Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think most of us here are going to have to just "hang on" through this month. Too many interruptions of schedules, too many reasons to cheat. I did great through Thanksgiving but sitting in the house and vegging is killing me.

We can do this! I'm like Laura. If I can maintain and follow 5:2 I will be very happy.

I know this is off topic - but I gotta tell you - my daughter applied to joined the Police Cadets and she has been accepted! So proud and chuffed for her as she wants to follow in her dad's footsteps and become a regular police officer so this is the first step! Just so proud!

Love this and I'm "chuffed to beans" for her!!! YAY for B! She will do great at this!!

I think most of us here are going to have to just "hang on" through this month. Too many interruptions of schedules, too many reasons to cheat. I did great through Thanksgiving but sitting in the house and vegging is killing me.

We can do this! I'm like Laura. If I can maintain and follow 5:2 I will be very happy.

OMG, I am SO SO SO much in just survival mode right now. Hanging on by a thread. I just bought a shitload of marshmallows, sugar, butter and all varieties of choc. chips to make fudge. It is a holiday tradition...So I gotta be strong. MOST of it is going to be made and given away as gifts to people who actually ASK for it every year. Gah!

Survival mode: clicking the ON button here!

Laura ven my husband wants her to move out bc she's married and he believes if they make a decision to get married then they should be able to get their own place. It's confusing to me bc she and her boyfriend are living here right now. So I'm surprised he made that provision with them getting married. He believes that they will not leave. She and her BF want to move to oregon bc it's cheaper to live there....in January....but I am being respectful and my DD blames me because I'm the one that has set boundaries with her and he won't. So sad.....

Ater she gets married

Hugs Dorrie...that sounds like a terrible emotionally-filled battle. Can you and hubby SIT and figure out what exactly you would like the two of them to do. Then take what you guys have agreed upon to the kids and sit and have a very adult face-to-face meeting about expectations and see how to best accomplish everyone's goals?

Office Goodies.jpgK one more try

Oh that's not not good!

I would be in serious distress over seeing that daily! The only good thing I see there? Those cheap asses are charging for that crap! :P

If it were free? Would be like "oh you must grab you mustn't pass up free food it might come in handy"

...yea, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I want to make sure there are some snickers bars in my coat pockets just in case!

We had a guest staying here the last couple of days, and it shot my fast day all to hell, then this morning I got up early and made scones, healthy ones, but still 300 cals each... I ate two before 9am! I'm not even sure how I fit them into my stomach! Then I snacked on some potato chips... guest food! I really had no self control this morning.. I somehow managed to pull in the reins later in the day, and ate like a fast day to just get back on track...and stayed within my MFP goals... but really, this morning was crazy head behavior. It was as easy as falling off a log eating those two scones. Well, I did get in a bunch of Fiber in!!! Thats for sure! 22gms!

HA HA, zombie apocalypse...you know what they say about those...best place to go is a good Costco! Everything you would ever need!

This week has been a mis match for me... hubby' birthday food on Monday, good fast days on Tue and Thur then pizza last night to Celebrate Betty's Police Cadet acceptance. Now it is the weekend and I am not hungry at the moment. I still have the dreaded man flu so I haven't been to the gym this week - it is also manic in work at the moment and my energy levels are really low and it is sooooo cold - and that doesn't help either!

I'm not saying I'm off track, but I don't 'feel' on track either if that makes sense.

My bounce has started already - so I know I need a little more vigilance on my feast days for sure. I really wanted to see my surgeon's goal for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen looking over my 5:2 pattern of losing. Never mind - it will come in the New Year!

On a side note a friend in work - who is a dear friend and I love her to bits has done well on the 'conventional' slimming world diet - she's lost just over 3 stone - 42lbs and is looking fab. Others have told her that she is too skinny but I don't think so, she is really tall and has lovely long legs so she can carry herself well, oh! and she is young too!

She is aware that I am struggling to get to my target weight (she doesn't know about the sleeve) and now she is complaining that she is under her target weight! And that if she doesn't put weight ON she will have to start paying again - she goes to a weekly club thing. She's lost it all through diet and no exercise.

This did one on my head to be honest - insensitive? Or just completely in her own weight loss bubble? Here's me struggling like hell and she knows it - she knows I do the 5:2 and exercise, and she just kept on about being under her target! Arghhhhh ...

I dunno - I was a little sharp with her and told her to just drop her target weight and not and not pay. She said: 'Nah, I'll just have a Snickers bar!' - What? really? FFS!!!!

Ok... rant over... sorry but momentarily that really p*ssed me off!

Oh my goodness, please rant away about her!!!

I have a very dear friend who upon finding out that I was in the process of getting the sleeve, promptly went back to Weight Watchers and in the space of about 6-9 months lost around 55lbs. She was eating things like radishes for Breakfast, green Beans for lunch, raspberries for a snack and a salad for dinner. She was relentless. I was so happy for her but I worried about her not being able to sustain that kind of eating. She couldn't, of course, and eventually regained most (or maybe all ...I was too scared to ask) of what she lost. :wacko: And instead of feeling somewhat victorious...that whole diet thing...gah even though I'm doing it now and I know it's a struggle...sleevie makes me so happy to be SATISFIED WITH LESS!!!...I just felt horrible for her. Sad that she couldn't maintain the loss, etc. She got rid of all her clothes and had to start over when she regained the weight. We are still very close friends and I'm quite sure my having the sleeve was the "catalyst" for her to start with the incredibly tight diet, etc. But at the end of the day I'm just sad sad sad that it didn't work for her.

I guess my rambling point is that everyone has to do what works for them...if she is a good friend and loves and supports you no matter what, then just keep encouraging her...but if she is the type to just throw it in your face and be snarky, well then see ya! I know...easier said than done...

Anyway, thank goodness we can rant here, right? ;)

Hi ladies!

Doing my best to keep up - As far as the post counts go I would probably tend to not make the grade as I think my reading to posting ratio is about 90>10 :)

I mentioned it on the vets forum but I am just trying to get through the next 3 weeks without gaining all of my weight back! Good grief there is temptation at every turn - M2G your post about the sticky nuts had me cracking up - food items like that are my utter downfall - take a yummy highly nutritious, highly caloric tiny little thing and baste it in salt or sugar and I can be assured to eat 10,000 times as much as I am supposed to - thank goodness that the sleeve limits it - least nuts I find filling. Not so fluffy pastry types of things.

Hearing about co-workers and dieting - I remember a gal I used to work with, she and I started Weight Watchers together years ago - and I poked along, losing weight very slowly, struggling, journaling, doing my best like most folks do - meanwhile my friend just melted, every week she would rack up losses of anywhere from 3 - 5 lbs...and I am thinking wtf! wtf is the The Biggest Loser or something? for months this went on - she trains for marathon - seems to always make healthy choices and I continue to lose at a snails pace....

Well fast forward a few years later and she has now gained all of it back and about 70 more - she confided that during our WW stint she had been purging, starving, and became obsessed with exercise to the point it was unhealthy - I felt so sad for her that things were so crazy for her and she couldn't it share with me - she only wanted to destroy me, leave me in the dust with her losses that I could never match. I love her because I understand how wacked out all of our issues with food, body images etc are - it may take me the rest of my freaking life to get to goal but I sure am glad that the issues are not as bad as they used to be when I was younger - that the sleeve has so helped with them by getting a huge chunk of the weight off so I can do the work - like meds help me do the work as well.

Feed - the positive affirmation you shared for LV is incredibly beautiful - brought a tear to my eye - thank you for sharing it - I feel like I want it tattooed to the inside of my eyelids :)

I knew that story would strike a chord with us... I really don't think she was being bitchy towards me; probably thought I would understand as I've lost a load of weight... but I think her emotional intelligence is low as she didn't consider the fact that I can't get to my goal and I can't eat a snicker bar to even out further losses.... *sigh*. I don't say anything in work about my diet these days and I rarely get comments on my weight loss now. I am kinda pleased about this as I didn't share my sleeve with many - just two peeps know in work. I do get comments on my clothes now instead; how lovely I look and how that colour suits etc.

I agree with everyone that the next few weeks will really test us. I will use the flexibility of the 5:2 to work around the nights out that are lined up. I am not going to set myself out to fail though; I am not going to tell you that I won't eat x,y or z because that would just be a big fat juicy lie! I am going to enjoy my Christmas parties and if there is food along, then I will eat it IF I want to.

I think at 3 1/2 years out, I have to be realistic in my own expectations and limitations - I want to eat to live not live to eat.

That being said, I will, as usual be super vigilant in the New Year - I am determined to write a goal post one of these days!

Skinny - thanks for the comment, yea the daughters do seem strong minded don't they!  Sounds like your stuck between a rock and a hard place with yours.  I hope it will turn out for the best.  Hard work having kids!

Brown, I am sooooo with you!  It is so hard to lose weight, especially when you are surrounded by peeps who do it in their sleep.  My only advise is to keep on keeping on!  Sounds like your body has found a happy place; a set point as such.  You will break through it, it might just need a little more time.

Coops I love your new pic, shows off your lovely slim face.

@ Coops - frankly I think you showed remarkable self control by not slapping the crap out of that silly cow!

@ Brown - I am right there with you, I eat an average of 650 calories a day, if you average out eating and fasting days, AND I'm doing Insanity and I am not losing. It's just not effing fair. And I've done all the things people do, I've upped the cals, lowered the cals, etc etc etc etc. That's what brought me to 5:2. I'm a sleever and here I am, dieting again. And if I lose weight via dieting, how will I keep it off?

Scared right now, may get medivacd to Germany again, or just sent home. I feel helpless in the face of figuring out disability, and my left foot has been cold and numb. I'm so sick of being fat. I take weekly pictures of myself in the same clothes to chart the changes from Insanity and I still look Just Plain Fat.

PS - I ordered some clothes made at the bazaar, I gave smaller measurements than I currently am, to keep me honest and working hard!

Edited by Globetrotter

@ Coops - frankly I think you showed remarkable self control by not slapping the crap out of that silly cow! @ Brown - I am right there with you, I eat an average of 650 calories a day, if you average out eating and fasting days, AND I'm doing Insanity and I am not losing. It's just not effing fair. And I've done all the things people do, I've upped the cals, lowered the cals, etc etc etc etc. That's what brought me to 5:2. I'm a sleever and here I am, dieting again. And if I lose weight via dieting, how will I keep it off? Scared right now, may get medivacd to Germany again, or just sent home. I feel helpless in the face of figuring out disability, and my left foot has been cold and numb. I'm so sick of being fat. I take weekly pictures of myself in the same clothes to chart the changes from Insanity and I still look Just Plain Fat. PS - I ordered some clothes made at the bazaar, I gave smaller measurements than I currently am, to keep me honest and working hard!

Man, I wish I had an answer for this! I truly wonder why some metabolisms work so differently. I have two friends who are exactly like you and Brown. One truly eats like a bird! No weight loss. One fights for weeks for every single pound lost. And they have done everything. Higher carbs. Lower carbs. 5:2. Exercise. No WLS because not truly morbid obese but the ongoing struggle!!! Wow!

I'm truly hoping and praying for the best for you. Physically, mentally, emotionally. You have a tremendous amount on your plate, so to speak, and want you to know you are on my mind.

Hi ladies!

Doing my best to keep up - As far as the post counts go I would probably tend to not make the grade as I think my reading to posting ratio is about 90>10 :)

I mentioned it on the vets forum but I am just trying to get through the next 3 weeks without gaining all of my weight back! Good grief there is temptation at every turn - M2G your post about the sticky nuts had me cracking up - food items like that are my utter downfall - take a yummy highly nutritious, highly caloric tiny little thing and baste it in salt or sugar and I can be assured to eat 10,000 times as much as I am supposed to - thank goodness that the sleeve limits it - least nuts I find filling. Not so fluffy pastry types of things.

Hearing about co-workers and dieting - I remember a gal I used to work with, she and I started Weight Watchers together years ago - and I poked along, losing weight very slowly, struggling, journaling, doing my best like most folks do - meanwhile my friend just melted, every week she would rack up losses of anywhere from 3 - 5 lbs...and I am thinking wtf! wtf is the The Biggest Loser or something? for months this went on - she trains for marathon - seems to always make healthy choices and I continue to lose at a snails pace....

Well fast forward a few years later and she has now gained all of it back and about 70 more - she confided that during our WW stint she had been purging, starving, and became obsessed with exercise to the point it was unhealthy - I felt so sad for her that things were so crazy for her and she couldn't it share with me - she only wanted to destroy me, leave me in the dust with her losses that I could never match. I love her because I understand how wacked out all of our issues with food, body images etc are - it may take me the rest of my freaking life to get to goal but I sure am glad that the issues are not as bad as they used to be when I was younger - that the sleeve has so helped with them by getting a huge chunk of the weight off so I can do the work - like meds help me do the work as well.

Feed - the positive affirmation you shared for LV is incredibly beautiful - brought a tear to my eye - thank you for sharing it - I feel like I want it tattooed to the inside of my eyelids :)

Thanks for sharing that I am not alone in my struggle to only consume small amounts of something like the honey-glazed nuts. Oh my gosh, I still remember the feeling when they were all sitting on the floor covered in glass shards, and it sort of snapped me out of my sugar-coma. OMG!

And I'm also sorry about your friend who lost by starving, purging, and exercising like a demon. :( I hope she can eventually find something that works for her. I think a lot of STELLAR weight loss (that isn't related to WLS) has something of a darker side to it. Just reading all about the dehydration and awful things that the actual contestants on The Biggest Loser go through in order to put up stellar 10-15lb drops in ONE FREAKING WEEK really does show a disturbing trend on the quick weigh loss that some people can experience.

And I just *love* what you wrote about tattooing what Kim wrote on the back of your eyelids...ha ha! I LOVE THAT! So true!

GT, I know you are frustrated and I'm just sending you a hug. I hope something comes through for you with your disability and you get some answers so you can make a plan!

@ Coops - frankly I think you showed remarkable self control by not slapping the crap out of that silly cow!

@ Brown - I am right there with you, I eat an average of 650 calories a day, if you average out eating and fasting days, AND I'm doing Insanity and I am not losing. It's just not effing fair. And I've done all the things people do, I've upped the cals, lowered the cals, etc etc etc etc. That's what brought me to 5:2. I'm a sleever and here I am, dieting again. And if I lose weight via dieting, how will I keep it off?

Scared right now, may get medivacd to Germany again, or just sent home. I feel helpless in the face of figuring out disability, and my left foot has been cold and numb. I'm so sick of being fat. I take weekly pictures of myself in the same clothes to chart the changes from Insanity and I still look Just Plain Fat.

PS - I ordered some clothes made at the bazaar, I gave smaller measurements than I currently am, to keep me honest and working hard!

Thinking of you....

http://www.edd.ca.gov/disability/di_how_to_file_a_claim.htm

http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/PG118.htm

If you are "fired" from a job because of a disability, you can get unemployment for a while cant you?

https://www.coveredca.com/

You might want to read through this, to see if you need anything from your end, Drs letters, employers letters of dismissal... so you have them to make your case. Having to get them later might be a real pain.

HI everyone,

I am in Portland at my motel

I am trying to eat right and I hate being away from the scale.< /p>

They guy I was seeing here seem to be pulling a disappearing act. If he doesn't want to see me again, he should just tell me instead of just not answering his phone.

there were certain things I didn't like about him anyway, but there were some things I really liked about him.  I 'm confused. Men are so confusing. I wish he would just text me or call back and say hey it was nice but  I don't think it would work out to be in a relationship thouigh. or WHATEVER instead of just silence.

I"m kinda bummed, but I had another online date last night and I really liked him too. So we shall see.

I love the closeness of this group. We had someone ask to join, and I am not sure what to do.

If we don't want to add any more people, we need to say so on our home page for the group. That the group is full. We have someone who wants to join. Laura are you able to pm or see who wants to join? You said you couldn't get into the control panel of the group.

Hi everyone, I had gone through all the posts and clicked on multiquotes and when I went to ad them here, it didn't work and now the multiquotes I selected are all gone.... No problem, I will wing it...

I love seeing everyone with a Host below their name, I was offered it and am thinking about it.....

Coops it is so frustrating when we have friends or coworkers making comments that are insensitive to our weight loss. A friend of mine would always make a comment in how intuitively her body needs carbs and that her eating habits are what keep her slim. She has totally been gaining weight on her diet plan and is in denial about her weight fluctuating up and down.....Now I think she's totally avoiding me......which hurts too......

GT you have really had a lot of cr** come your way when it comes to your daily stressors, health, and not being able to lose weight. I wonder if eating less than 800 calories is really going to help, especially when it comes to eating healthy for optimal health benefits to keep the MS progression down.....I know your doing Dr Wahl's diet plan and it's really worked for her which s really hopeful. Gosh she went from being debilitated to regaining a lot of her functioning and appears to be doing really well. You are a very determined person and can also accomplish this........I love people with a lot of determination! They impress me so much...

OD remember these guys your meeting on-line are perspective partners but the guy that is non-communicative needs to be kicked to the curb.......who needs someone like that! You deserve someone that is going to honor you and treat you like your the best thing that's ever happened to him....you are awesome! It will take quite a few dates before hitting the right one....but he's out there looking for you!

M2G thank you for the feedback on my DD and DH and living situation. My DH tries to bring across a boundary and has attempted to talk with my DD but he even saids there's no talking to her. She's very stubborn and has to learn lessons the hard way. As for me, I'm just letting her spin her wheels (cognitively) and come to her senses and then her and I will talk. I will have to talk with my DH about just letting her stay with a contract that she will move out in January. It worries me because she will be moving 14 hours drive away from home and will not have anyone around her to help her except for her BF or Husband and his Mother......She is in a period of her life where she thinks she knows everything but really knows little about what it's like to have to support yourself and survive. This is life and it will be good for them. and for us....hard to launch our children. LOL

LV I agree with talking with my DD and her finance (BF) about a contract with my DH. things have calmed down a bit but it has put a damper on our Xmas if I let it. Things will be really different this Xmas. :P And it's a good thing.

So now if I can only get my grazing under control. I went to the store yesterday a few times and each time those stupid Reese's Peanut Butter Cups was calling my name, louder and louder! But I resisted and went home and made some turkey chili that was delicious..... :P Did a it of walking while pushing my friend in a wheel chair bc I get impatient with the speed that she goes at.....so it totally benefitted my exercise for the day.....at one time her terrier got out the door and I quickly pushed her over and ran after the terrier before he got out of the door and would have been down the street in a flash....This is really the fastest I have moved in a long time. I hate running and was shocked I could move so fast....It helps to have that 80 lbs gone..... :P Total NSV for me.....

To all who are fasting today, I know you can do it, it is well worth it...... :P

Hello to my 5:2 friends! I'm back from Arizona and I finally got all caught up with the group. For some reason my app wasn't working right on my phone so I couldn't see what everyone was posting while I was gone. We had a fabulous time on our trip. Usually Arizona is warm this time of year (that's what everyone was saying) but with the cold front that most of the US is experiencing, it only got into the 50's. Oh well, warmer than it was at home in WI.

We went on a fun hummer adventure in the mountains while we were gone! I also had a day at the spa and the hubs did some gun shooting thing. We were able to visit with some friends we hadn't seen in many years. We also rented a car one day and went to Sedona. Beautiful! Of course we had to do some of the work dinners that go along with these kind of trips but they always make sure to include lots of fun stuff for us. It was so nice to spend some time away from the kids, they enjoy the time with Grammy (my mom) who spoils them for a few days. After a few days away I miss them terribly and I'm ready to come home!

Ate too many delicious foods while we were gone and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. After a few days of eating that way I just feel plain gross! I didn't weigh in today so I will probably do that tomorrow.

Woke up this morning to a snow storm. Not sure yet how much we are supposed to get. It will be done sometime tonight. I'm trying to stay calm and positive because I hate winter so much and it brings me down.

I'm glad to be back, I missed you all while I was gone!

I will reply to some posts in a bit...