Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

LOL Darcy I sure know that chocolate feeling I have it constantly!

Well I have some bad news and some good news, the good news is that the insurance company approved my breast reduction the bad news is that the Dr didn't even know that he was not part of my network...frickinafrackinerrrrr....the office manager said well you can pay the out of pocket portion! Then she was very helpful and said that I could go to an in network Dr and bring my approval papers with me and they would forward all there stuff and it would all go fast and be no problem to be approved again. I had made an appointment earlier this week with another Dr and I go see him next Tuesday the 6th. I'm going to try to make that appointment earlier.

When I first found out about the approval I felt really down. The timing couldn't be worse, with MIL in rehab and FIL living with us how the heck am I going to do this. But doing it in February early March is best for me to do it cause of the magazine and our close outs. So I have desided to go ahead as quickly as possible DH is also going on a Job interview and insurance may change all together. I have also desided that I'm going back to exercising everyday my MIL isn't going to die if I don't get to see her first thing in the morning and my FIL isn't going to go crazy if he has to wait a little while for me to bring him there.

So that is a quick update on whats new here. Have a good Sunday night!

Sherry--I had one DD of my own, and inherited both a DD and a DS, they are now DS-27, DD (mine)-25, and DD 24. I still check on them, and worry myself sick when things are not to my liking. On the same note---my Mom called to tell me I had not checked in in a couple of days....so, I am 46, so looks like you have a good 30 years ahead of you to worry!!! Ain't it great???!!!

It really doesn't get any easier----I think we do adjust, and learn to realize they are making good choices....it just takes awhile of letting them actually make those choices, and doing things on their own, for us to realize the lessons we worked so hard to teach them actually "took".

I am quite proud of the adults our kids become---but there were some hellish speed bumps along the way. And they still make life choices sometimes that make me crazy---but I do my best to keep my mouth shut. I didn't even try when they were 16---I was in all their business!!!

Hang in there----you raised him well, he will do you proud!

Be back later to catch some personals!

Kat

ps.....be very, very quiet....my scale moved....I don't want to scare it into stopping again!!

Today's my first day as a working mom! Here it is Monday morning at 1am and I'm too freaking wound up to sleep. :confused: I'm sipping a small glass of red wine to try to conk myself out. Have to be up and out with the kiddoes at 7am - yikes! I have my clothes layed out and the kids's lunches packed. Did I mention the alarm is set early so that I can hop on the elliptical for 30 mins before work? Hmm... perhaps today is NOT the best day to hop on the exercise bandwagon. :confused:

Dianne, good for you! I'm so glad you're taking some time for yourself to exercise. Keep us posted on the surgery date - I'm sure they can get you set up somewhere else fairly easily. It can't be as hard as getting lapband approval at any rate. :rofl:

Eilene, oh no - we're not staying at the $800/night hotel. We usually do dinner and a movie for our anniversary but we always said we'd splurge for the 10th. But there's splurging and then there's stupid, lol. Glad to hear you and DH had a nice anniversary! You have my sympathy for the polly pockets. DD got a small set for Christmas and they've moved into every nook and cranny of the house.

Kat, (whispers) pssst... congrats on the weight loss!

Darcy, did you find the chocolate? Can I have some? :hungry:

Sherry, I made pork chops in the crock pot yesterday and DH loved them. I used the really thick boneless ones, threw them in raw (though I could have browned them with some onion - I didn't bother and they turned out fine), then added a bottle of teriyaki sauce and a cup of Water. Cooked them all day and served them with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. Yummy, though I've tried it several times now and the brand of teriyaki sauce really makes a difference. Some brands are WAY too salty. I'd love a good chicken crock pot recipe if you find one!

Crispy, you poor thing! I hope the doctor can give you something on Monday to finally get rid of your bronchitis. (((HUGS)))

Mandy, how is your foot healing up?

Okay, time to try to fall asleep again. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep on my first day, lol. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

:notagree :notagree :notagree :notagree

Good Morning Y'all!

I survived the weekend, but sure was tired! We didn't get home until 11:00 Saturday night from making the tamales, but they sure did turn out good! Now we all have a big supply of them in the freezer! We made both beef and pork ones. Yummy!

Yesterday we had to take a bunch of stuff up to the son's place and that took half the day, then the dredded housework/laundry/supper was waiting on me when we returned. I did make up a batch of Sherry's Soup, although I changed it a little too. I added a can of rotel tomatoes, some mushroons, and a potato to it. I haven't tasted it yet, but I am taking a mug of it for lunch today. It sure smelled good cooking all day in the crock pot.:confused:

Eileen - Happy belated anniversary! Glad you had a good time.:clap2: :clap2:

Darcy girl - you are sure busting butt with that exercise. Hope you lose big on that scale today!

Anne - Good luck on your first day today! Let us know how it all goes!

Dianne - It sounds like you have your head in the right place! Good for you!

Kat - Whoooo Hooo! Opps didn't mean to yell so loud, but I couln't help myself! Good for you the scale is moving again!:clap2: :clap2:

Sherry - So what did you end up cooking yesterday? Hope you feel better today!:confused:

Chrispy - Awwww, hope you start feeling better!

Mandy - How is the foot surgery going? Hopefully you are not hurting and getting better!

Cindy - Have you worn a path to the post office yet? :rofl: :D :D

Beanie - How was the birthday? Hope you had a great one!

Well, time to get moving and get ready for work! Hello to all of you I missed, hope y'all have a great day!

Morning....still stuffed up and hacking but at least at work today. Hmmm should of stayed in my jammies though I think.

This weekend I made Eileens recipe for egg muffins. I must say they came out nice and fluffy and everyone at the house was asking me what I was making lol. I had BIL, SIL and a friend over for dinner along with my own family and I made those after we were done eating. They really don't take long to make either. I just finished one for Breakfast and it was delish! Thanks Eileen! DH took a few for breakfast this morning too. I stuck the rest in the freezer in individual baggies to grab on the way to work.

I made chicken Cacciatore in the crockpot and it came out AWESOME! DH cut up a 3-4 pound chicken for me and I used that. The recipe is easy and the chicken came out really tender. I'll post the recipe later if anyone would like it. It fed 6 people with enough left over for 3-4 more servings. I used wheat Pasta in it and it came out really tender.

Well I need to get to work. Have a great day folks and if I'm not too popped tonight I'll get back to do personals. *hack, cough, sniffle*

Oh yea.....both puppies are sick too. Ohhhh it ain't pretty at my house. DH took care of them but what a mess! Jenny seems to have gotten over it but, now Jake started with the "D" this morning UGH. Does anyone know if Dogs get people illnesses?

Sherry...I'm not positive but I do not think that your hubby and the puppies would share the same virus. Did they have something in common like perhaps eating the same food? ?? Now I'm not saying your hubby is dipping into the Science Diet... just wondering if there was a situation of hubby eating and then sharing the left-overs?

Anne... Have a wonderful day at work today and hope you got a little bit of sleep!!!!! If not...I bet the adrenaline pumping for the first day at work will keep ya going! Go gett'em tiger!

Betty... I don't know if you can consider 1 a ton...lol... and it was barely that. My body is definitely messed up...I have never in my life lost weight this slow especially at this high of a weight. At this rate I will not be down to the weight listed on my signature for 3 months...lol. I'm glad you got a little rest this weekend...LOLOLOL... but I bet the tamales and the Soup will both be delicious! Have a good day at work!

Dainne.... I am so glad you said that about the exercise... it is so easy to stop taking care of ourselves when we are focused on caring for others. If we want to give our best to the people we love... we have to make sure we stay healthy too! Besides... exercise=endorphines... and that equals less depression.

Okay... where did you guys put my chocolate?

Darcy - The puppies only eat their food (Other than I give them a small piece of what I can't finish but, I haven't done that in a long time.) but, the other day Jenny wouldn't listen and come back to DH when he called her when she went into the woods. So we're wondering if she ate something dead out there and then showed Jake where to find it after. YUCK! I try to tell DH and DS to keep the pups on the leash when it's bathroom time but, they don't listen to me and since DH does most of the care I can only push so much. I have a feeling miss Jenny ate a dead squirrel, mushrooms or something else rotten back there ewwww.

Sounds like every puppies dream meal...lol! My pups seem to think the rabbit poo in out back yard is an appetizer... ewwwwwwwwwwwww. It was a sure thing when Ava came in with a little round poo stuck to the outside of her lip. I suppose I shouldn't have been suprised... after all... she licks her bottom on a daily basis.

I joke that my dog loves the kitty box crunchies. When she chases the cats I say she is treating them like Pez dispensers, going straight to the source. My DH is grosses out by my joke. Actually the dog no longer eats out of the cat pan, I broke her of that with cat box freshener from tidy cat (it smells really strong and burns her nose). We don't have any critters in the back yard, we have a privacy fence around the whole yard so no worries there. My sisters rottie got into some mushrooms last fall, you would know if that's what they ate, it would be lethargic, foaming at the mouth and have severe diarrhea. ~Mandy

Yeah... I doubt that deer poo or rabbit poo would make them sick... makes us sick thinking about it...lol. Hopefully whatever they got is done and through creating havoc in their systems!

Mandy...EWWWWWWWWW... kitty almond rocha!