Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme stomach pains almost 6 months out..

So I was sleeved back in January. Healed really well. Yada yada... Today marked the third time that I've experienced this horrifying pain in my stomach. It's all upper abdomen, it feels like everything just starts caving in ( my stomach, my chest cavity making it extremely difficult to breathe.) and eventually it turns into what feels like knives are ripping me open from the inside out. The first time it happened I obviously went to the ER. They ran the Appropriate tests and whatnot and sent me home. Granted they gave me some meds to ease the pain, but all in all it lasted about 2.5 hours ( coming and going in waves that I describe on a scale from 1-10[10 the highest] fluctuating between a 10 &a 7. The second time it happened I'd rate it about a 7, but it only lasted about 30 mins. This last time it happened was today, and it was by far the worst. I'd say I was feeling a level 10for a constant 2 hours. Today I didn't go to the ER,,simply because all they can really do is give me morphene and my bill will be outrageous again... (Yes I have insurance, but holy hell you should have seen my hospital bill from the trip to ER!!)

I know that whatever happening is accompanied by a panic attack, and that's why it get so very hard to breathe. I am not prone to any sort of panic attack or anything so this is the first I'm experiencing it.

On a side note, the doctors found nothing wrong with me... (I should say they were able to rule out the awful things like miscarriage and appendicitis and my stomach somehow exploding haha). The ONLY pattern similarity in my eating habits these occasions have been a small caffeine intake each day this has happened. (And before I get lip I know that it's a no no, I enjoy coffee I know I'm not the only one, but since this all began I have switched to Decaf. And the reason for the caffeine intake was simply my own stupidity not asking my husband what he's drinking before I take a swig or two) this all being said I'm guessing it could possibly be a ulcer of some sort ( I have no idea what they should feel like so please help here =) )

At this point I feel like I've written everything I've experienced buy i may be missing something, but as for now I've written so much that I'm pretty sure it resembles word vomit, so excuse that and the poor grammar due to the iPhone, and please help!! =) thanks in advance for and clues to what is happening!

What did your surgeon say? He/she didn't want to run a scope, tests, or anything to check your sleeve out? Hope you feel better. Keep us posted!

I feel so bad for you! That is so scary. It reminds of similar symptoms my friend had during a gallbladder attack. Have you been checked for that?

I hope you'll be okay!

Sheena

I emailed him about what happened. His response was simply "I'm sorry you're going they this, and it sounds like the doctor in the ER ran every test I would have so theres no need to come in." So In a nutshell to me said that I shod be fine, just be careful. And I have been for the most part. Thanks for the kind words !

Ooh and the gallbladder, to be quite honest I THINK they ran a test for that (I know I sound like a total idiot for saying that) because my surgeon said that they ran all the tests he would have...but I've scheduled an appointment for Tuesday to see what could be happening. So I will keep ya posted.

Hi I dont think your pain is due to coffee, or caffeine my nut said I could have 16 oz a day. I hope you feel better soon and find out what it is that hurts you so much.

I know it has been approved for many, but it wasn't approved for me (the only reason I chose to drink it is because I saw post from others that like you had their surgeon tell them it was ok.. ;) so naturally I jumped on board because I LOVE my morning cup of joe)

Buy anyhow, I was told that caffeine, alcohol, and carbonation in excess can cause ulcers... So that's where my mind was going with that. But this is not something I have researched, just through word of mouth.

Thanks for the input though, I really hope it's not caffeine, but secretly I'm hoping that's all it is haha

I can relate! I was sleeved on July 1 (last week) and have had severe upper abdominal pain ever since. My doctor ordered a CT scan, blood work and didn't find any problems. She put me on carafate 4 times/day and told me to take 2prevacid daily too. Slowly, the pain is decreasing. If it doesn't go away, she plans to do an endoscopy in a month. (My gallbladder is gone). The carafate seems to be helping me. Hope you feel better!

Ooh and the gallbladder' date=' to be quite honest I THINK they ran a test for that (I know I sound like a total idiot for saying that) because my surgeon said that they ran all the tests he would have...but I've scheduled an appointment for Tuesday to see what could be happening. So I will keep ya posted.[/quote']

It sounds like when I had gallbladder attacks - including the panic attack part of it. It happens to lots of people with rapid weight loss and caffeine is one of the triggers. Hope you get it figured out soon.