rock! 12's YeeHaaa! and they don't even make 12's with a W behind it. I am with you all on the "other" side of the store - I still wander into the "fat rack" and start browsing before I realize Hey I can't wear these anymore.

Va - you too - spring cleaning fool - good for you and hey you can track calories burned by house cleaning on fitday - I haven't checked my email yet to see if Nate wrote back with prices but will soon.

Everyone else .. I feel like our steadies have come home... love hearing from all of you mia's

Ok so I was having problems with yahoo pic posting - but I got a couple new ones on there now. Bman - how do you put your pics side by side? I have one of me last summer at my son's wedding - my heaviest and then from last night - I cropped them so its just me but can't get them on the same page. I'm posting them too.

Bk - I think that support group sounds great! I'd love to be able to go once a week. I really depend upon all of you for my support, NO ONE else can relate.

Brandi you go girl that is awesome 12's are a great size

steph I am with you on loving the support here I am afraid I may not be heard at a reg. support group.

kirsten we are close in weight that is awesome

I have not snacked one time today go me

Brandi you are right if u keep doing what u are doing u will be at goal in no time

Steph, I just use Micrsoft' Paint (in all computers, under the accesories tab) to put them side by side... open the first pic with paint (right click, then go to "open with" and select paint). Then, resize it so it fits in the window (many times camera will have the pictures huge).

Once paint is open with the pic in it go to "Image" then click on Stretch/skew -- type 50% in each box and it will reduce the pic down to a managable size...

Then you just click on the side of the image (so you can drage the window open to make more space). You should end up with white space to the left of your pic.

THEN I open the other pic by right clicking on it and opening it in it OWN paint window (you will have to paints running). Reduce the pic size the same as you did in the first...

Then use your select tool (the rectangle) to copy just YOU. (Once you select the box, go to "edit" and "copy.")

Then, go back to your first pic (the one with the white space)

Go to "edit" and then "paste"

You can then drag the second pic over next to the first and add text if you like underneath them :-)

HA, boy I made that sound more complicated than it is. BUT THAT is how ya do it!!

If you like email me your pics and I will do it for you!!!

beversman@hotmail.com

Luv ya to!! (by the way)

Bever----woooo hooooo size 12 girl you rock! congrats doll! :)

Nat---I have not been working on the book, all the stress of life and all. I am having a hard time thinking of the way to phrase the way I was formerly treated--you know fat, lazy, stupid, ect. The book is all confessions so I have been trying to think about how to phrase it.

Steph---We all love you too! :kiss2:

VA---run to the gym...lol....that would make the trip worth while! :clap2:

B-man 12???? WOWEE! You are so awesome!!!!

Steph-- You go girl too you are rocking that band!!!! You were creeping along like me and now you are dropping like crazy!!!! Whats different -- I need it!

I just got my labs back from my enlarged thyroid- I am actually a little hyper thyroid right now-- GO figure but that has happened to me before and I gained weight too. I am not gaining now but also not losing. I expect my thyroid will go low soon- as it did this before- Also my b- 12 level still really stinks. I have been taking my injections but apparently not good enough so now I have to them once daily for 4 days then weekly for 4 weeks then monthly and follow up with my dr. My hemoglobin is low too b/c of this. Oh well- I will just see where this all gets me.

Jill - hon its all in the fill! I finally feel like I'm 'getting it' - I have no will power in myself but with the right fill the band makes it so easy! On average I don't eat bk, today I had a bowl of chili for lunch with a few tortilla chips, at 6 I ate a piece of venison bolgna, at 8 I ate a frozen dinner, and a pudding pop. I was under 1000 calories easily. The best thing about it is that I don't feel like snacking all the time. Or if I do, I can eat 2 wheat thins and be satisfied. Yesterday I didnt eat until about 3 and grabbed a cheeseburger at Mcd's, I ate about 1/2 of it and was done, dd finished it, then I ate a slice of pizza at about 9 - that was it. Of course I felt like crap with the cold, but a cold never stopped me from eating before!

Nat I read that article - I disagree with the guy who says you don't need cardio. But it was interesting.

Bman thanks for the info, your instructions were great. But it kinda burst my bubble when I saw the before and now pics together. I don't look like I've lost that much. I was thinking there was a big difference but not really. Anyhoo I posted it.

Boo we're all still looking forward to being on Oprah with you :) so get busy with the book!

No way STEPH!! :) There is a huge difference in your face and shoulders... look at how your arms lay next to you... they are right against your body! Look at the first pic... they kind of stick out. That means something is disappearing... and i believe that something is YOU.

BIG difference!! :clap2:

Plus you have the big smile too! The pictures look awesome! Remember if your like me you wont be able to see the changes in your own pictures, but trust me I can see them in YOURS!

Hey Gals!

It is marathon Monday here in Boston and man is the weather crappy! I am glad this year is not my marathon debut! hahahahaha..yup, that is a funny thought. I cannot ever imagine running 26.2 miles. Is it even a normal thing to do to your body? I don't know how people do it. 5K..now that is something I would consider.

I need to get my butt to the gym today. The treadmill and elliptical are calling me!!!!! My kids are on vacation this week and it is expected to rain all week so I have no idea how I am going to fit in my workouts. bummer...

Nat-glad to see you online. I know how tough it can be to make time. I am really trying ot make even a small hello a priority because it keeps me on track and in touch. Kudos to you for standing up to Mom. I know how hard that can be. WTG.

B-man...size 12, huh? All I can say is WOW! That is like a dream.

Okay...kids around and cannot concentrate. I have been interrupted at least 3 times while writing this post. I will try to peek in later.

Nat - welcome back!!!!!!! We missed you! Sounds like you're back on track - sweet! Also, WTG for standing up to Mom - no one deserves to be treated the way she's treated you, I'm glad you've demanded some respect from her!

Steph - you can TOTALLY tell the difference - you look GREAT! :)

Brandi - yipppppeeeeee on the 12's!! I think it's so cute that you were so excited to come tell us - that just tells us all how much we all mean to eachother. I certainly couldn't do this without everyone's support!!!!!

Claud - are you in Chicago yet??? :)

YOU LADIES ROCK!

Good morning ladies

I just got off the phone with my sister - whom I love dearly, she's been very supportive through this whole thing but something she said today just irked the poop outa me. I know you all have probably heard something like this too. She was asking about the weight and blah blah blah, conversation is going well, she's excited for me - she lives 1000 miles away so hasn't seen me since Feb. - anyway she's doing nurtrisystem and I'm asking her about that then she says how she wishes she could have the lapband but she'll just have to do it the "hard" way! :mmph: So I told her I still have to work at it, its not like I can't eat chips or candy bars - that stuff goes down real easy but that I have to make the right choices and keep my calories down, the only thing thats 'easier' about it is that I get full faster and stay full longer, its still up to me to make it work. Pissed me off. I also told her its not easy to get up at 5 every morning and get on the treadmill for a half hour, who in the heck wants to do that? Not me! But I'm doing it for me.

Sorry - I had to vent.

Kay - sounds like you have your hands full today. Its so yucky out here today - the winds are up to 50 mph! Can't imagine running a marathon in it. Are you still running? Do you run out side or on the treadmill? How far are you up to?

Brandi - thanks, I know theres a difference bc I've lost 40 lbs but I see the pics and still see a fat face. And yet I have days were I get that glance of myself and go wow is that me - I guess its just these strange minds we have that screw with us. ;-) It kinda makes me understand anorxia a little more.

Nat - whats a California Closet?

Thanks Annie - so how are you doing? I know you were kicking some butt, is everything still going good?

Brandi - just looking at your stats and you went down a size in one month. How much did you lose that month. We were talking about it the other day and I was wondering how much weight is a size. I'm wondering if I'll hit a 12 in 10 or 15 lbs or if it'll take 20. I know I know I always over analyze everything.

Steph - I'm doing good - officially more than half way there as of this morning!! :) Down 68.8 lbs! I can't wait until I'm in 12's and 14's - I'm "blessed" with a pear shape so while my tops are 14/16 and getting loose, my hips and booty's got me still in 18's for my bottoms!