Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ruining my weightloss?

I do have some Fiber gummies so I will make sure i am using them more often. Also I did speak to my dr about not being regular and he said it was normal for the amount of food I am eating and it will get better the further long I am. I am not constipated at all.

As far as eating the pickles 3 weeks out I asked my doctor about that too and he said whatever floats my boat. He told me a lot of people he has worked with end up craving pickle juice because the flavor is so intense. I do have to say I could probably live off of pickles and pepper jack cheese lately. Tart and spicy is all I want.

My goal for the rest if the week is focusing on my Protein and fluids and taking my fiber gummies. Ill get the scale moving and some other things moving while I am at it!

I have been eating pickles lately. And drinking pickle juice. I will try to lay off the pickles and up my Protein.

I have to ask you WHY are you eating pickles and drinking the juice? That is a serious question. Your little tummy is swollen and trying to heal, there is a staple line....and on top of everything else, there is very little space. Put a half a scrambled egg in it, some 1% cottage cheese or some Greek yogurt!!! Protein, this is your honeymoon period, make the most of it and you'll do fine!

I have to ask you WHY are you eating pickles and drinking the juice? That is a serious question. Your little tummy is swollen and trying to heal' date=' there is a staple line....and on top of everything else, there is very little space. Put a half a scrambled egg in it, some 1% cottage cheese or some Greek yogurt!!! Protein, this is your honeymoon period, make the most of it and you'll do fine![/quote']

My doctor told me not to focus on Protein that he knows its hard. Also I don't eat cottage cheese or yogurt. I eat lots of chicken and Beans in the day. I'm not eating pickles for all of my meals. Also when I say eating pickles I mean eating 2 small sliced pieces, not huge whole pickles. Also as far as my stomach being swollen and trying to heal, my doctor has approved everything I am eating, if he thought there was danger I think he would have warned me.

I love pickles the whole family does id love to go buy some asap n eat the jar lol I however know id stuff myself on one so o don't bother...enjoy it of u can handle it girl!!

Okay. I'm not yelling at OP but sometimes posts make me want to bang my head on the wall. Not so much the original post but some of the responses we see sometimes. So this post is going to show here, in this thread, but is really kind of directed out there in a general sense, in a "for goodness' sake stop freaking out people" kind of sense.

This is not a stall.

A stall is three weeks at the same weight, no budge.

We do not need to fiddle with our diets to break stalls. They are normal. What is not normal is expecting to lose weight every single time we step on the scale. Our bodies go through trauma and shedding weight at a pace never before matched is a shock to our systems. Stalls, plateaus, stops, starts, gains - ALL NORMAL. No reason to break out the diet handbook and stop eating or doing special tricks to make the scale move.

All you do is make yourself crazy when you think you can control your rate of loss.

Easy way to put your mind at ease: Ask yourself if you ate an extra 3,500 calories for each pound that scale reflects. The answer is most assuredly NO. It is not fat. It is Water from sodium, or gain from exercise or that monthly gain most women experience due to hormones.

So, in the beginning you have to have one of two approaches to the scale:

One, weigh daily but accept that it will do crazy things that make no sense, that you cannot control it and that the weight will come off if you persevere and keep on the same path.

Two, weigh weekly and rejoice each time you log that loss, however small.

We all go through this frustration. I can bounce as much as EIGHT POUNDS overnight if I do strenuous exercise. Did I eat an extra 28,000 calories the night before? NO, that would be impossible short of putting in a milkshake IV.

Relax. Enjoy this and accept that the scale isn't your friend. It's a tool - literally, a tool that reflects your weight and a tool in the crude sense (i.e. a total d**k that isn't on your side) so just breathe and keep on going.

~Cheri

Okay. I'm not yelling at OP but sometimes posts make me want to bang my head on the wall. Not so much the original post but some of the responses we see sometimes. So this post is going to show here' date=' in this thread, but is really kind of directed out there in a general sense, in a "for goodness' sake stop freaking out people" kind of sense.

This is not a stall.

A stall is three weeks at the same weight, no budge.

We do not need to fiddle with our diets to break stalls. They are normal. What is not normal is expecting to lose weight every single time we step on the scale. Our bodies go through trauma and shedding weight at a pace never before matched is a shock to our systems. Stalls, plateaus, stops, starts, gains - ALL NORMAL. No reason to break out the diet handbook and stop eating or doing special tricks to make the scale move.

All you do is make yourself crazy when you think you can control your rate of loss.

Easy way to put your mind at ease: Ask yourself if you ate an extra 3,500 calories for each pound that scale reflects. The answer is most assuredly NO. It is not fat. It is Water from sodium, or gain from exercise or that monthly gain most women experience due to hormones.

So, in the beginning you have to have one of two approaches to the scale:

One, weigh daily but accept that it will do crazy things that make no sense, that you cannot control it and that the weight will come off if you persevere and keep on the same path.

Two, weigh weekly and rejoice each time you log that loss, however small.

We all go through this frustration. I can bounce as much as EIGHT POUNDS overnight if I do strenuous exercise. Did I eat an extra 28,000 calories the night before? NO, that would be impossible short of putting in a milkshake IV.

Relax. Enjoy this and accept that the scale isn't your friend. It's a tool - literally, a tool that reflects your weight and a tool in the crude sense (i.e. a total d**k that isn't on your side) so just breathe and keep on going.

~Cheri[/quote']

Cheri, this is a great post, and a great reminder to those of us just starting out. I am a little over 9 weeks out, and have decided after reading posts from you & some of the other vets that although I can't quite avoid my scale yet , I won't pay much attention to it. I weigh almost daily, but I only log when I lose. I no longer get bothered by small gains or the number staying the same. I know what I've eaten, and I just chalk it up to the reasons you listed. And then I wait for it to go down again and I do my happy dance!!

Thanks for keeping a voice of reason on here for us!