Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm confused when people talk about gaining weight back after being sleeved. How can you gain weight when you can only physically eat 1/2 cup or less of food at a meal? Do some eat only high calorie foods and eat every hour or so? I've only been sleeved 3 weeks, but it seems to me that you'd have to work hard to gain all your weight back ( or even part of it). Am I being naive?

I'm confused when people talk about gaining weight back after being sleeved. How can you gain weight when you can only physically eat 1/2 cup or less of food at a meal? Do some eat only high calorie foods and eat every hour or so? I've only been sleeved 3 weeks, but it seems to me that you'd have to work hard to gain all your weight back ( or even part of it). Am I being naive?

I can't eat more than a 1/2 cup at 10 weeks and my goal is to stay that way but even in my papers it says eventually I will be able to consume up to 8 oz. Still, it's not nearly as much as I could before. I'm taking a guess that it's high calorie overeating or always snacking.

Thanks to everyone who has commented. I had a conversion and I live the sleeve. I showed her all of your comments.

You should do a search on here. Some people--no, a LOT of people have told their band horror stories. And I mean HORROR stories. All of them had it, or will have it, removed and revised to a sleeve.

My conversion took over three hours because of the scar tissue and a hernia.

My conversion took over three hours because of the scar tissue and a hernia.

I'm confused when people talk about gaining weight back after being sleeved. How can you gain weight when you can only physically eat 1/2 cup or less of food at a meal? Do some eat only high calorie foods and eat every hour or so? I've only been sleeved 3 weeks' date=' but it seems to me that you'd have to work hard to gain all your weight back ( or even part of it). Am I being naive?[/quote']

Yes you can gain weight back! In your early stage it is easy not to consume a lot, when you are all healed, watch out you can eat way lot more. In my case I can eat whatever I want so I have to be mindful of what I am eating. Yes you are naive to think that way! :P

Yes, my preop surgeons visit, I asked that question of weight gain w the sleeve bc I'd seen a lady who had gbs n gained it all bck n then some...he said yes, w any1 of the surgeries mentioned, u can gain it all nd more bck IF U CHOOSE to make the SAME BAD CHOICES AS PREOP, the surgeries are all tools, aides, to help us succeed, NOT MAKE US SUCCEED, it is still going to b up to the patient to make the tool work w u, not for you:) hope that helps nd makes sense to u. If u think its going to stop you from making bad choices, u shud rethink ur decision, the only thing that can do that is wiring ur mouth shut, then ud prolly die:/ start learning all u need to know about how to use the new tool, sleeve, prior to getting it. I mean, u can't know how to build a house just bc som1 handed u a hammer, it won't build itself, right? And u can't build a better more healthier you wo knowing how to work w ur sleeve. So gl to us all:))

When I went into my doctor for the first consult she said that she talks every one of her patient who want the band into getting the sleeve. She said if she never does a band again, she will be happy. She said it has a higher regain weight percentage.

My doctor talks people out of lapband most the time. When I went to my dr for the first time

I went in about the sleeve. My dr said a lot of people have complications with reactions, slippages, and not losing a lot of weight. My doctor said with the sleeve you have to work VERY hard to gain it back and stretch your stomach back out. When you get the sleeve or band you need to change your diet point blank. So no matter what your friend got she should be eating well and working out and shouldn't have to worry about it.

My opinion don't do the band. Everyone I know with the band only lost like 50 lbs max.

I have three neighbors with LapBands and two have had complications and have gained back most if not all plus more of their weight loss. One took the Fluid out to get married and did not go back for a year. He had now gained back 95 of his 110lbs lost. Both are looking for approval for the sleeve after gaining back a significant amount of weight back. My surgeon tries to discourage anyone from getting the sleeve. He is taking out more than he puts in. He puts In 8 sleeves for every 1 LapBand.

My surgeon said that this last year, at least half of his surgeries were lap band to RnY revisions. I never asked for it and he definitely didn't recommend it.

My craving for sugar is all gone since the sleeve. I feel it will be so easy to keep the weight off due to that fact. Before the sleeve I always started my day with something sweet for Breakfast, today I can´t do that. So for me, having the tool to avoid sugar will do half the job. Anyone loose their sweet toth?

My craving for sugar is all gone since the sleeve. I feel it will be so easy to keep the weight off due to that fact. Before the sleeve I always started my day with something sweet for breakfast, today I can´t do that. So for me, having the tool to avoid sugar will do half the job. Anyone loose their sweet toth?

Oh how I hope this happens to me after surgery next week! My personal caption could be "Body by sugar (or high fructose corn syrup)".