Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was a hard day for me....I had an ultrasound, and an hour later my gastro called me because I have gallstones (that's why my abdominal pain)...and when I came back to home, I received a letter from my pcp telling me that the results of my last week labs are abnormal, liver enzymes elevated and sodium low..., so I need to repeat the tests the next week...then, my surgeon didn't received my barium swallow test results...

I don't know what is wrong with me..., I don't know who are supposed to do my gallbladder surgery? My gastro, or my surgeon will do both at the same time??? Any advise I will appreciate :(

Liver enzymes are probably from the gallstones. Chances are high you'll have it removed at same time as surgery.

Liver enzymes are probably from the gallstones. Chances are high you'll have it removed at same time as surgery.

I hope that, ty!

I know my surgeon also does gallbladder removals and the surgeon I had switched from before him was going to do both at same time. I had mentioned that to my surgeon, and he said it is best to do both separate, so your body can heal from one before going onto another. I was sleeved 6 months to the day of my gallbladder removal and will tell you that, in my experience, was MUCH more worse than getting sleeved! I think if both were done at the same time, it would be quite rough, healing wise at least. Good luck!

I know my surgeon also does gallbladder removals and the surgeon I had switched from before him was going to do both at same time. I had mentioned that to my surgeon' date=' and he said it is best to do both separate, so your body can heal from one before going onto another. I was sleeved 6 months to the day of my gallbladder removal and will tell you that, in my experience, was MUCH more worse than getting sleeved! I think if both were done at the same time, it would be quite rough, healing wise at least. Good luck![/quote']

Hi! So you wait 6 months between surgeries? Oh gosh....more sad now :(

But ty!!!

Oh no! I didn't have to wait 6 months. I started out with one hospital doing my WLS stuff, but they were dragging their feet in submitting to insurance, when I was trying to figure out what to do, I ended up having gallstones and gallbladder removed 12/17/12, and it just so happened the dr I was referred to also did WLS, so I had to sign release forms for all of my medical records, etc to be transferred from old place to new place, then had to get new blood work and all that good stuff, so to make a long story short, that is why mine was 6 months apart, not because I had to heal for that long! So sorry for the confusion!

Oh no! I didn't have to wait 6 months. I started out with one hospital doing my WLS stuff' date=' but they were dragging their feet in submitting to insurance, when I was trying to figure out what to do, I ended up having gallstones and gallbladder removed 12/17/12, and it just so happened the dr I was referred to also did WLS, so I had to sign release forms for all of my medical records, etc to be transferred from old place to new place, then had to get new blood work and all that good stuff, so to make a long story short, that is why mine was 6 months apart, not because I had to heal for that long! So sorry for the confusion![/quote']

Ohhh got it!! How long takes to heal the gallbladder surgery?

Maybe a month tops. I know I had it done on the 12/17 and had my follow-up sometime in January. So not too long of a wait! :)

I had mine removed at the time of surgery. Sure maybe I had some extra pain but much better to not go through anesthesia and hospital costs and all a second time. I say ask to get them done at the same time UNLESS you have a gallbladder that needs to come out sooner...fever, horrible colicky pain, elevated white blood cells, liver dysfunction, gallbladder showing signs of acute infection. Sounds like you may good old fashioned chronic gallbladder disease that hopefully can be removed electively with the surgery.

Good luck!

I had mine removed at the time of surgery. Sure maybe I had some extra pain but much better to not go through anesthesia and hospital costs and all a second time. I say ask to get them done at the same time UNLESS you have a gallbladder that needs to come out sooner...fever' date=' horrible colicky pain, elevated white blood cells, liver dysfunction, gallbladder showing signs of acute infection. Sounds like you may good old fashioned chronic gallbladder disease that hopefully can be removed electively with the surgery.

Good luck![/quote']

Definitely I will ask to my surgeon, now I just have pain in my belly...ty