Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED HELP ON GETTING PROTEIN..

I had a hard time with Protein for a while. My goal was to stay hydrated and then go from there. I could not stomach anything chocolate so Premier Protein (a whole box of them) was going to waste. I found that I could mix 1 oz Premier with 1 oz 1% milk and I was able to digest it better. So I started doing that for a while. I still can't tolerate the chocolate ones but I can handle the vanilla ones.

I just bought vanilla premeir Protein today. It tastes Water based but still has flavor. It's not like a food I would enjoy but I think for the health benefit I can at least get it down and keep it in. I am going for my 10 day checkup tomorrow and I wonder if they will offer me anything.

The Protein I bought before surgery I could not tolerate after.The thought of it made me ill. At about three weeks I was able to tolerate protein. I now use products from GNC. I tolerate those fine. I discovered by accident that I am lactose intollerant to full fat milk after trying a small vanilla shake from Mcdonalds and it coming up violently 30 minutes later. I use skim milk and bananna creme Protein Powder and that works great. Keep trying until you find something you like. Some of the protein powder companies sell samples so you can find something you like. I personally to not like Syntrax products because they taste too sweet to me. When I was trying to get my protein in I was having trouble keeping it down and my doc said not to worry about getting your protein in and concentrate on your Water intake the protein will come in time. Good luck.

Check out the recipies section lots of ideas to incorporate protien powder same with blog World According to Eggface.

I am right there with you. I am 17 days post-op and my dr. said nothing to eat or drink that won't go through a strainer for 21 days. I can not stand milk in every day life so getting in the Protein has been next to impossible for me. I have tried every kind of Protein Drink. Ones you mix with juice, the Isopure and then several different kinds of Protein Shakes. They are make me feel like I am going to throw up if I have to drink them. I have decided at this point that I am 4 days away from eating soft foods and that I will wait until then and I can have eggs, greek yogurt, ground beef, etc. I have lost 25 pounds (11 pre-op) , taking my Vitamins and I am feeling good. I will be glad when I can chew something though.

Another idea when you are allowed soft foods is sugar free fat free pudding. Make it with skim milk but add 1/4 or 1/3 cup of powdered dry milk. It adds Protein and the pudding is actually creamier. You can add it to creamed Soups too.

My dr says to add the powdered Protein as well. I gotta say I didn't like it.... But someone else might like it though...