Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often did your doctor schedule follow ups? I went for my two week follow up on June 19 and my next appointment isn't until October! I read so many posts where people say their doc released them to this or that at 6 weeks, or did revaluations at 6 weeks, 8 weeks etc. it just seems strange not to have any follow up visits scheduled until 4 months later.

Maybe I should schedule follow ups with a nutritionist who specializes in WLS?

follow ups?

4MEL21

All surgeons, NUTS are different

remember through your journey that NUTS may give different directions

eat this, can't eat that, do this - not that

oher people will tell what their NUT says - you MUST follow only your NUT or surgeons directions/instruction

I saw my surgeon and NUT 2 weeks post op

the next month i saw doc and NUT

saw the nurse and NUT once a month til I was at 6 month WLS

NUT was great!!!!!

whenever i had a question - i would call her or email

she always got back to me the same day :)

then i saw my NUT in 3 month intervals

had appt with nurse at 6 months

at one year saw nurse & NUT

around 12/15/13 i will see doc and NUT - this will be 2 year post WLS :)

was at goal by my 1 year mark (proud to say i lost 105 lbs ;) )

continueing to maintain these past 7 months :)

follow the rules of the sleeve

all Water rules - eat slowly, chew thoroughly to name a couple

good luck on your voyage to a healthier, happier, longer life

kathy

How often did your doctor schedule follow ups? I went for my two week follow up on June 19 and my next appointment isn't until October! I read so many posts where people say their doc released them to this or that at 6 weeks' date=' or did revaluations at 6 weeks, 8 weeks etc. it just seems strange not to have any follow up visits scheduled until 4 months later.

Maybe I should schedule follow ups with a nutritionist who specializes in WLS?[/quote']

Every program is different. I saw my surgeon at 2 1/2 weeks out. Then again 3 months later (June) and won't go back until Sept. Haven't met with my NUT since the week before surgery.

I went at 3 weeks out, which accounted for my 2 week and 1 month and then don't go back until August 15, which will be my 3 month appointment.

I am really glad I went to a hospital that was stamped as a Bariatric Center of Excellence. The nutritionist is specialized for weight loss surgery diets. All surgeons in this field should make this available to their patients. And waiting to October to see somebody is very long in my opinion. You should absolutely call them and tell them you want to see them atleast in August. And schedule yourself an appointment every month with a nutritionist until you have been well adjusted to the new eating plan. And make sure the specialize in weight loss surgery--the needs are so different. You need their skills.

My follow ups are 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 yr, 18 months, 2 yrs, and annually after that. IMO you're too early out to go that long between follow ups.