Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Sleevers, Sound Off!

Hey fellow December Sleevers! Lets share some successes (as I'm not feeling terribly successful, but I sure do feel better than I did) and best practices!

Sleeved dec17.

I would have to say my success so far has been not eating, thinking or even look at rice, Pasta soda and anything carbonated since being sleeved.

Non success for me would be maintaining the same weight for the past 2 months. :-( YEP! Ive lost nothing in the past two months. Im sooo frustrated at that being that i still have a good 50pounds to goal weight. I really hate to think My weight loss stopped just after 4 months of surgery. My tool is just fine. I still eat small amounts as the first 4 months but it just isnt coming off in scale numbers or body inches.

Weghtloss stalls are aweful! I'm sorry to hear that yours has lasted such a trying period of time! It does, however, sound like you've been successful otherwise?

I've been a slow, but steady loser. Which is both nice and frustrating. I had a stall that lasted about 3 or 4 weeks, but otherwise I've lost at least a pound each week. I have to admit to eating a little of everything. I try to avoid salty Snacks (only because they've been my down fall in the past) as well as candy (for the most part). I'm just now introducing carbonated beverages. I always drink diet (so I'm not wasting calories on a beverage) and honestly don't drink them often.

I've been exercising quite a bit, which I think ia helping..

Truthfully, its become a lifestyle and sone days are better than others :-)

Sleeved dec17.

I would have to say my success so far has been not eating' date=' thinking or even look at rice, Pasta soda and anything carbonated since being sleeved.

Non success for me would be maintaining the same weight for the past 2 months. :-( YEP! Ive lost nothing in the past two months. Im sooo frustrated at that being that i still have a good 50pounds to goal weight. I really hate to think My weight loss stopped just after 4 months of surgery. My tool is just fine. I still eat small amounts as the first 4 months but it just isnt coming off in scale numbers or body inches.[/quote']

I too have been at a huge stall. Has my body changed? Yes. Has my clothing size changed? Yes. Has the scale moved? Yes...up and down the same 3-5 lbs for 2ish months and I'm getting so very discouraged and frustrated! I could be considered a lightweight....I had just over 100 lbs. I have about 40 more lbs to goal...and I feel so stuck.

Need motivation and encouragement....:'-(

Sleeved 12/5. Down 56-60 lbs depending on the day...grrr face

Pics attached however.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

post-43359-13813667307643_thumb.jpg

post-43359-13813667308619_thumb.jpg

post-43359-13813667309571_thumb.jpg

SimpleJax - you look great!!!! WTG!!!!

I am amidst the dreaded stall as well :( I was sleeved on 12/27/12 and have lost 73-76 lbs depending on the day. However, I am in a much better place than I ever was pre-surgery. I am off all my meds- great success! I was a diet coke addict, now only drink Water - exceptionally will have a diet soda with water in it. I know what I need to stop- I snack and graze a lot! And it's the wrong things- popcorn, peanuts, Protein Bars. I recognize what i am doing (success!)- now to put the fix in motion. I am determined to be down 40 before my cruise Sept 30.

SimpleJax - you look great!!!! WTG!!!!

I am amidst the dreaded stall as well :( I was sleeved on 12/27/12 and have lost 73-76 lbs depending on the day. However' date=' I am in a much better place than I ever was pre-surgery. I am off all my meds- great success! I was a diet coke addict, now only drink Water - exceptionally will have a diet soda with water in it. I know what I need to stop- I snack and graze a lot! And it's the wrong things- popcorn, peanuts, Protein bars. I recognize what i am doing (success!)- now to put the fix in motion. I am determined to be down 40 before my cruise Sept 30.[/quote']

Thank you! I have to keep the comparison pics to keep me in check on my progress, and think of the positive things that have happened:

No more CPAP

No more pre diabetes

No more high blood pressure

Now able to just have a Multivitamin and have normal bloodwork. (Docs orders)

No more heartburn or need for PPI daily.

Size 20-22 to size 12-14

No longer the biggest woman in the room

I eat normal portion sizes.

I too snack a lot. I have tried to go back to protein and veggies only but low carbs (50 or less) makes my body and mind do some crazy things (even pre surgery).

I guess I just want the scale to show the progress too! :selfish: :angry:

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I think it's totally normal to want the scale to move! It's a natural way to measure success. I'm a scale jumper myself. I need to NOT get on every day or two.. *sigh*

You look incredible, BTW!

And 75 pounds?! Wow!!!

I graze as well... I seem to keep myself in check at work, as there's not as much time to graze.. but being home is the worst! I do treat myself to a 100 calorie bag of popcorn every day or two. And I fall off the proverbial wagon on the regular. But, I get back up again... I keep going!

I'm down 80 - 82 pounds. I've gone from a size 28 to an 18 (almost 16). I feel great!!!! But, the slowed weightloss hurts my ego and therefore my progress :'( I need to watch the grazing... make better choices when I'm out... and NOT run to the gas station during work for snacks! Old habits die hard...