Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

and now the waiting begins......

Had my last appointment yesterday and dr's office said they had everything needed to send to oxford and they would submit it either today or Friday. I think this is the worst part, working so hard the last few months and doing everything that was asked of you and now all you can do is wait.

I know how you feel. My last appointment will be November 26th and going through all this to be denied would crush me

We are in the same boat....I'm trying to keep busy and focus on other stuff...

I feel ya.. I have been waiting on the drs office to change the insurance code so we can finish up appointments and I can get a surgery sat for the past two weeks..

Hope all goes well for you and you hear something soon!

Well, got a call from my surgeons office yesterday and was told that they spoke to OXford and found out I actually need 6 dietician visits not 3!!!! So now I won't be done till the 1st week of September. Needless to say I cried for a bit. I mean, what am I going to gain from 3 more visits?? Yes I'm eating my 3 veggies and fruits a day. Yes I'm drinking my Water. Yes I'm exercising. Yes I cut out all my coffee. And I get to go and answer these questions 3 more times, for what? ? Very frustrating to say the least. Sorry to sound like a negative nelly, just had to vent to some people that I know understand.

i was originally supposed to be sleeved in March....all set, ready to go with my date set and went in for final clearance from my primary doc...well i was "too anemic" in her opinion (even though my surgeon was ok with my levels). My primary did not clear me....put me on the pill and made me wait 3 months before i could even get re-tested. of course I gained weight from the pill and was miserable. It was really hard to power through....but I took the pill, two doses of Iron everyday and was re-tested the second week of June. thankfully she then cleared me, and I just was sleeved on July 1. I know it totally sucks being ready and then having to wait....All you can do is try to stay as positive as you can and hopefully you have a supportive, spouse, sibling, parent who can help keep you on track getting prepared.

ShellBell, sorry for the delay, that stinks....I'm trying to keep busy during this approval process.....I've prepared myself for several outcomes.....but not a 3 month delay...keep your head up, keep plugging along....My NUT didn't even talk about diet.....the first thing she said "I'm not going to put you on a diet".....and all we've talked about during our 3 visits is the pre-op diet, and the stages post-op....it still surprises me how different the requirements are from insurance companies to health care providers.....Good Luck!

Had my last appointment yesterday and dr's office said they had everything needed to send to oxford and they would submit it either today or Friday. I think this is the worst part' date=' working so hard the last few months and doing everything that was asked of you and now all you can do is wait.[/quote']

Exactly :((

I'm in the process of waiting to hear from insurance right now also. Some of what I'm hearing is scary.

I'm in the process of waiting to hear from insurance right now also. Some of what I'm hearing is scary.

Hi honey

Good morning

From California

I wish you the Best :))

Had my last appointment yesterday and dr's office said they had everything needed to send to oxford and they would submit it either today or Friday. I think this is the worst part' date=' working so hard the last few months and doing everything that was asked of you and now all you can do is wait.[/quote']

I agree I am doing the wait game.

My surgeon's office said the approval process generally takes about 10 days (this is for cigna, and I'm in CT).

My surgeon's office said the approval process generally takes about 10 days (this is for cigna' date=' and I'm in CT).[/quote']

Thank you babes :))

How long is the weight ????

I'm in california

I am from Missouri and from what I understood it will take 3 weeks