Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Consequences of no protein

I'm taking everything under the moon BUT Biotin ... 80-100 g of Protein a day ... hair falling out in disgusting, awful clumps, ugh!

Maybe it's worth a shot.

Your heart is made of muscle...You can't get that back. Look at pictures of anorexic patients with poor muscle tone, poor skin and hair and die of heart failure in their 20's.

I am going to try to Biotin.< /p>

Sleeved 10 weeks ago. Lost 53 pounds since surgery. I have Premier Protein drink everyday for Breakfast. I usually eat chicken, tuna, sashimi or beef for either lunch or dinner. Little snacking in between meals. Been taking Biotin plus a handful of other Vitamins as well. Additionally, I will drink another Premier Protein Drink after a vigorous elliptical work out, which I do 5 days a week. Vitamin Water is excellent hydration, no calories, no aspartame. My hair grows significantly slower then prior to surgery, but has not fallen out. I think the Protein and Biotin are key.

I picked up some Biotin today. Here's to hoping! If not, at least I have a lot of hair to lose LOL

Try different brands of Protein and use something in your Water. Unjury strawberry Sorbet tastes great in water with ice. Give that a try and know that there must be some kind of protein that you will like. Don't give up and ruin your health and your weight loss goals

To be honest I am not meeting my Protein goals. Not even close. Maybe at around 30-40 grams a day. But the weight is coming off slow, like 1-2 pounds a week, so I just try to eat healthy and don't worry about the protein lacking. Am I hurting myself? Would the weight lost be faster? I'm scared to eat more! Why do we need so much protein? Would love your advice, explanation, personal experiences. Thanks :)

You are hurting yourself. Higher protein aids with losing weight and also aids in NOT LOSING HAIR!!!! It's that simple. Try and get as close to 60 grams per day as possible. I'm three years out, reached goal in six months. I still keep my protein up between 60 and 90 grams per day. It's easier the further out you get. I also log my food, weigh and/or measure my food. I weigh every single day. All this keeps me aware of what it is going on "under the hood" - my weight, calories, protein......knowing those number are like looking at my dashboard in my truck. Lets me know if something needs to be changed, tweaked or adjusted!!!!

To be honest I am not meeting my Protein goals. Not even close. Maybe at around 30-40 grams a day. But the weight is coming off slow' date=' like 1-2 pounds a week, so I just try to eat healthy and don't worry about the Protein lacking. Am I hurting myself? Would the weight lost be faster? I'm scared to eat more! Why do we need so much protein? Would love your advice, explanation, personal experiences. Thanks :)[/quote']

Try using unflavored Protein powder like unjury, you can add it to your foods for a little boost..their website has a lot of recipes...little here and there will help

I use Bariatric Fusion! I swear these shakes are magic. If I don't use them for a week or so the scale doesn't move. So I start drinking them again--and the scale shows loss. I have used other shakes but do not get the same results or the same Protein in.

Yea, I agree that If I don't get my shakes in the scale don't moved. I prefer nectar

Syntax. Also I have less energy too. So shakes it is. My Nut told me to use them for the first year!

EAS vanilla powder is awesome alone with Lean Body ready made shakes 0 sugar! Taste like a milkshake! I'm gonna have to bump my Protein intake up! Ty's everyone for the great advise.

Yea, I agree that If I don't get my shakes in the scale don't moved. I prefer nectar

Syntax. Also I have less energy too. So shakes it is. My Nut told me to use them for the first year!

I was thinking of buying the Syntrax Nectar at Vitamin shoppe..which flavor is your go-to flavor?

I wonder if they have sample packets to try out?

You can purchase a sample pack. I think i got mine from BJ Bariatric. My favorite so far is strawberry Mousse.

I see them at Walmart and even big lots.