Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bad/sad what 2 medical people said to me!

of course i'm so happy, healthy, blissful about my successes these past 19 months!!!!

went to my nurse/surgeon today - we were talking about how i'm doing

she said you are doing great - then somewhere in the conversation she said.......

people usually gain weight back in a couple of years!!!! :angry:

last week i went to a doctors office that knew i had WLS

the nurse and i were talking

she also just "threw" in the comment that its so sad that so many people gain the weight back!!!! :angry:

are you kidding me!!!!! :o

why in the world would anyone - especially a medical person say such a thing :o

i was just so shocked both times i literally think my mouth dropped!!!

i couldn't make a proper reply

i was speachless

anyone who "knows" me is aware that i love to talk and "write" alot :lol: "

i know "some" a "few" maybe might gain :angry: , but not this proudgrammy!!!! :lol:

but for ANYONE to put a cloud over your/my head - OMG??? :angry:

well thats my vent for the day :angry: ;)

kathy

Isn't it amazing how insensitive and rude some people can be and you would think that ESPECIALLY from someone in the medical field, they would be raising you up instead of tearing you down!

You go proudgrammy! ;)

There's a lot of very insensitive people out there. The nurse in your surgeon's office should know better though!! :angry: You've accomplished so much and you have a lot to be proud of - I'd be mad too if someone rained on my parade.

Besides, the data is clear. People who lose weight via WLS are less likely to gain back the weight than people who opt for diet alone.

Isn't it amazing how such smart people can be sooooo dumb! Flabbergasting!

They obviously do not know you too well Kathy. Sad that they couldn't recognize they were in the presence of ProudGrammy and she plans on staying that way!!

My nurse from my general practitioners office told me that I would end up a drug addict or an alcoholic! I was absolutely floored! Needless to say every time I go in for a checkup since surgery I make sure to make a comment like....well still not on any meth thank you! Lol

Some people can be really rude and insensitive to other people! Grrrrrrrr!

Proud Grammy I know that you will be successful long term! I think that is inappropriate. Maybe you should mention something to the office manager at the doctor's office. You don't need to say who said it to you but let them know about the comment and you could recommend that maybe some overall staff education might be in order....

My nurse from my general practitioners office told me that I would end up a drug addict or an alcoholic! I was absolutely floored! Needless to say every time I go in for a checkup since surgery I make sure to make a comment like....well still not on any meth thank you! Lol

Some people can be really rude and insensitive to other people! Grrrrrrrr!

WOW! WOW!WOW! That's all I can say!

Proud Grammy I know that you will be successful long term! I think that is inappropriate. Maybe you should mention something to the office manager at the doctor's office. You don't need to say who said it to you but let them know about the comment and you could recommend that maybe some overall staff education might be in order....

I agree to the MAX!! tho I wud say, tell who it was, bc if she is that bold to be so abrupt to u about it, then she needs a face full of crow to eat bc of it! She needs to be held accountable for her incentivity and made an ex of. Leave it up to the proper channel to decide if they want to call her out on it :'( nutbag!! And you, proudgrammy, keep the faith, nd from ur pix, the proof is in the pudding, so there!!! You're doing fabulous:) Dee Dee

Proud Grammy,

I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience, it's amazing to me that so many people in the medical world can be so negative and so uninformed.

I recently went thru the same thing at my OB/Gyn's office -- the nurse practitioner noticed I had lost a lot of weight since my last visit -- I said I had WLS, to which she replied "Oh don't people gain all the weight back!" I was livid, shocked and sad.

PS. I changed OB/GYN's!!

I don't think that LOTS of people gain the weight back - but these nurses see many more people and I will say that my therapist said the same thing. She and I have been "fighting" about this surgery for 3 weeks. Most of the problem is lack of education about the sleeve procedure. What I don't understand is the assumption that the majority of WLS patients gain the wait back. I really don't think that's true. Of course the more she fights me on this - the more I dig my heels in and am determined to have this surgery. She even told me that if she were in charge of my Psych eval., she would tell them to deny me. I'm going to Mexico, so it's not an issue but, I can't believe she said that.

Graaaaammmy! They don't know YOU! Don't let a couple of twits bring you down! Tgey were probably jealous of your fabulousness and unhappy with themselves. Misery LOVES company. Telling someone that AFTER they've had surgery is not constructive at all. Unless you prove them dead wrong! Let those words fly right past you. We all know how successful you were/are/will be!

My PCP said the same thing to me. She said people usually gain weight back and eat "around" it. Why the heck would they say that. And in a side note she isn't exactly skinny. I would think they would be happy we are doing something to better out lives. My friends that are medical professionals are super supportive. Granted they are my friends but they would tell me what they think.

I don't think that LOTS of people gain the weight back - but these nurses see many more people and I will say that my therapist said the same thing. She and I have been "fighting" about this surgery for 3 weeks. Most of the problem is lack of education about the sleeve procedure. What I don't understand is the assumption that the majority of WLS patients gain the wait back. I really don't think that's true. Of course the more she fights me on this - the more I dig my heels in and am determined to have this surgery. She even told me that if she were in charge of my Psych eval.' date=' she would tell them to deny me. I'm going to Mexico, so it's not an issue but, I can't believe she said that.[/quote']

Booo, omgsh what a jerk she seems to be!! This is NOT their bodies, or their minds! Regardless of what they think, its our decisions based on our exp w yo yo dieting, some people need to get over themselves!! Now I'm angry!! Do u have to have that therapist?? If not, for Gods sake nd yours, GIVE HER THA BOOT!! u shudnt have to fight your therapist about your rights unless she feels it'll be detrimental for your well being!! Ugh.

Nuchnush,BLKLYNgal87,Ms Anti-Band,JerseyGirl68,Sassygirl106,Tess,donewithdiabetes

its true..............

people get be insensitive, rude, dumb, et al!!!! :o

unbelievable :o

they open their mouths without thinking - but..............

ignorance is NOT bliss!!! :blink:

we know it is/can be a struggle at times staying "true" - but we ALL can/will be successful :)

comments that i heard (and the unbelievable meth/alcoholic comment!!! :o )are crazy

i/you don't need to hear such things

my head is not in the sand - i know i must continue to be diligent with all my eating,portions drinking et al...........

end of my "bad" comments, to the good.............

luv ya all :)

kathy