Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Well to be honest I would far rather have WLS than take a hormone to lose weight. After she tries this and it fails I suggest we keep our eyes open for her first post saying she is going to have the sleeve done! That crap doesn't work nor any other diet for us foodies!! It might for a short time but we all know what happens after that the 15 pound loss.............it turns into a 20 pound gain!

HCG was the last "diet" I tried in desperation before I became a sleever..it was another failure

I've seen a few co-workers have 15-40 lb successes with it..only to gain it back..

I'll stick with my natural sleeve and the natural behavior modification I'm learning with it, thank you very much..plus it naturally helps me keep more of my money in my pocket ;)

People that advocate "only natural" don't take into account that humans have creative brains and are capable of modifying body and behavior. Natural taken to extreme would mean that we would be reading each other by butt sniffing like doggies rather than language. :o:D

You know what I find funny is when I tell people I had a gastric sleeve, they automatically assume Lap Band. So I then have to spend some time educating them and once they find out what I did, and the changes I have made for my health, they are less likely to judge..amazingly enough.

I don't understand why people don't think what we have done is natural..I have no foreign objects in my body, I have changed the shape of my stomach to allow me a better life. SMH!!!

I remember my friend in college (years ago) took HCG shots and the hormone were from a flippin' monkey in those days... And btw, she lost weight lol, but by golly they were "natural"!

HCG....been there, done that...all I lost was $700

That is the reason why I don't explain my surgery to others only when I think it will benefit them. Then on the 1 occasion that I did I educated them to the point where the might join us.

This Sleeve Surgery was a great decision.

Lowered my blood pressure faster than

All the herbal or Natural stuff I ever tried.

Plus the hcg diet didn't work. Lol

I did the HCG shots several years ago before a trip to Hawaii. I lost 35 pounds in 8 weeks, and gained it back in 8 days. HCG is BS, it's the 500 calorie diet that makes you lose the weight, not the clear liquid they prefill the syringes with (and I'm not convinced it wasn't just sterile water). You're metabolism is greatly compromised by the 500 calorie diet, so when you start eating more then the 500 calories, you immediately gain the weight back.

People that advocate "only natural" don't take into account that humans have creative brains and are capable of modifying body and behavior. Natural taken to extreme would mean that we would be reading each other by butt sniffing like doggies rather than language. :o:D

Well I don't know how opposed I would be to butt sniffing...guess it just depends on the cuteness of the butt in question... lmao ;)

My all time favorite.. " Can I get a Large Big Mac meal with a diet coke" "oh and do you guys still super size your fries?"

I had a friend that was giving herself the shots and they would make her pass out. She would wake up on the floor with a needle in her thigh..... but swore by it.... Lol Lol she lost about 20 and like everyone else she put it back on. Then tells me I'm crazy for getting the surgery.. Lol Ok honey....

You know what I find funny is when I tell people I had a gastric sleeve' date=' they automatically assume Lap Band. So I then have to spend some time educating them and once they find out what I did, and the changes I have made for my health, they are less likely to judge..amazingly enough.

I don't understand why people don't think what we have done is natural..I have no foreign objects in my body, I have changed the shape of my stomach to allow me a better life. SMH!!![/quote']

The few people I've told think the sleeve is gastric bypass.

So dumb. Nurses should be supportive not nasty.

nat·u·ral

/ˈnaCHərəl/

Adjective

Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Toilet paper is not natural. Wipe with leaves.

Niether is tooth paste. Let em rot.

Natural does not equal better.

Wipe?