Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things are going well, but I am EXTREMELY tired. I started getting a headache two days out, even with the good pain meds. I figured it was dehydration but getting all of my liquids in didn't help. Then I decided it was not enough Protein, so I made sure I got all my protein. I finally figured out that it started up when I was tired, so I started taking more naps. What finally worked was getting in a small amount of caffeine (from chocolate pudding). My only frustration now is that I weigh one pound more than I did pre-surgery. How can that be ?!! I know, my body is just holding onto everything for dear life. It is frustrating, but I know that if I keep doing the right things, the weight loss will follow.

Hanging head.... No, Jessica, but it is helping my headache. And I counted the calories that I'm getting in daily, and with the Isopure, Premere Protein, greek yogurt, cream Soup, and other fat free, sugar free things, I'm still only getting about 700 calories per day. I'm open to your thoughts.

Oh, and another thought regarding the headache is that maybe I'm not getting enough calories?

I'm a day behind you (8 days po) and I get about 400-600 calories per day, but I know I'm not getting in all my Fluid. I went through horrible caffeine withdrawal during my pre op diet. I was literally unable to move for 2-3 days because of headaches and jitters. Did you not give up caffeine till surgery? Or did you have a pre op diet?

I also gained weight after surgery. I had only lost 6 lbs pre-op and had followed my diets faithfully. I have always had trouble loosing weight. After surgery I went back up to my starting weight before the pre-op diet, gaining back the 6lbs. Anyway, I could see that I was retaining HUGE amounts of Water. It and the weight came off over the next 2 weeks. I am 3.5 weeks out and have now lost 28lbs. Hope this helps you! Just stay the course and the weight will come off even if you are a slow loser. Remember it is not sprint. It's a marathon. :rolleyes: Good luck.

I've had days of terrible headaches and they always make me nervous. I found that more Protein took the headache right out so that's when I started tracking it and closely following how much I was really getting (not saying you don't do that but I was underestimating big time). It could be a tension headache or it could be needing more liquids/protein. It's so hard to know. But headaches are never fun :( I hope it passes for you soon!

The fatigue is normal and you need to rest as much as you can. Your body is trying to recover from some serious trauma. Plus, it's summer and you just got filled with lots of IV fluids so the Water retention is going to fluctuate here and there. It will keep coming off!

Don't be afraid to call your doc if those headaches are unbearable.

I am 10 days postop and my weight loss stopped when I started full liquids 3 days ago. I am only getting in 300-400 calories per day. I had lost 10 lbs the first week after surgery. I am assuming it will start again soon. I too feel very tired well more like exhausted most of the day. I sleep 10 hrs at night and take a nap during the day. Something has to give! I am managing to get my liquids in.

I am 10 days postop and my weight loss stopped when I started full liquids 3 days ago. I am only getting in 300-400 calories per day. I had lost 10 lbs the first week after surgery. I am assuming it will start again soon. I too feel very tired well more like exhausted most of the day. I sleep 10 hrs at night and take a nap during the day. Something has to give! I am managing to get my liquids in.

My weight loss stopped too. I lost 15lbs the first 5 days! Then I've been the same weight for 3 days. But I'm on puréed. I have to buy a tape measure because we could all be losing inches!

Thanks guys. Jessica, I did not have a pre-op diet. I was a revision patient and my surgeon didn't feel that it was necessary. I am not a caffeine drinker in general though. I do not drink coffee and mainly drink Water or Decaf iced tea.

As far as calories, I am estimating high because I am not sure of the calories in the cream of carrot and potato Soups that I am making. I do not care for processed foods, so am making them myself.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sorry that some of you are going through the same issues, but good to know that I'm normal.

I had wanted to only take one week off work, but my surgeon insisted on at least two weeks. I have my appointment on Wednesday and hope to go back on Thursday, but I've got to get this exhaustion under control first.

My weight loss stopped too. I lost 15lbs the first 5 days! Then I've been the same weight for 3 days. But I'm on puréed. I have to buy a tape measure because we could all be losing inches!

Yeah.... I'm feeling frustrated too, because my weight loss stopped too..... This is day 17 and I've only lost 12 pds

I have been the same for 4 days & am NOT HAPPY about it!! It seems like most have lost 15-20 or more & I'm stuck at 12!! Grrrrrrrr.......

Don't know how to get unstuck, because I ABHOR these Protein shakes & can eat sooooooo little in terms of Protein, so I am barely getting 60 g in....

I'm 3 weeks post-op today. I too have severe exhaustion. I'm normally an early bird, can function great on 4-5 hours of sleep. Now, even w/8+ hours of sleep I'm still tired. I worry because I'm not back to work! I have noticed that I get a really bad headache if I drink my 11 ounce Protein Drink in less than 30 minutes. Don't have energy to exercise :-(

Is anyone experiencing fatigue & muscle aches? 3 weeks post-op.

I am 3 wks post op and yes fatigue is an understatement. I also returned to work this week. Ive managed to push my way through it. Muscle aches I haven't really experienced. Are you getting enough water/ Protein? Since returning to work I am struggling to get my fluids in :'( . Also I have hit a stall with my wt loss but I definitely have lost inches.

I am 3 wks post op and yes fatigue is an understatement. I also returned to work this week. Ive managed to push my way through it. Muscle aches I haven't really experienced. Are you getting enough water/ Protein? Since returning to work I am struggling to get my fluids in :'( . Also I have hit a stall with my wt loss but I definitely have lost inches.

I too am ini week 3 and feel tirrrrrred allllll the time! I keep telling myself that I need to at LEAST do some walking, but I feel too tired :(

I did ride my bike around the corner (felt like i ran a marathon after! whew!) I have even been to tired/lazy to get on my treadmill.... which is only two levels down in the basement. lol

I think I will get on it today though if for ONLY 5 minutes!

I was tryng to take the MAXIMUM amount of time off too, so I asked for 8 weeks (the girl at the office said "wellll.... t hat may be a little much, most people do 4..." so I said " can I have 6?" She said yes. So...... I am in week 3 and I am DOUBTING that I will have the ENERGY to go back at week 6!!! I am hoping that I am wrong though, because there more than likely will NOT be a "medical reason" to get my time extended..... :**(

I also seem to have stalled, so I am SUPER bummed about that.... didn't think I would have stalled THIS quickly!!!