Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

protein..4 days post op

You won't get it in much at this stage. I can just now reach 80-100 and I'm at 3 months post op. I was lucky to get 20 in at that point in time. I focused on Water first then Protein second. It was an ALL day job where I felt like I was staring at the clock the whole time!

That's EXACTLY how I feel! ! Glad to know it's not just me because I was getting worried! How is it being 3 months post op?

It's awesome! It will get easier, promise! I still do one Protein Shake a day for Breakfast but I enjoy it (it's my mocha java one). Post op is like a bad dream from a long time ago.

It's awesome! It will get easier' date=' promise! I still do one Protein shake a day for breakfast but I enjoy it (it's my mocha java one). Post op is like a bad dream from a long time ago.[/quote']

Lol great! I look forward to life beyond the initial 3 weeks. Which brand of Protein Shake do you prefer?

I had a hard time with the chocolate flavors (my stomach is just now allowing the chocolate flavors) so I tend to use EAS 100% whey vanilla, Designer Whey French vanilla, I've bought sample packets from Syntrax Matrix that were good and Target has a generic vanilla form also that is 100% Whey with 23 g of Protein in one scoop, and I just picked up a Body Fortress Cookies N Creme but that's for when I crave a sweet treat. I have a really hard time drinking the pre-made stuff now but, in the beginning, out of desperation, I would do 1/4 c. premier with 1/4 c. 1% milk. If I thinned it out it helped a lot. I would sip on that for 30+ minutes, ugh. (The caps on the premier help a lot for reusing later)

I also stumbled upon this stuff called PB2 and chocolate PB2 and I use a small amount in my smoothies sometimes for flavor. It tastes just like Peanut Butter but very little fat and calories.

Also, if you want pre-made EAS AdvantEDGE is suppose to be good.

It's awesome! It will get easier' date=' promise! I still do one Protein shake a day for breakfast but I enjoy it (it's my mocha java one). Post op is like a bad dream from a long time ago.[/quote']

Its good to hear that. I was Sleeved 7/9 so just 3 days out. Prior to surgery I didn't get why 64oz of Water was such a big deal, I was always a big Water drinker so no problem right? Wrong! I totally get the issue now. This is going to be work and at this point I have no interest in anything remotely related to food. I'm really focused on the water and will worry about the Protein later. I figure I can afford to lose some muscle since I won't have to be carting around a 320# body.

I remember reading once that the average person can live 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, and 3 minutes without air. So I guess sipping and breathing are the things I need to worry about short term.

I am down 20 pounds. I lose about a pound a day. Protein comes from food sources cannot stand shakes. Not getting enough in but my doctor says that is ok my stomach is still healing. Soon I will be able to get more in. He says just do what I can.

Its good to hear that. I was Sleeved 7/9 so just 3 days out. Prior to surgery I didn't get why 64oz of Water was such a big deal' date=' I was always a big Water drinker so no problem right? Wrong! I totally get the issue now. This is going to be work and at this point I have no interest in anything remotely related to food. I'm really focused on the water and will worry about the Protein later. I figure I can afford to lose some muscle since I won't have to be carting around a 320# body.

I remember reading once that the average person can live 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, and 3 minutes without air. So I guess sipping and breathing are the things I need to worry about short term.[/quote']

So true before surgery I couldn't get enough water but now TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If I drink too much I can feel Itin my throat if I don't drink enough my mouth feels weird. I just wqnt to guzzle down a bottle of water!! Lol

I am down 20 pounds. I lose about a pound a day. Protein comes from food sources cannot stand shakes. Not getting enough in but my doctor says that is ok my stomach is still healing. Soon I will be able to get more in. He says just do what I can.

That's awesome! ! Keep it up!!

Who knew drinking Water would be such work hehe

I am still pre-op but my nutritionist told me that everything I drink counts as liquid intake at first so my Protein Shakes should count towards my Water intake as well as broth and stuff. I am thinking of trying Unjury unflavored, has anyone tried it? I am planning on adding it into my water, Soup and just about everything I can.

I am still pre-op but my nutritionist told me that everything I drink counts as liquid intake at first so my Protein shakes should count towards my Water intake as well as broth and stuff. I am thinking of trying unjury unflavored' date=' has anyone tried it? I am planning on adding it into my Water, Soup and just about everything I can.[/quote']

No I haven't tried it. But that's a good idea so we could definitely get the Protein in

Who knew drinking Water would be such work hehe

Exactly hahaha I look at a bottle of cold Water and it's the sexiest thing to me now..I mean I really want to drink the whole thing but the aftermath of too much liquids in your stomach is hell!

No I haven't tried it. But that's a good idea so we could definitely get the Protein in

I have heard you can even add It into puddings, chicken salad etc. basically anything that will mix up

I have heard you can even add It into puddings' date=' chicken salad etc. basically anything that will mix up[/quote']

Do you get yours from your doctor's office? Do you have a date yet? Are you excited?

Do you get yours from your doctor's office? Do you have a date yet? Are you excited?

I haven't bought it yet but I will be very soon. I'll get it from unjury.com. I don't have a date yet but I did just submit to insurance yesterday (bcbs of al) so after I get my approval I will be scheduling a date and meeting the surgeon!!! Yay! I am soooo excited!!! I hope I get approved quickly, I am ready for a new me!!! :)