Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the first week or so how many did you eat? I'm having 2 shakes a day which is 110 each, then I'm on purée foods too. Yesterday I had 280 calories, but today I had over 500!!! Im only 5 days out. I'm eating purée egg salad, purée refrained Beans with sour cream, and a tiny bit of fat free cream of broccoli with a little cheese melted in. Is that too much? I'm eating the right servings (2-4oz depending on the food), but that seems like a lot of calories!

Well the first two weeks out I was only on liquids. Then the third week I was on purée foods. I'm on week 4 and still on purée for another week. I do check my calories on the purée diet and am getting around 800 or 900 a day. My Nut said that about right.

My Dr and nut said not to even think about calories during those first stages but to focus on getting the Proteins and fluids. I don't think 500 calories is anywhere near a lot so no need to worry about it. When you get to solid foods that's when you will need to start counting the calories to develop the proper habits to succeed. Good Luck.

I'm six days out, on full liquids and managing to get 500-600 calories a day right now. But as Richard said, I'm supposed to be focused on getting in the liquids, getting in the Protein right now, and not worrying about calories OR THE SCALE(!) until I'm more healed. In my case, I know my calorie count because I track my foods in MyFitnessPal so that I'm being accountable. What is good is I'm getting right around 60 grams of Protein a day, and averaging about 55-60 oz. of liquid. I want both numbers up just a smidge, but I'm confident I'm on the right track.

Because I'm just that sort of a geek and interested in patterns, I am tracking my measurements, weight, carbs, calories and so on, but I don't *care* about them right now - I know that they don't really mean anything until I stabilize on a more normal diet and I'm more healed in a few weeks, so they're all just numbers to satisfy my curiosity at this point. My advice is that if you can't treat it as irrelevant data right now, don't even look at that information. If your tummy is like mine, even on liquids there's no way you could put enough in to be a problem at this stage, and the more dense protein will restrict you even further. Stick with your plan and you'll be great!

Calories was not a big thing with my surgeon's office either, but was on full liquids for 4 weeks than on to puréed phase, which I was allowed 1 1/2ounces for each meal for 4 weeks...

I am allowed 800 but I rarely get over 500 to 600 calories per day. I am 3 months post op.

I guess when I start eating solid food it will be harder to do. But I guess it's better than my 3000 calories pre op!

I'm 15 wks, but still mostly liquid/puréed diet & get an average of 400-550 cal/day.

I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and average between 400-500 a day, today I had 800, which includes 180 from a Liquid Protein shot and I feel like I have eaten a house!!! My thinking has shifted so dramatically ... My meals were almost all Protein, but I am still feeling guilty for having so many calories!

I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and average between 400-500 a day' date=' today I had 800, which includes 180 from a liquid Protein shot and I feel like I have eaten a house!!! My thinking has shifted so dramatically ... My meals were almost all Protein, but I am still feeling guilty for having so many calories![/quote']

That's how I feel!! I had 700 calories today!!! 220 from shakes, egg salad purée, guacamole purée, and a little cream of broccoli Soup with cheese. I ate the right portions.. I guess these are just high calorie foods?

My first week I was on Clear Liquids so I hardly had any calories at all from that.. MAYBE 150 calories a day. My second week I was at around 600 calories a day. By six weeks out I was eating at 800-1050 calories a day.