Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Acevez, Dr Ortiz or Dr Alvarez?

I have yet to find anyone else having surgery with Dr. Aceves on August 5th! Hoping for a surgery buddy.

I emailed Nina and asked her if anyone else was having surgery on the same date as I. She said yes, and I gave permission to Nina to give my email to that person. She has since emailed me. :)

Dr Aceves... Amaizing attention, also the hospital has a great service... You got the nurse just behind the door... i really would recommend Dr Aceves

Decision made....going with Dr Ortiz. Thanks to everyone for your advice and help in making this decision. I think one can't go wrong with all three of those surgeons but in the end, you just have to listen to your gut!(no pun intended)

when are you going to schedule your surgery????

when are you going to schedule your surgery????

It's is tentatively scheduled for aug 7, just waiting on conf from the Doc.

cool im thinking mine will be around oct 1 I have to get my passports...and that will give me enough time for the wait

What is the total cost that Dr.Aceves charges for the sleeve,hotel and such? And Does anyone have his first name & his contact info & website?

I had my sleeve 5 weeks ago. My total cost (excluding airfare and meals prior to surgery) was $8750. That cost included transportation to and from San Diego airport, one night at the hotel, all pre-op testing, surgery and three nights in the hospital.

His first name is Alberto and his website is www.mexicalibariatric.com

NerdInOregon, Sorry, I must of missed this response in my notifications. Thank You very much for that Information. So, you too had a good experience? Do you remember the cost of airfare per.person?

I had a great experience. I wasn't sure what to expect but the attention and care was better than I expected or have experienced here in the states. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

We flew out of Portland and it was about $230 a person. We spent the night in San Diego at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina, which was very nice. Ernesto picked us up from the hotel the next morning. :)

NerdInOregon,

I really like all I'm reading about Dr. Aceves. Almost Everyone seems to have had a wonderful experience and are losing well. I appreciate the recommendation. I don't remember if you said, but did you book thru a coordinator or direct? Can I get the direct number you called to get it started/booked?

Now the hotel in SanDiego thats a first I heard of the surgeons putting ya up overnight? Howcome they do that? Was your surgery the next day? What is his PreOp requirments like? Does he charge more for a higher BMI#?

Sorry, for the 100 questions :huh:

My bad. They didn't pay for my hotel in San Diego, though I see why you read it that way. I just went down a day before Ernesto's pick-up because I didn't like my flight options Monday morning.

I booked directly with Nina. I don't think I ever called, I did everything via email. I emailed from his website, which I believe is www.mexicalibariatric.com .

I think he does charge more for a high BMI. I think there was an extra $500 charge but is have to look at my paperwork. I was a 50.1 BMI when I first inquired but lost 35 pounds before surgery.

Oh, and his pre-op requirements can vary a little depending on your health history and BMI. My requirements were to do a 7 day pre-op diet of high Protein, lower fat, low carb. I didn't have to count calories. They do, however, encourage you to exercise and lose weight before surgery.

I have a YouTube channel (under this user name) where I talk at length about my experience there. I did a video after my pre-op tests, and one on each of the two days following surgery.

Honestly not sure if I'm supposed to do this or this website or not, but I'll try. I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Aceves on August 17th, and have been communicating with Nina in his office. Here is her information. I just copied and pasted it out of one of her emails. Also, if you just email through the website, she contacts you directly.

Nina Eguia

Patient Coordinator, Dr. Aceves

888 344 3916 toll free direct 619 917 9028

ninaeguiambc@gmail.com

www.mexicalibariatric.com