Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But just wondering does anyone else have problem with having their menstrual period more often than before the surgery? I am on the depo shot n hadn't had my period in about 3 years n this past month or so I've had it 3 times now, n in between it's spotting. So not liking this lol.

Well you are not alone. I have mines twice a month since surgery and I am on birth control pills. I am already Anemic so it just makes me pretty weak. I can fall asleep as I am typing right now at work. But Doctor said it will all pan out in time. He says everyones body reacts differently.

Well before surgery i was getting it every other month. Since surgery it is like clockwork now. I have also noticed that my cramps are SO MUCH WORSE. The first day or 2 I can hardly move. Guess i need to go see the doc.

fuuny you should post this today -- I'm spotting and I just had my period 2 weeks ago. Not cool. If it continues I will get in touch with my gyno and ask her opinion, but it's good to know it's not too unusual

Yes I'm on the Mirena and was going on 2 years with out a period. Since my surgery April 25th I've had a reg period every month and spotting in between. The doctor says its normal for the first year because of the rapid weight loss our hormones will be thrown off. Hate it!!!

Yes I'm on the Mirena and was going on 2 years with out a period. Since my surgery April 25th I've had a reg period every month and spotting in between. The doctor says its normal for the first year because of the rapid weight loss our hormones will be thrown off. Hate it!!!

Oh wow I wasn't expecting that I thought I was safe with my Mirena... But even on my preop diet, aunt flo has come for a visit... Now I know why....

I've got mirena as well....for the first 3 years I had it my period stopped. Then about a year ago I started getting them like every 21 days! I guess cuz it's getting time to switch to a new one? I had one "real" period since surgery, and it came at a more reasonable 26 days. Then a spot today. Geez. I'm hoping that when I get a new one after the first of this year I can go back to being period free.

OH and misslucy you are SO right! All things considered, I'd rather be getting my period then NOT getting my period right now!!! I practically had to hold my right hand up & swear an oath not to get pregnant within 18 months.

It's the blood thinners I think. I had a UFE three years ago and was not having a period. Last year I had my thyroid removed and for the two days in the hospital I received Helprin shots in my stomach. The day I was discharges my cycle started. I was soooooo pissed.

Trying to get my mind right as well as have supplies ready for after surgery. I just want menopause to be completed lol

Have you ever had any thyroid issues- thyroid can cause a change in bleeding-

Just a thought from a lab girl!!

When you lose fat is releases estrogen which could've causing now periods (I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere or else I just completely pulled it out of my you know where) lol

Funny, I hadn't had a period in over a year and a half and just started last week, after surgery. Thought I was bleeding from the surgery, until one of the nurses said could you be getting your period? And of course, that what reared it's head, and I too am on a low dose BCP to help with bleeding, which was working beautifully before surgery. But anytime your body goes through some trauma, and surgery is trauma, then this can happen. I am with you on this one sister... Fun!!!

Have you ever had any thyroid issues- thyroid can cause a change in bleeding-

Just a thought from a lab girl!!

No never had any issues with my thyroid. Hopefully it won't start lol