Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Kimmy-ultimately, it comes down to calories in vs. calories out. Why don't you track your calories for a few days on FitDay.com and see where you stand. If youa re really eating shakes all day, the cals will definitely add up. You also need to be aware that the band is designed for us to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. Anymore that that is a gift! I assume if you workout hard, the loss will speed up but I think it will be tough to lose all that weight by the end of March. Do you have a trainer? Maybe that push would help. I wish you luck, I know that Hollywood seems to focus on skinny skinny skinny :::makes me sad:::: Best wishes.

Nat-tell me more about the book. I am definitely interested. Major food addict here but I am working on that. Glad you had fun at football. We had a nice time too. About 15 of us..though I get easily distracted by crowds and I found it hard to concentrate on the game. It was a nice day out with the family and the Pats winning really helped!

Dawn-sorry you are so wiped out! You mean your kids don't listen when you tell them 1000 times to not climb onthe back of the couch-yup, mine too. I swear they have to learn the hard way. ugh. My little one (4) also puts on the dancing tutus and does that Barbie Princess thing. It is funny. My little one scares me though, the other day she was trying to teach me how to model walk down my hall. Seriously, she put on her pink cowboy boots and a dress, and serious face, and stomped like a model down the hall. I nearly died! I swear I don't let her see this crap on TV and I do not know where she gets it. Sadly, she was good at it too. :doh:

My older daughter is nothing like that. Give her a good book and she will curl up and read for hours. No attitude, super sweet...How are my 2 so different?

Anyway, I hope you got some sleep last night! Thinking of you.

Steph-I love you pics! Thanks for sharing. We need to put some pics on the yahoo thread so I can "see" all of my friends. You have a teeny tiny butt. ::::jealous::::

Hi everyone else-I am wiped out today. I have not been sleeping enough so please know I am thinking of you but cannot type another word! I should be at the gym right now but seriously just want to take an hour and lay on the couch. I overdid it this weekend and need to learn to not push myself too far. Hohum.

Have a great day everyone. 4 more days of liquids...:whoo:

Kay - 4 more days of liquids - I think you've out done our b-man on this! WTG girlfriend! You did great! Whats your next step? Mushies, softs, regulars - when do you get a fill?

I should be at work - but I'm not. I just need to get the mail and fax some stuff to the accountant - and email some stuff to the treasurer - but can't seem to get out of the jammies today.

I have just spent 2 hours online with cingular - I was getting pretty pissed by the time I finally finished. All I wanted to do was upgrade our phones and contract - and cancel one of the phones (son got married last summer so he's paying his own now) so you can't just do all of them at the same time - which took 4 calls to cingular and an hour to figure out - I had to do each phone seperately - of course we all picked different phones - but still - UGH! Really put me in a crappy mood.

Kay that was too cute about your little runway model! Geesh I love em when they're little. My girls played dress up for YEARS! On Christmas eve we had friends over and the little girls went up stairs looking for some dress up clothes - not that we have much left but boy were they ever eyeing up the prom dresses.

Are you guys posting on the yahoo site? I still haven't checked it out - guess I better go sign up. BTW- my butt isn't little - its just a good pic - :(

I'm not very tall so I'm pretty round - I qualified for lapband surgery because my bmi was over 40.

ok -so I guess I better go to work - lazy me.

Just posting quickly. I am absolutely beat today. My little one was sick last night - coughing, sputtering, crying all night long. I think I slept 3 hours. I also hate my mattress. I called the mattress co. (www.jonathanstevens.com) to find out if I could exchange it, and the lady was nice at first, then when she came back she was not so nice and told me to make my room warmer and blah blah blah. I hate that friggin mattress, but I wasn't in the mood to ask for a manager today. I would have either cussed or cried. I need to present some sound logical arguments. I don't want to return it, I just want to exchange it for one that is less firm. I think they have a pillow top mattress that is memory foam underneath. Fuggerz.

I dropped Lil Nat off at daycare today and he cried when I left. That did nothing for my mood. I almost cried with him. Just broke my heart! He never did it at the old daycare and I hate that he's doing it at this one. Gosh, I wish they would come up with an opening at the new daycare. Maybe I'll call today to ask her about it. (Or is that pushy?)

I just ate a buffalo chicken whip - chkn, cottage cheese, hot sauce and blue cheese crumbles. Oh man did that ever hit the spot! NOw I'm tired! I think I'm leaving work early to go get my boy and go home. Did I say that already?

I need to renew my car insurance.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLEEPY!

More Later,

Nathalie

P.S. Steph, my name is Nathalie Grace Adams. NGAdams. We may be cousins afterall!

Steph _ thanks for the pic advice I will try in a minute to see if it works

I am not the quickest learner sometimes '

nat- sorry bout the mattress stress not getting a good nights sleep is no fun at all could not help but notice your bmi is almost under 40 congrats

post-204296-13813134782145_thumb.jpg

I AM POSTING A PIC OF MY BEHIND ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY

IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THEY MAKE LEVIS IN A SZ 22 OMG

:help: IN BAD NEED OF LAPBAND

HA HA HA HA HA

THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I WOULD FEEL COMFRONTABLE POSTING A BEFORE PIC LOVE YALL

post-208946-13813134512418_thumb.jpg

nathalie- you're welcome anytime. My hubby is going to iraq in september for 6 months are you coming anytime around then? we could have a girls weekend. does your baby come with? i know ryan air flys into Frankfurt -hahn from london pretty cheapo.

bevers-your welcome

dawnae-oh my goodness, one of my little girls getting a concussion would scare me to death!! I feel so bad for you. I know exactly what it is like to have no sleep. while my husband was deployed last year for an entire year, my girls were 4 months and 2 i was a walking zombie!! my eyes still have circles from that!

Nathalie-i would also love to hear more about that book, looks so interesting. i'm all about self-improvement type books.

kimmy- that is a steep goal,i wish you the best with it.

steph- i also have a very uncomfortable bed. dh and I are sleeping on a full size cheapo for the moment, and he is 6' 255lbs, so not a tiny guy and me ofcourse i'm not tiny. so it's quite uncomfortable. I find myself on the couch sometimes because the bed is too small. long story how we ended up in that bed, but hopefully we'll be getting a king soon.

i went to my appointment today, they didn't weight me, but he said to come back in 6-8 weeks for a fill!!! what????? i was told my my other dr. it would be 4 weeks from surgery, he says 6-8 weeks this guy. that would make it 9 weeks!! he says i have 2ml in my band now. i'm disappointed big time.

i'm really hitting the gym tomorrow!

(((sweethot))) Just a hug for you and hubby. Iraq...what does he do there? I know he is in the military, just wondering in what capacity. Please tell my family says thank you.

Nathalie-I tell you-if I hear you mention that buffalo chicken whip one more time I am jumping through this computer to get it from you and eat it all! It is all my favorite flavors and I am definitely buying that on Thursday to eat after I transition. Sorry to hear about you lil man. I know how heartbreaking that is. Don't be afraid of being pushy, I swear that is the only way to get anything (i suck at being pushy). Sorry you are so wiped today. I feel the same way today-totally dragging. I tried that nectar Fuzzy Navel today. Pretty good. I will definitely have it again. Did you like it?

Steph-I think my next step is anything mushy but I will know more after my MD appt. I am so dang excited!!! I will then go back to journaling my food a la weightwatchers style just to keep track of my intake. And btw, I in no way outdid the B-man! She is queen of all things liquid and had that pre-surgery diet that she kicked ass on. I would have lost it without my little bit of restriction. But thanks for the compliment. :(

BKwalling-you are so pretty. BTW, I have my 20 levi's and love them-though they are getting awful dumpy in the bum now yaya! I was looking at Old Navy size charts to see if I should get a new pair of 18 jeans but I think there sizing is different from what I am used to. All of my 20's now are getting big, but I still don't think I will fit into 18. hmph. Maybe in a few weeks. Guess I will have to live in dumpy bum limbo. I can't wait to see some more pics. Keep them coming. You and hubby make a nice, happy couple.

Ok girls-get those butt shots in. It makes me giggle that we are sharing them. It also adds some decor to the page. hehe. I need to get in the shower and pick up the kids-see you all later.

I can't believe people think they can't be here - too dang funny!

Bk - too cute! You look great!

Sweethot - bummer about the fill... I go tomorrow to see Dr.Dreamy and he better tell me something good. If I have to wait 2 more weeks for the fill I'll scream! Seriously its almost as bad as waiting to hear from the insurance company to say they'll pay. I can't believe they didn't weigh you! I think I would've said hey wait just a minute - let me get my butt on that there scale before I leave.

Speaking of insurance companies - I got the "bill" from the hospital today - $19,000! and then some! That wasn't the dr. bill - remember my dr has us stay in critical care over night - wowwsa - good thing insurance is paying - and then if they don't pay all of it I have hubbys as a secondary so hopefully I won't have to stress over it.

Nat - I'm feeling for ya girl - I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom until my youngest went to 1st grade but I remember my sister living out of state and having no one to help her and my neice crying every time she left her at the sitter - it was horrible. And if he's not feeling well on top of that.. ah poor baby. But it may just be because its someone new and after a few days he might be ok with it. Everything takes time and adjustment. In the mean time it sucks. (took me a minute to figure out fuggerz and then I was rolling!) It must not be the day to talk with sales people.

So I ate my shredded wheat - still liking that for some reason. then I did go into work for a while. Did what I had to do... had to run a couple errands and I'm starved so I'm thinking what can I eat when I get home - I had some crab meat and I'm salvating over it all the way home - I get home hurry up and make it and it was like I don't want this - don't know why - just couldn't eat it so then I'm rooting around and finally fried a half cup of hamburger and onions - don't you know I get on and Nat has her buffalo chicken mix on here! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT! I have everything to make it and I eat burger instead!

hiya everyone

I hope you been behaving and not causing any havoc :heh: !!!!!!

i was reading your posts and what busy bees you all are my heads buzzing with new info so im just going to say a couple of things...

Nathalie you are flipping hilarious your a one woman comic show ,you say all the funny stuff and your such a trooper on that excercise machine of yours :( though i have to say thank god you had pie i think i would have felt you inhuman if you didnt have at least one slip...you still my hero though

b man i just love ya to bits you are so positive and wearing a 18 WHOO HOO you lucky girl ,i was wearing 18 jeans the other day but i wiggled and jiggled my way in to them and i hate to admit it but they didnt look pretty :phanvan

dawnae i have four children ..all boys and i am childminder and when i have bad day i turn to food and also house always has forbidden food:eek:

i would love a little girl one day or a five a side boy team..lol i started early so quite a few baby years left ..so if i get notion or can convince hubby :rolleyes maybe!!!

there was talk of ice cream ....funny how i noticed that one :( well

i have found something i love lemon sorbet it has 95calories and nil fat in quarter of tub and because its so bitter you have enough at that .mmmmm

kimmy welcome :)

My little boy (Aidan)age 3 started montessouri today and he was fine :clap2:

though i was a bit lost ,everyone keeps saying how wonderful it will be to have me time and there right but i will have to get used to it as i always have someone around ...god love me when i wake up one day to a empty nest.

ANY HOW good news is im 18lb down (not bad at all for 24 days banded)

Though im really pleased i hate when someone says oh thats great so what do you weigh now and i just gulp and say too much ,i hate that i dont want to say how much i weigh until im about another 40lb down,im trying to enjoy the journey but i feel like a kid going Am i there yet !!

hi guys - I am really sorry that I upset some of you - I really really didnt mean to. I hope you dont mind but I really need some answers (you gals are all afew days to weeks ahead of me in days since surgery so I am hoping you can help (and forgive) - I think I am in trouble. Firstly, I am a real idiot. we were sitting with company and talking and my kids had onion rings on the table and without thinking I took one chewed it and swallowed. Only after I started feeling discomfort did I remember (temporary insanity - I cant believe that I forgot - I am supposed to be on mushies!!!!). Anyway a whole night last night I have a pressure on the right side of my chest - and I felt like throwing up. I was so sick all night I didnt know what to do. I remembered reading from one of you gals that grapefruit juice is like liquid drano - I tried it and it doesnt help. I havent actually thrown up - but still feel the pressure. Dont know what to do. I have been trying to do this burping (PB) that everyone is talking about - but I cant. Also being only 10 days post op I dont know if throing up or PB'ing is a good idea. Will it pass?? I am too embarrased to call my doc - he will think I am totally insane!!!!! I think I am insane - I cant beleive I did this - I truly forgot momentarily - but had already swalloed half an onion ring. Any advice will be very appreciated. Please help! and thanks for accepting my apology!!!

skinnymom - don't be ridiculous! No one is upset with you at all. It was a situational thing more than a personal thing. :welldone:

As for your onion ring? Wow. That's a hard one. I'd try (in this order): sips of hot Water, a little olive oil (like a cap full) to see if you can't sliiiiiide it on down, maybe a glass of wine to see if you can't relax yourself enough to let that little bugger slide through, aloe vera juice (I hate it personally - it tastes prickly), and if none of that works and you're still in discomfort come morning, a call to my surgeon.

You're not insane, you're not a bad person. You just lapsed into your comfortable old skin and *oops.* You need to relax and unstick the onion first and foremostly. Everything else is secondary. And don't be too embarrassed to call your doctor. If you think he'll be horrified because you ate a little piece of onion ring, all of his other patients must be perfect saints! :cool: And we both know that's not the case.

I'm more concerned about your discomfort than anything else. I hope you feel better soon.

Nathalie

P.S. More later. Going to play with the baby, and then put him in bed sooooooooooooooooooooon!

LOL skinnymom-

I answered this post on the December thread and said the same stuff as Nathalie (minus the olive oil-good idea btw). Please let us know how it turns out!