Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

You need warm/hot Water and lots of it. Do NOT continue eating mushies.

Chances are you could have already passed the blockage. If you are able to swallow water and your own salivia without "sliming" aka the saliva NOT going down (kinda staying in your mouth)... that is a pretty good sign that nothing is completely blocked. Things are going down. (liquids)

However, your esophagus is going to be very irritated and swollen because of the food AND becuase of the throwing up...

So, get yourself back on liquids as of NOW and I would wait a few days before trying anything mushy... You have to give your body time to allow the irritation and swelling to go away.

That in itself can sometimes feel like a blockage. :-)

You will be fine. But if the liquids are still a problem in a couple of days. You need to call teh doctor. I think you will be fine, but I in NO way want to keep you from getting a professional opinion. Dont let yourself get too worried over it though. Just stick to liquids.

SkinnyMom...I answered you over on the December thread too...but I think Nats advice is the best! Never heard about trying Olive oil, but I like that idea!

You guys have been busy today while I was away....shopping.....for a pair of pants one size SMALLER than I got before surgery! whoo hoo!!! I'm so excited!

I even managed to stay on track when I had lunch at the mall by ordering a small cup of turkey chilli...and they gave me a roll and a bannana to go with it. I had a few bites of the roll, but didn't finish it, and a few bites of the bannana, but that was it! Yeah me! lol

Hope you all had a good day too!

Hi girls - I'm trying to post both places and seems like I repeat myself. I answered skinnymom over there - its all cool. I don't think she threw up - just had that feeling like she'd feel better if she did. You know I can't believe I've never felt sick or stuck and I know I haven't eaten the way I should at times. Heck I've eaten shrimp several times and of course I chew about 100 times but I've not had a problem with anything. On the one hand thats good and on the other hand I wish I had something that would tell me hey wait a minute you're not eating right. Unless of course I have eaten right (other then the candy and cakes that you all know about) - guess Dr.Dreamy will either be disappointed in me or say alls well. I haven't eaten anything batter dipped and personally don't plan to - if I don't change anything else I am changing that, no white breads or batters - and I've even switched us to whole grain pastas (which btw no one knows the difference) - I really would like to live and eat healthy - I've said this before and I'll probably say it more then once - I don't want to diet anymore! I want to change my eating habits and eat healthy food forever. I'm so afraid if I look at the band as another "diet" I'll just lose the weight and gain it back - like every other diet I've been on. So I'm not journaling, or counting calories or Protein - don't get me wrong because you know I'm very aware of all of those things and its important to know the nutrional content of the foods you eat and I think my dr will have me journal this week to see how I'm eating and if I'm ready for a fill but I can't live the rest of my life like I'm on a diet. I have already begun to change my food choices and when I get my fill I hope that it will help me to change my portion sizes - and then with the love and support of you and my family - and exercise - the weight will start to come off.

Ok you're all like where the heck did that come from? Well it started when I went in to work yesterday - remember I only told my buddy Charlie I got the band - well first thing he says to me - how much did ya lose?:welldone:

I screamed - DON'T ASK ME THAT! I'm at a stall! ok so I got over it the rest of the day went ok. Then laying on the couch last night watching tv with the old man and mother in law calls - talks to her son - wants to know how much I've lost - I said about 17 pounds - hell I don't know! I think 15 but 17 sounded better - hubbster hung up and I said THAT is why I didn't want to tell anyone. :yell: Dang it! Why do I feel like everyone has these great expectations for me - I explained to people I won't lose fast, it isn't gastric bypass, why do they think I'm going to be thin tomorrow? And I've explained to them that until I get my first fill I may not lose any weight at all - and it all just goes out the window of their brains - so I'm laying in bed thinking maybe if I lose slow enough those people will forget I had the band and then when it suddenly becomes noticable to them they'll go - oh yeah thats right Steph had that band surgery wow she really looks good - but for now I vent to my dear loved bandsters.

Sorry for the rant.

Hey Kirsten - I said it on the other thread but its worth repeating - WTG! Love buying a smaller size! Thats great!

steph

hi hun i know what you mean about people asking "well how much you lost now ??it drives me barmy because i think they all thought id have surgery and then ,wham the weight would just melt away and they could watch me dissappear in front of their eyes OH I WISH.....sad thing is i think deep down i hoped i would be dropping about 1lb a day in first month..aww well cant blame a girl for dreaming and when i read post now and others seem to have lost so much i think oh no im not doing so good ,but i didnt have pre~op diet so my weight loss has been since band and then i realise im doing ok.

i have decided i want to lose 7lb a month anything else a bonus and if i keep on target of that il be slim this xmas !!

Steph, I'm totally fearing the day when the handful of people I did tell ask me that question - I only told a small group of people (and all of you!) in the hopes to avoid it. I think my emotions are still a little frazzled from this experience and the changes in food/lifestyle so I hope I don't freak out the first time it's asked!!! And I agree - I want this to be a lifestyle change, a LASTING change, so I can't look at it as another diet!!!

Annie Banannie

yeah, steph - mystique... i know the "slow" frustration.

I turned down a porkchop dinner last night for low sodium tuna and FF miracle whip.

I excersised my little tushy off on that damn elliptical (which I still love).

I still stayed right there at the same weight.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is a good thing. I will be able to tone the muscles up as I go, and hopefully wont have so much "extra" skin hanging around. I also know even at losing 2lbs a week... it will seem soooo slow now, but in 6 months that is 48lbs. So, that is even the pessimistic view point where we lose the minimum each week. Everyone will probably be doing even better than that.

It will seem like alot then. BUT I am just freakin impatient right now. (sigh)

Love ya girls and I feel your pain :-)

Morinin' Ladies...I think we're all ladies here anyway. I know where you're at with the W.L. questions. Due to the strenuous manufacturing work that I do, I haven't gone back yet and won't be released by my surgeon to do so until the 1/20. I dread it, cause I feel like the few folks I told will be scrutinizing me and my every move (bite, drink whatever). It seems like most people (those who are not members of LBT) are so very uninformed and think this is a magic bullet.

BTW, Bev, you and that there elliptical got it goin' on ...I'm only walking right now, but can't wait till next weekend when I can start at my local YMCA and try one of those things out.

I agree with Kathy, and really everyone else, I feel like I am being watched with what I eat. Over Christmas we were at my in-laws for a few days, and of course they know I had surgery. My mother in law turns to me during Christmas dinner in front of everyone and asks me if I drank enough Water during the day. Excuse me, I am 37 years old, I think I can remember to drink water.

Before the surgery, I felt like I was being watched because I was heavy, and now I feel like am being watched for what I am allowed to eat and not allowed to eat. It is also so frustrating when people ask me how I have lost, now I just ignore their questions, and more on with the conversation. Enough to drive you batty!!

steph I totally feel your pain about the how much did you lose

or the great comment why did u not have gastric bypass I could ring some peoples neck

oh yall I haven't been posting much cause my dad is in the hospital having hip replacement surgery :) pray for him

catch yall later :)

Hey Mamas,

I was in bed last night at 8pm. Didn't clean up a thing - my house is trashed. And I slept like a restless cat. Did I mention I hate my mattress? I am calling them today and citing their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Cuz I can't get no satisfaction on that mattress. I'm going to raise a stink and get my own way. Nat the Brat always gets her own way. HA!

Bevz - HA on skipping the porkchop dinner. GOOD FOR YOU! you were mad though, weren't you? ahahahah I know you were, cuz I would have been mad. You've got the eye of the cyclops, girlfriend. I would have been nibblin around the edges and trying to chew and chew and chew. I went through a phase last fall when I was CRAVING porkchops. And short ribs w/sauerkraut. I think we ate pork for like 2 weeks. And I'm not much of a meat eater at all!

smithkr1 - I am envious that you're off work until 1/20. I came back on 1/3 and it was too soon. I should have waited until yesterday. Now i'm all tired, and my side hurts (like a cramp). Rest up.

As for people asking how much y'all've lost? Tell them you appreciate their support, and you will share you success on your own timescale. Otherwise they should STFU about it. I only told my closest friends (4 ppl), my HR girlfriend at work, and my Daddy. Everyone else can stuff it. And of ALL of those folks, my Dad is the only one asking "How are you doing with your diet?" It doesn't drive me crazy, because he only asks when he sees me, and he starts out saying "I can really see a difference, daughter! You are really slimming down," or something to that effect. People, as a whole, make me sick. LOL No one here, of course. And by "here" I mean Lap Band Talk (as not to hurt anyone's feelings). HAHAH

So skinnymom, how's it hangin? Did you get unstuck? What helped?

Kirsten - rock on with the smaller size pants! I can't wait until I'm back in my 20's. i have really nice size 20 pants in my closet, and I can't wait to wear them again. Some happy woman is going to be thrilled to inherit all my 18/20 Jones New York suits. I may be fat, but I love to be sharply dressed.

StephC - that wasn't a rant, that was a load off your chest, girl! And I hear you 100%! I'm not to the point where I don't approach this as a diet. I mean, it is a change in the way I eat, and I say "I have changed my diet." So maybe I think of this as a diet, instead of a Diet. (If that makes sense.) For me, I could look at a plate of food, and where others would say "That's a lot of food" I would see a moderate amount of food. I'm not good at salad bars, I can't make a small salad. I think that journaling my intake and counting my Protein and calories helps to keep me accountable. I love that you have the discipline to sample teeny amounts and stay on track. I know the beast inside me, and if I feed the gorilla, she will gorge. Even if it means I am uncomfortable as a result. Isn't it amazing how different approaches work for different people?

I made a whip last night that looked like dogfood. It was mushy and gross. It's the last time I'll use the taco meat. The saddest part of all is that I made enough for 2 meals. Guess what I'm gagging down for lunch? :) Yeah, dogfood slop. *hurk* I try to limit myself to 1 whip per day, just because. I think I will still have a Greek whip tonight - that Greek one was the best of the bunch!

Nat

Bk

My Dad Had Hip Replacement A Few Years Ago Its A Rough Recovery But Really Worth While My Poor Dad Was In Constant Pain And Replacement Really Worth While ,i Will Definately Pray For Him I Know I Was Distracted When He Was In Hospital...hugs To You...

Nikki

ok guys, i was done with the evil scale but this morning before my shower, i looked at the ugly thing and thought, well i'll step on it really quick and see. if it's up then i won't count. well it was down! about 6 lbs! and i put on jeans straight from the dryer expecting to suck in and didn't have to! after about 3 hours in them i can pull them off without unbuttoning them.

so maybe my snug 18's will be coming out of the closet. i'll wait another week and see what happens then.

i was cleared for regular food at my appointment and all of the sudden i have uncontrolable hunger! i went to lunch with some friends and had a german pizza wich is like a really thin crust personal pizza about the size of a dinner plate with mushrooms, basil, spinach and Tomato. it was delicious. i could have eaten the whole thing but i only ate about a quarter of it. then had a bananna when i got home. i'm starving now and will make a piece of fish for dinner with a sweet potato.

i was dying for pizza, not the best choice but i know a whole one of those pizza's is about 700 calories so i ate about 250 calories and two banannas today, so 450 at the most right? so i can eat 300 more. i know the fish is hardly any and i ll have about half a sweet potato with no butter.

i did not work out today, =( i wake up so late now. i go to bed about 3 am then wake up around 10!

my oldest, she's 4 goes to german kindergarten and i don't take her until almost noon! she stays till 5.

i really wnat to wake up earlier and get my hiney to the gym.

oh Kaydot, my husband is in the Airforce. He's not like infantry or anything. he wouldn't be fighting on the front lines. The only thing i am scared about is road side bombs on his way to the base or bombing of his base. he doesn't seem too worried. but i don't think he would let me know if he was.

I was scared when he was in korea for a year last year, he was on the border of north and south and they were testing their nukes then. he said he was scared. poor guy.

Thank you for the thank you. I know he's a hero, but I am truley thankful the the army and marines who actually have to handle ground battle ect. Those guys are the real heros. i know everyone is important, but i do think they have it so much harder than my husband does. i'm just glad he chose the airforce, it's been pretty good to us.

oh one more thing, next april out of Italy we can take a Med cruise for 8days 7 nights for 699 a person!!! kids under 18 are free!

wow, what a deal i'm so excited, we are going to start saving for that now.

anyone want to come? you would just have to get plane tickets to italy.