Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I'm 11 days PO I feel fine, like I feel like never had surgery accept the day 1 of course... Just wondering would it hurt if I tried purée foods yet... I'm starting to feel some what hunger an it's not head hunger just curious if anybody tried it 11PO.... Thanks......

Whatcha asking us for?? :P

But since you asked? NO :D

I would suggest you call your doctor..

At 11 day (the first month really) your stomach is still raw and numb so it's really hard to feel anything in there.

I would stick with the program the doctor gave. My doctor had me on pureed food after one week but I know many others have different policies.

You've had a problem free recovery so far..... don't blow it now..... Follow your Dr's post op directions to the letter for the best outcome.

Hey guys I'm 11 days PO I feel fine' date=' like I feel like never had surgery accept the day 1 of course... Just wondering would it hurt if I tried purée foods yet... I'm starting to feel some what hunger an it's not head hunger just curious if anybody tried it 11PO.... Thanks......[/quote']

Yes I did and kept it small and it was fine. I'm actually at day 9 po

Thanks guys I will... This liquid stuff getting old tho!!! Here's question lol dr sd 2wk liquid diet is 2wk 10 days or 14 days lol... Hey I should ask him lol....

Also everyone's body is different, they make these manuals for the mass population, bcause they have no way of knowing what your body will respond to. They and you don't know if you follow exactly the manual that all hell won't break loose at the next scheduled stage.

Thanks guys I will... This liquid stuff getting old tho!!! Here's question lol dr sd 2wk liquid diet is 2wk 10 days or 14 days lol... Hey I should ask him lol....

14 :) you are almost there! Good job.

And yes some people here will tell you hey I cheated and look at me I'm fine!!!

Try explaining that one to your doctor..

"Ummm yeah... Some chick on the Internet told me to go for it"

Call your doctor he or she will guide you :)

Hello, I am 13 days out and just came from my after surgery check-up. I've been eating small amounts of chicken, tuna, greek yogurt and mashed potatoes since day 9... I told my doctor and he wasn't at all mad, he actually told me that it was fine as long as it wasn't causing pain or nausea. Good Luck!!

Oh,and he said I can eat crackers!!! with cheese for the Protein though lol!! oh coarse he didn't offer, I asked, but he said it was fine as long as my belly could handle them.

Oh and is that a camero? My eyes suck :)

Yeah that's my baby lol

Yeah that's my baby lol

Nice! I'm a girl that loves cars... When I was younger I used to have classic cars and even worked on them myself. My grandfather taught me because he thought I'd probably never land a man to do those things for me :P

My daughter is getting a car soon and she is displaying a unique taste in cars too.

These days I'm rocking my midlife crisis in Porsche boxster.

I went for my three month post op appt. I have had no pain, no nausea, a slight stall and I stuck to my drs directions even though I felt great. I have lost 73 lbs. my doctor thanked me for listening to him- he said, that's the secret- do what your doctor tells YOU to do and if you want to jump ahead, call him and get his okay. Don't take some strangers advise on your stages of eating. There are plenty of people on here who got a leak, had gall bladder issues etc- you don't want that because you had to have some mashed potatoes. IMO

I'd say to do what your doctor told you. My doctor has us on purée in the hospital the day after surgery, but all doctors are different.