Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curios question........What is your average weight loss each week?

My average is 2 - 3 pounds a week which is what i was told to expect. It's hard because every time I've tried to lose weight I've just wanted to wake up skinny the next day but that's not realistic.

I've lost 90lbs in 7.5 months. NINETY! I will tell you from about month 4 to now I have followed the same 'lovely' pattern. AF (seriously- I had gone 3 years with our having one every month bc of an IUD and I have had one like clock work every single freaking month- not fair) lose 7-10lbs stall for 3 weeks. Have AF lose 7-10lbs the next week stall for 3 weeks. I've even bounced up a couple pounds in there- but I always net a 7-10lb loss. The first two months I thought I was broken- but it has been clockwork and it's apparently just how my body likes to lose.

As you can see from all the responses, every body is different here in terms of how they lose, how much they lose etc. Just like every doctor's pre-op and post-op diet there are a million and one different combinations of things. I know I went through the whole "OMFG why don't I look like Charlize Theron now" two days after surgery :P But give it time, and don't be a slave to the scale. This is a journey, not a race and with each pound you lose there will be ten new things you can do that you couldn't do before.

I've lost 90lbs in 7.5 months. NINETY! I will tell you from about month 4 to now I have followed the same 'lovely' pattern. AF (seriously- I had gone 3 years with our having one every month bc of an IUD and I have had one like clock work every single freaking month- not fair) lose 7-10lbs stall for 3 weeks. Have AF lose 7-10lbs the next week stall for 3 weeks. I've even bounced up a couple pounds in there- but I always net a 7-10lb loss. The first two months I thought I was broken- but it has been clockwork and it's apparently just how my body likes to lose.

This is EXACTLY how I am losing, too! No AF for two years (thanks, Mirena!) and since surgery it seems to control my weight. I thought I was broken...so although it's frustrating for me (and I'm sure you), I'm glad we aren't alone.

I am 3 weeks out, lost 30 pounds. I have been weighing myself EVERYDAY. It is so hard to not peek! Working on not doing that anymore!

I still weigh every day. I don't stress about it- it's just habit.

I'm obsessed, I weigh 8-12 times a day.. pretty much every time I pass the bathroom. I even weigh in the middle of the night if I get restless. And I'm only 6 days out!! It's horrible

I can't thank everyone enough for answering this thread!! There are so many mind games going on through this process and I am so grateful to have all of you and your honesty. I guess I should just be patient and know this is going to happen because I am doing everything the way I was told to do it. The scale went down a little more today so that was encouraging since I just got back from vacation (and didn't cheat). :) Thank you!!!!

I have been struggling with the same thinking! I am down 18 pounds in 6 weeks, and I thought it would be faster too. I realized I had "magical thinking" that the surgery would be my moment to blink my eyes and the weight would all be gone! Don't we wish!

The people I find inspirational with their weight loss from bariatric surgery lost the weight over 12 - 18 months, I need to "get real" and quit thinking I should be losing 3 lbs a week!

Instead of focusing on weight loss right now, I am focused on getting all my Protein, Water and exercise in each day. I KNOW the weight will come off if I stay on program and manage those 3 things!

This is pretty much the same thing that I have been thinking!! You hit the nail on the head and you are so right. I need to just concentrate on the 3 things and carry on with my journey!! :) :) :)

I am averaging approx 3 lbs a week. It feels slow but when I look at the big picture, I know I'm doing pretty well.

I think everyone wishes they lost faster, at some point. Slow and steady is healthy, according to my primary care doctor. I know I'd never have lost 3 lbs a week on my own, so I try to focus on that and do the best I can.

~Kat

I'm obsessed' date=' I weigh 8-12 times a day.. pretty much every time I pass the bathroom. I even weigh in the middle of the night if I get restless. And I'm only 6 days out!! It's horrible[/quote']

The best time to weigh is in the morning right after you pee with all your clothes off, because your weight will fluctuate during the day