Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay guys I'm 5 months post op & 63 lbs down. Lately though I noticing that I can eat a lot more & I'm hungrier than I use to be. Is this normal or have I stretched my sleeve out? The last month I've only lost 1 to 2 lbs per week. I'm starting to become very worried about blowing this great blessing. It's just hard to get past the mental sabotaging.

This is when it slowed down for me also. But in my case I started eating a lot more. I am having a hard time getting back on track. Thank god I have not gained any yet. Just a matter of getting back to basics. I only lost 6 lbs in the past 2 months, I am 7 months out.

I have anxiety. Sometimes I'll wake up at night & think I blew it. I had one chance for this to work & I stretched it out. Am I crazy or does everyone go through this?

I have anxiety. Sometimes I'll wake up at night & think I blew it. I had one chance for this to work & I stretched it out. Am I crazy or does everyone go through this?

I totally get it! I worry too! I will be 4 mo tomorrow and I hear others at double that say they can't finish an egg or a sausage etc-- I'm like- I can do both together!!

I think it's natural and we are not supposed to be able to stretch out our sleeve..

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm jealous! I can't seem to eat anything! I just turned 5 months today.

Even though 2 pounds does not sound like much after what you have done, it is a good weight loss. If you are losing it is okay, heck even if you hold for a while. Don't worry. You are not done yet.

Thank you. I just don't want to blow this. I'm getting in the habit of grazing, I have to get back to the basics & remember why I had the surgery.

It is normal....and it is also about the time that your weight loss starts slowing down. Remember it didn't come on overnight, it won't go away that way either. It took me a year and 8 months to get to goal. Just stay positive...and start measuring yourself instead of weighing! :) good luck!

Just remember... Just as before, you can shrink your stomach back down by cutting back and eating less.

Loveme2013 you're so right I've been soo bad. This is a blessing and I must stick to basics but my problem is I'm having severe leg and back pain hard to excercise, so I get frustrated. This is our only chance, but 53 pounds you are doing great. Keep it up I will try to follow in your lead ! I am Al's 5'8 I have money for new boobs and arms lol but if I don't stop thinking I can eat everything it will sit there. I know I can do better. The excuses stop right now!

Okay guys I'm 5 months post op & 63 lbs down. Lately though I noticing that I can eat a lot more & I'm hungrier than I use to be. Is this normal or have I stretched my sleeve out? The last month I've only lost 1 to 2 lbs per week. I'm starting to become very worried about blowing this great blessing. It's just hard to get past the mental sabotaging.

this is exactly what happened to me. I recommend doing the 5 day pouch test since your so far out already. I started it sunday and was 192.5.. stepped on the scale yesterday evening and was 188.5... stepped on the scale this morning and was 186. I definitely think things are rebooting themselves. Especially with this new found hunger i have.

Hey gals...something to make you feel better...you can NEVER stretch your sleeve. The part of your stomach that was removed was the stretchy part. Do some research and ask your doc. You may eat more than usual but you will never overeat again. There is also another post on here with some links to articles. This is another reason why you see people with the bypass gain it all back but not one with VSG. So yay us! Don't worry!

Hey gals...something to make you feel better...you can NEVER stretch your sleeve. The part of your stomach that was removed was the stretchy part. Do some research and ask your doc. You may eat more than usual but you will never overeat again. There is also another post on here with some links to articles. This is another reason why you see people with the bypass gain it all back but not one with VSG. So yay us! Don't worry!

thats great but not what my doctor said. I hope you are right though!

this is exactly what happened to me. I recommend doing the 5 day pouch test since your so far out already. I started it sunday and was 192.5.. stepped on the scale yesterday evening and was 188.5... stepped on the scale this morning and was 186. I definitely think things are rebooting themselves. Especially with this new found hunger i have.

What is the pouch test?