Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@UK Cathy Chat is back AND I think I may have figured out how to get notifications to work again... but I need someone to post! ha!

OK, hit me with it how do I see the chat option and get notifications.

Sheryl, do you mean you need someone to post outside this group?

Nope, it didn't work. I am going to fool around more with my settings. See I NEVER got email notifications from this group as I don't want them. I noticed a setting somewhere else that I thought might override it. I am going to experiment more later today.

Meantime, hope everyone is doing okay. I am overall doing great, but having some life challenges - especially being hungry!

Cathy - no appetite, I get so caught up in my painting that I would rather paint than eat and food is just a hassle anyway. For example, I bought a whole roast chicken the other day and dinner has consisted of gnawing off a couple bites here and there whenever I get up to stretch from painting, lolol.

Speaking of which, I have my first show this Saturday and if any of our peeps in the Seattle area were interested, I would be thrilled to have you there :). It is a pair of watercolors and a bronze sculpture of my Father's (posthumous). I discovered oils and canvas for the first time in my life yesterday and .... there are no words. The best I can describe it is like, a perfect summer day, with Bob Marley playing in the background, you've got money in your pocket, and you're in love. I am so thrilled by them that I want to torch all my watercolor crap and only show off my oils :)

My pieces are for sale, and I take commissions for portraits and other personalized works. I work in watercolors and oils, on vellum, canvas and wood, up to 18x24 (before matting/framing).

@@UK Cathy I never used chat on this site, but Alex announced it is back. Here is a link to it

http://www.bariatricpal.com/chat/

sadly, the notification setting change did not work for this thread. I had to change it two places and it worked for other threads, but not this one... sorry!

I've never gotten email notifications. I get them up in the top right corner right next to log out.

Where is the chat button? We should schedule a chat for this group!

I'm trying really hard and did really well today with staying on track.

I'm going to a dr. out of town tomorrow and I am going to meet this guy I have been talking to. I really like him but not THAT way. I think we will always be good friends though. He was here last weekend and never even tried to hold my hand or touch me in any way. I am not at all attracted to him,but I like him.

I'm upset because Bill is spending the weekend with some woman in a cabin on a lake. I told him if he started seeing someone I wanted to know, not just drop it on me that he has a gf. I know it's irrational to be upset , but I can't help it. I do still love him even though I know we are incompatible.

How do you get to chat if there  was no link to follow?

I want to post about it but I'll need to know how people can find it.

Alex said they will add the button to find chat. Right now you have to use the link he posted.

I saw someone I haven't seen in awhile. Made me feel better that other people think i look good considering I am feeling squishy. I am like a pound over goal this morning and not happy with that. I am wanted to eat... feels like stress eating but I don't even know why...grrr

Denise I know what you mean but truth is our "exs" don't owe us disclosure. Just like you shouldn't have to feel obligated to share about your "love life" neither should he.

Florinda, how did your show go? Do you have any photos of the pictures that you could post here? Your passion for the oils shines through, I'm glad you have found a hobby/interest that you enjoy and if keeps you away from food to then it's a ++. I wish I could draw or paint, I really don't have a single artistic bone in my body. I like art and people say our house is interesting because we do have bits and pieces around, my husband is the main buyer and he does have the eye for it. We buy pieces we like and want to display, we don't buy anything for investment.

Sheryl, how are things going with the boyfriend?

You asked about the depression. It's gotten bad enough that I have been in bed all day some days. There have been times that I have also skipped social events because I just didn't want to be around anyone. So it hasn't been good.

I do feel a little better. Lately I've been having more good days rather than bad days so that is encouraging.

I'm so used to working out to deal with my stress and when that was taken away after the accident, it made things worse.

Who lives in Seattle? I know there are a few of you. I will be in Seattle in June. I don't know the exact dates yet. It would be fun to meet some of you!

My husband is planning a trip out west. He's been wanting to do this for a couple years so we are doing it this summer. I think we are leaving the 14th and will slowly make our way to Seattle while stopping some places on the way. My BIL and SIL live in Seattle so we will be spending a few days there before we head back home.

@@sarsar I am near Seattle - it would be awesome to meet of you can. The main challenge for me is I am already booked for a couple of weekends in June to be out of town, so when your possible dates narrow, let me know!

Things are going really well with Scott. He is a good man. His daughter arrives for the summer at the end of May so that is going to change things up as we are both very cautious about all that.

my latest drama is my effing hip is killing me. I don't know why it went into overdrive pain, but i theorize that I was so bound up that when the physical therapist worked me over on Wednesday she aggravated some nerves. Really, this is up there in terms of pain....

Good news is I got my pots and baskets all planted. I just bought a tiny bistro set for my covered front portch. It has already been so nice out - enjoying the afternoon sunshine on my portch!

I know he doesn't owe me an explanation but we still see each other from time to time. I would ask him if he's seeing anyone, and he said no, and I said well it's time to write your dating profile! Apparently, he started seeing her the weekend after we broke up. I don't know why he felt like he needed to keep it from me.

I know how you feel Sarah. I can't exercise either and it's making  me crazy. I want to go to the gym but I know I'll just be in so much pain afterwards. I saw my new surgeon and he gave me a big fat NO when I asked about pain pills.< /p>