Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Well, I went to my Dr.s yesterday. He made me feel like a million dollars. Apparently, his wife has a lapband, and he said that he'd not met anyone who'd lost as fast as she had.... at least not until me!

She'd lost about 55lbs at this point. Ive lost 70.5 lbs! I was so excited.

I asked him so my results are Atypical... and he said well, yes. BUT I wouldnt put it that way.. that makes it sound negative... he said that it was incredible! HEAR that ladies!?!? We are all AHEAD of the curve! I contribute this 100% to all of you. We are all here to support eachother, keep eachother in check, and to challenge eachother along the way. You are all hear when we need someone to talk to and your hear when we need a swift kick in the butt. Keep it up Steadies! We are the biggest losers around... hahaha

He said they are building a new clinic and going to have a wall that shows testimonials of patients who've had great results, and he said that he'd like me to be on it. WOW! I better keep my banded butt on track then!

I got another .2CCs yesterday. So, that outta put the edge back on things and make it a bit more difficult for me to ignore my band. I really have just gotten to a point where this is a lifestyle for me. I really dont think to much about eating... except when Im doing it. I have a handful of foods that I know work and I just stick to them. If I want something, I eat it.

I just need to get back into my exercising grove. I am really slack off to nothing when it comes to exercise. I MUST get moving. Strength training is going to be my BIG focus. Some cardio... I just wanna get ripped. First woman in the UFC!

Side note: I know what you all mean by the UFC... my exhusband fought like that in the UK. That is where I learned all about it. It was incredible to see what those men can do.</p></p>

Survivor last night...WOW!!! Best episode I've seen in a long time!!!

KAYDOT...i'm checking out that site thedailyplate.com, but can't figure out how to connect to you! Did you start a group? If so, what's the name? Maybe we should have a Steadies group there that people can join if they want? It looks pretty cool and has a lot of restaurant info in it that myfooddiary.com doesn't have! I'm willing to try it!

VA-yup, there is a group called Steady's LB if anyone wants to track. Even if it is sporadically. I am getting used to the site and I like it so far.

I got your message and I think I added you. Let me know if it didn't work.

B-man- I am glad you are feeling like a million bucks! You look like it too! You are doing amazing. I cannot believe you are down 70.5 pounds. That is completely incredible. Is that all since surgery? I am amazed. You are working the band just as you should. You continue to inspire me.

I had a guilty moment yesterday. As many of you know, my decision to have surgery was kept quiet except to a few very close family members. I was speaking to 2 different people yesterday who were amazed at my progress. They both went on about how great I look. They are both overweight and struggle. I felt so guilty because they have no idea about my band. Truth is, I do work hard. This is not easy, it is another tool. I could eat chip and Cookies and ice cream all day with no restriction but I don't. I work out even when the thought of it makes me shudder.... I would love to share what is helping me along with the diet and exercise but now I feel like if I did, I would be considered a traitor..or deceitful since I have kept it quiet so long. They also both have the biggest mouths in town and I know my privacy would be private no more! I am sticking to my decision to keep my business private for now, but it does come with that little bit of regret.

Kay - add me too - stephc - let me know how to connect to your group - maybe I'll want to switch over too. I like the idea of better foods and resturants.

Va - my son is 22. He was a very good wrestler in hs - placed in states a few years and had tons of schools wanting him - alot of Ivy league schools BUT he is not a book person - he kept a b average and that was just for me. Anyway the only reason he was even going to consider college was to wrestle, he ended up dropping out after about 2 months - so he became an apprentice with my husband, they are union ironworkers. He does good financially and he's happy. All that said to get to my point. I wasn't crazy about the whole UFC thing but for wrestlers its the closest thing to being professional. Even if they have a full ride in college and all american, what then? He loves it, he goes a couple times a week to work out with other guys and they've invited him, now that he has a fight, to the extra workouts. He said he's going to fight until he wins, and if he wins right away he's going to fight until he loses. LOL So he'll fight at least 3 times.

I know what you mean. Isnt it horrible that we feel guilty for helping ourselves?

Even more RIDICULOUS (but true)... If you told them about your band, people would be like "Oh! THATS how she did it!"

If you told them, they wouldnt see it is hard work... they'd think the weight just came off on its own

In fact, many would be very jealous.

People that dont know anything about it would think that the band did all the work and that is simply NOT true. Until people are better educated they will continue to think that too.

Hi Ladies --

I'm already at work, can you believe it? WOW! Some days I amaze myself. Most mornings I'm just thinking about getting ready to leave home at this time.

So Steph, I won't wear a sauna suit. I agree, I don't think they do too much aside from make you sweat a lot, and you replenish it when you drink Water. I used to think they did something. Now that waist belt? I may be wrong, but I believe that one helps to just whittle your waist a little faster. The sides and back moreso than my belly (which is plumped with stuffins).

I weighed this morning and am another 2 pounds down. I even went to dinner last night and had a full meal (2 small glasses of wine, tempura brie cheese, caesar salad and blackened salmon - plus bread!) so I expected to retain water and weigh heavy this morning. I agree w/the resta yaz - that scale is whack.

I haven't been watching Survivor. I gave up early in the season - that loud black guy was on. my. nerves. What's going on? I heard dual immunity idols? (One guy found the real one and replaced it with a fake one?) Hmmmm, sounds tricky.

Kaydoll - I think I'll try that site that tracks calories. I've never joined one before - I don't have that much dedication. But after my trip next weekend, I'll need it. I got the eye of the tiger, baby! I go on a "pre-op" diet starting today. Getting back to my roots.

I'm bringin sexy back again today. I'm wearing a blouse that I've never worn before, but had in my closet for over a year. I'm also wearing some butt huggin' black slacks. I have a Farrah Faucett flip goin' on, too. I'll be taking a parade through IT later on today. LOL

BBK - Sorry there was no news yesterday - but no news is good news? I hope things are clear and free for you. Congrats again on the 100lb loss. I am trying to hit that mark by m'birthday (7/14). I got a ways to go.

Not much else to share right now. These people are work are loony toonz, do you hear me? I had a talk with myself this morning that went a little something like this: "Don't let them drive you crazy, don't let them make you mad. In 5 years this won't matter. In 1 year this won't matter." They make decisions and change direction along the way. UGH. I need clear decisive direction and I'm not getting it. I told my boss I was going to STFU and do whatever he tells me to do from now on. I also told him that in 2 hours I won't care about this BS anymore. Fuggit.

Hope y'all are having great days! It's gorgeous and sunny here! As soon as my last meeting lets out, I'm gone! (3:30) Going to get my baby, going home and going to play outside with my boy. We may even go on our 2 mile walk today if the weather holds. Then I'll hop on that elliptical tonight, too.

Remember Anne Murray... or was that Helen Reddy? (HA! Talk about a throw back memory!) She had a great rendition of "I am woman." That's how I feel lately - and it feels great! I am strong! I am invincible! I am woman! What a great message.

I really missed myself these past few weeks. Glad to be back.

BIG LOVE!

Nathalie

FUGGEM! I'm not telling anybody a damn thing. I don't care how hard they struggle or how much they speculate. It's nobody's business but MINE, and I'm not telling shit. Cuz people are HATERS. They will look at your success and hate you for it, because they aren't achieving what you're achieving in their own lives. I didn't tell my mother or my sister. I've told only seven people, 1 of whom is a part of my family. It's nobody's business but my own, and I plan to keep it that way. Now when I've achieved goal I may feel a bit more benevolent toward folk. We'll see. As for RIGHT NOW? Uh uh - I am not about to be the topic of anyone's jealousy, hateration or watercooler chat.

B'man - 70 pounds since December. You are losing weight like you had RNY! I'm jealous but oh so very proud of you! You've worked so hard at that, girl - and I'm glad you're feeling so proud of yourself!

Hey - did I tell you I'll be in Cincinnati next week? Only 3 days though.

I rant...

N.

Brandi - you are Atypical! LOL Seriously you do so good! We all are proud of you!

Kay I know what you mean about the tinge of guilt. I haven't told anyone from work and I'm afraid I'm going to get found out at anytime. Oh well - bottom line is its none of their business.

OH hey NSV - wearing a shirt I haven't worn in over 2 years! Oh yeah I'm hot! And yes its old but its a friggin golf shirt - the kind that never goes out of style. LOL

I've told a few close family members about my surgery (mom, sis & her hubby) two co-workers who are also friends, and a few other friends. Unfortunately, one of the friends I told has a friggin big mouth, so while she promised to keep it a secret, and no one's said anything to me, I wouldn't be surprised if she's let it slip. I'm gonna HATE the day that she does talk. Unfortunately, she's gotten heavier as I've gotten lighter, so I think there's a touch of jealousy, which certainly isn't going to help keep her mounth shut! If she does talk and I find out, I may choose to not have her as a friend, as she is one who doesn't really see the consequences of her actions very much. Plus, I consider myself "active" now, even though I'm still heavy, and she just wants to go to the pub and drink, etc. My life no longer revolves around food and drinking...

I also feel regret that I have some heavy friends who would SO benefit from this surgery, but they also have big mouths. Most of my friends run in the same circle so stuff gets around - fast! I'm like you, Nat - none of their buisness but I may change my mind at goal...

ANYHOW - Brandi - YOU ARE DOING SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!! You're a huge inspiration for me!!! I'm glad you doc is impressed and you're going to be a superstar testimonial for his practice!

BMan...Holy COW! 70 pounds!??? YOU ROCK!!!!! That is amazing!!! I am jealous! :confused: But I know that my 40 isn't that bad either...I'm just pissed b/c I can't seem to get off of this stupid pleateau I've been on for a month! I can't wait to go get my fill on May 2nd!

STEPH....My son wrestles in HS now...and is pretty good, but hasn't made states yet. Let me know when your son is on and I'll have my son watch him! :cool: Congrats on the NSV!!!

NAT...You Hot MAMMA You!!! Sounds like it's time for you to look for a new job where the people won't drive you crazy! :eek:

I have only told a few close friends and family...no one at work knows about my surger, and some of my friends don't either and I'll keep it that way! As it is, no one has really noticed my 40 pounds loss.....so I certainly don't want the scrutiny, plus, as you guys said, this is STILL WORK!!!

I gotta get my arse back on the elliptical now that I'm 99% over this cold. This weekend!

TGIF All! I have some friend from college in town so they're coming over tonight for a BBQ and then we're going to do touristy things in DC tomorrow and go to a comedy show in the evening. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Nat! We should totally meet up for a meal or something while you are here! It is no trouble for me to hop my ass over to the city.

When are you coming this way?

---------

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, but trust me... you are ALL doing better than average when it comes to the weight loss. We all feel like it going soooo slow because we are all in it together. In camparision to others who had the surgery in December (or august booboo), I can definitely say we are ahead of the curve. We all push each other and I know that is why we are all doing so well... we dont let up. :-)

Steph -- Yes, I am Atypical. It just has nothing to do with the weight loss -- I am strange and damn proud of it! I love being weird. Atypical rocks!

Bannannie -- you are right there too girl! I have to stay on my toes or Im gonna be eating your dust pretty soon! hehehe

VaBand - have fun this weekend, i'd love to get together with some old friends and do the tourist thing. Ive not got to do anything like that in ages.

Kaydot - I lost 17 lbs on my preop diet... but i also dont record my heaviest weight either... In the beginning of October when i first went to the doc I was 278... i lost about 11 lbs while I was thinking about scheduling the surgery. So, since October... it been 81.50lbs... BUT I dont count those becuase they were before my preop diet.

Hey Annie - girl you rock too! I just noticed you've already lost 69 lbs!!! WTG!

Kirsten I'd love to be doing a tourist thing in DC this weekend - I wonder if the cherry blossoms are done. I love DC - I love history so its a fav of mine.

Brandi I do count from my highest - which is 5 lbs higher then my pre-op. But my before pic is from pre-op not my highest.

I was just wondering, do we all have desk jobs? I think its funny that we are all online while we are at work.

oh yeah, desk JOB... so glad my parents have a farm. I can head down to their place in the eenings... so I can get outside and work sometimes. I hate being caged up. I cant stand my job most days. BUT it pays well, and it pays my bills for now. When they are paid off... somebody better watch OUT.

I am buying a Volkswagon Bus... and I am heading cross country... odd jobs to pay for gas... nothing but me and the road. I'd be gone in five minutes if I had the money.