Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning Chest and Vomiting.

Hey,

I'm almost at my 4 week post op but just now I was sleeping and all of a sudden I started coughing like I was choking, I then started dry heaving so I go to the bathroom to see if I needed to throw up and this NASTY tasting yellow mucous came up... After spitting it out, my chest started to burn like crazy and would get worse when I coughed. It felt like I had something in my lungs that I was trying to get out. Any idea as to what this is or has anyone else experienced that? Like I said, I was simply just sleeping... It's 3AM now and it's not like I just ate and went to lie down. Ugh. All of this bad stuff is making me regret the surgery :(

I would call my surgeon if I were you. Never had that feeling. Better safe then sorry. I hope you feel better fast!

Yep, call your Doc! Likely BAD heartburn, but better to err on the safe side!

I had similar symptoms last night when I ate too much, too fast. It took about an hour to pass. I had to sit or stand. It did go away though, and I feel fine now. I learned my lesson though about portion size and eating slower.

The yellow stuff coming up is stomach bile. I've thrown up twice post up and every time that's what I was throwing up. I started taking my antacids everyday after the last incident. Not sure why you are feeling the other things but some of it could have just been from side effects of throwing up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches