Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT!

AGH! I am almost 3 months out and I'm losing my hair!!!! I knew it was possible, but....ACH! I get my 60 grams that my doc and dietician recommended but it still is coming out! Every day there is more and more in the drain after my shower. I'm a natural blonde so I have thin, fine hair anyway and I don't have any to spare! I bought some thickening Shampoo today and got it trimmed to make it less noticeable but what can I do to stop this from happening in the first place? And while I'm asking questions, if I have to lose my hair, why can't it be from somewhere useful, like my legs or where I get my eyebrows waxed? What do you guys think? Anyone else have this going on?

That's super scarey I'm going to have to drink my Protein more! Yikes :( good luck

You can try Biotin, thickening Shampoo, get your Vitamins, get your protien etc. for some of us, it jsut happens, and is really unavoidable. The good news is that it doesn't all fall out, and that it grows back. I noticed mine thinning around month 3 so I cut it off and donated to locks of love before the fall out got so bad it was unusable. It started growing in again around month six. I keep it in a short pixie style, and really dig my new cut. The best thing to do is focus on your weight loss and not the Hair loss, just think of it as a new you! It really does get better, I promise!!

Biotin 10,000, prenatal Vitamins, Biotin/Collagen Organix Shampoo/conditioner (purple bottle Walmart), slow down on styling products & tools...good luck to all of us with this!!

You can try biotin' date=' thickening Shampoo, get your Vitamins, get your protien etc. for some of us, it jsut happens, and is really unavoidable. The good news is that it doesn't all fall out, and that it grows back. I noticed mine thinning around month 3 so I cut it off and donated to locks of love before the fall out got so bad it was unusable. It started growing in again around month six. I keep it in a short pixie style, and really dig my new cut. The best thing to do is focus on your weight loss and not the hair loss, just think of it as a new you! It really does get better, I promise!![/quote']

I agree! I told my doc about people sayn their hair is falling out, he said Biotin DOES NOT Work! He said its inevitable bc of the extreme weightloss, the body has to make a choice concerning where the nutrients must go...and usually the choice are our vital organs, lungs, heart, kidneys nd so forth...bc we need those to live. So what happens is, the hair on our heads takes the hit for us, but not for long, just until the body learns to redistribute the nutrients. I guess I'm ok w his explanation, I just don't wanna b bald. Has any1 read if any male patients have this problem:/ ? Gla. Dee Dee

I agree! I told my doc about people sayn their hair is falling out' date=' he said Biotin DOES NOT Work! He said its inevitable bc of the extreme weightloss, the body has to make a choice concerning where the nutrients must go...and usually the choice are our vital organs, lungs, heart, kidneys nd so forth...bc we need those to live. So what happens is, the hair on our heads takes the hit for us, but not for long, just until the body learns to redistribute the nutrients. I guess I'm ok w his explanation, I just don't wanna b bald. Has any1 read if any male patients have this problem:/ ? Gla. Dee Dee[/quote']

It doesn't STOP the falling out but it does help speed up the regrowth and makes the regrowth grow like crazy. Makes it shiny and helps your nails to grow also.

Get MSM Vitamins my Hair loss was so bad I had like 4-5 bald spots in my head and one week of MSM and it stopped for me Biotin didn't work at all for me

Get MSM Vitamins my hair loss was so bad I had like 4-5 bald spots in my head and one week of MSM and it stopped for me Biotin didn't work at all for me

Online or Vitamin store? Thx

Biotin 5,000 It might be in my head but working so far. Don't wash ur hair every day, wash every other day. Again might b in my head but I lost so much hair with my lap band surgery X's 3, due to problems, that I tried this. It seems to help and not loosing the lovely locks. Good luck

And don't forget to get your healthy fats like Olive Oil. I've seen so many people lose hair on other diets too by not getting in those healthy fats ;)

When I finally get my hair to my waist, it starts falling out. Arg.

Im taking 10,000 mcg of Biotin, it is still falling out but. Biotin is supposed to help the regrowth, not stop the actual falling. There is nothing much to do about the falling out, because the strands that are supposed to fall out will do so regardless of anything you take. What really helps is not stressing out about it. Stress contributes A LOT to Hair loss. I know I will not go bald, and I will not cut it off. I know it will stop eventually for all of us!!

I'm really struggling with this too. I have lost about half my hair thickness. I just purchased the nioxin hair system at ulta for thin hair. I have also stopped using any heat on it and bought a more gentle brush. Hope these changes will help.

Good luck

Online or Vitamin store? Thx

I get mine from Trader Joe's

Mine was falling out but it seems to be slowing down. I average about 80 g Protein a day. I haven't taken the supplements listed above but if it helps it's worth a shot!

The pre and post ops diets generally don't contain enough fat which is why your hair falls out. Fish Oil, 2500 mg a day keeps my hair in place. Plus Biotin and Revita Shampoo and conditioner. If you can't take the BIG fish oil capsules, go for Coromega gel packs. Avail at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Walgreens.