Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ruining my weightloss?

So I was 3 weeks out as of Tuesday. I lost 30# in the first 2 weeks and nothing in the 3rd week. I know this is the time for a stall. The thing I am concerned about is that I am actually not eating enough. I can eat pretty much all foods. My doctors diet seems to progress quicker than others.

I go swimming everyday and ride a recumbent bike. But I have gained 2 pounds. I do have to say I do not have regular bm's.

So I feel like I am crazy and I must be the only person on the planet to have the sleeve and gain 2 pounds!!!

Any suggestions?

So I was 3 weeks out as of Tuesday. I lost 30# in the first 2 weeks and nothing in the 3rd week. I know this is the time for a stall. The thing I am concerned about is that I am actually not eating enough. I can eat pretty much all foods. My doctors diet seems to progress quicker than others.

I go swimming everyday and ride a recumbent bike. But I have gained 2 pounds. I do have to say I do not have regular bm's.

So I feel like I am crazy and I must be the only person on the planet to have the sleeve and gain 2 pounds!!!

Any suggestions?

If you'd gained 10 pounds after being sleeved then you'd have reason to be concerned. 30 pounds in two weeks is phenomenal, be patient and give your body time to catch up.

If you'd gained 10 pounds after being sleeved then you'd have reason to be concerned. 30 pounds in two weeks is phenomenal' date=' be patient and give your body time to catch up.[/quote']

Thank you. It's 2 pounds that goes up and down for the past few days.

I had that same issue for around 10 days n then started losing again other day! It will come off! Just body catching up :-)

Weigh your self once a week only! on the other days have someone hide it! As for bowel movements. It can mess with what the scale says by up to 5 pounds that's my experience. Don't fret theres only one way for the scale to go and thats down be patient and as the other person posted give your body time to catch up :) Good luck

Any suggestions?

Be patient. I did the up a lb or two, down a lb or two, up again, then down.....this was MY pattern during my entire losing stage. It's not a big deal at all. You're fine and if you are doing everything you're suppose to do and nothing you shouldn't.....you've had approx. 85% of your tummy removed, you WILL lose weight! I'd bet money on it and I'm not a betting woman!! Good luck, you are doing GREAT!

Any suggestions?

You might try to up your Protein intake to 80 or 90 grams to break your stall. You might have gained two pounds of muscle and not fat.Up one or two pounds,I would not worry about that,sometimes this happens to me.It might be from too much sodium intake and that is causing you to retain Water, just keep moving forward and the weight will come off.

Thank you guys!! I normally weigh every Tuesday but I have decided to go every other Tuesday so I won't be so hard on myself. I think after the initial 30# it just freaked me out!!

You might try to up your Protein intake to 80 or 90 grams to break your stall. You might have gained two pounds of muscle and not fat.Up one or two pounds' date='I would not worry about that,sometimes this happens to me.It might be from too much sodium intake and that is causing you to retain Water, just keep moving forward and the weight will come off.[/quote']

I have been eating pickles lately. And drinking pickle juice. I will try to lay off the pickles and up my Protein.< /p>

I think it's kind of normal and you are doing sooo great!!! you should talk to your doctor though about not having regular bm's just to see what he says. Keep going your awesome!!

the sodium alone in the pickles and Pickle Juice will make you retain Water. But you are off to an amazing start. Wow. Good for you. I am 6 months out and don't think I could eat a pickle. I am shocked for week 3 you can. Also beware of Constipation and be proactive about it. It is no fun.

You're doing awesome. Try High Fiber, low sodium V8 veggie juice to help with BMs

I am in the same boat as you- I was sleeved one month ago, and the first three weeks I lost at least one pound a day, and this past week only one pound. I know that everyone goes through a stall, but it is very frustrating when it happens to you! I was hoping I would be the exception and not hit a plateau.

the sodium alone in the pickles and pickle juice will make you retain Water.

This. Right. Here!

Jami, the turkey chili I demo on my YouTube channel always kept things "moving" for me. I recall also taking a fiber supplement daily back when I was't eat much volume. No one ever got fat from eating pickles, so eat them if you like them!