Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

awwwh im sorry to hear .. i as well had syrgery on 8/14 and i swear all wed & thurs i thought i was literally gonna die!!! i was sooo sick to my stomach could not keep down liquids and kept vomiting lg amouts of dark red blood... and the heaving was aweful i felt like my head was gonna explode ... and the gas pain OMGGGGG! and i even had a panic attack... now with all that being said today is MUCH better i still have an issue getting the pain pills down they seem to get "stuck".. please try to walk as much as u can it does help& sip sip sip im not focusing of Protein now as much as just saying hydrated

Yikes! Throwing up large amounts of blood?? Just when I think I've got my head in a good place about this thing, some poor soul such as yourself pipes up to remind us that recovery can be pretty dramatic. So glad to hear you're doing better! :)

Has anyone else stopped pain meds early after surgery? I haven't had any since day of surgery. Should I be worried? I was never in much pain, just nauseated. But, that subsided too.

Hi Cee,

Yeah, I stopped the pain meds after Tuesday and used Tylenol for a couple of days. No pain meds now. My nausea is much better, too.

Having a hard time sleeping using the washroom an keeping down my meds an Water surgery date was 8/15/13

It will get better, hang in there.

Having a hard time sleeping using the washroom an keeping down my meds an Water surgery date was 8/15/13

I was sleeved on 8/15 at 8:00am. As soon as I woke up from surgery I was in pain. It was by far the worst pain I've ever had from the gas. I had the horrible pain for about 14 hours. I could drink anything until the next day at 2pm. I git no sleep in the hospital. I am out and at the hotel until I fly home tomorrow. I feel great today. Ate some yummy broth and did some shopping in Tijuana. Feeling pretty good. It's a rough start but gets so much better.

Yikes! Throwing up large amounts of blood?? Just when I think I've got my head in a good place about this thing' date=' some poor soul such as yourself pipes up to remind us that recovery can be pretty dramatic. So glad to hear you're doing better! :)[/quote']

awwwwh im sorry kim dnt mean to totally scare ya or gross u out ... but the positive part of that message was that its "normal" and as long as its drk in color ...once u bring it up "most people" feel so much better... no i did not but hey thats what dr told me

August 27, so excited and nervous!

Anyone scheduled for 27th?, need a partner...

Surgery 8/19, 1:45 pm CST !!!!!!!

Congrats, What a Way to start your week, And that's my sons Bday - I just wrapped up my last visit with the NUT, hopeful I will follow behind u in September

Hey all! Sleeved on the 15th and finally feel a little better. As soon as I got my drain and IV out I felt like a brand new person. The first hours after I woke up I was begging for meds or just to die. Now I'm pacing around the hotel room trying to get in liquids although since 6am I've been able to get down about 3 oz. Anyone else have to stand up to drink?

Woop! I'm August 27th' date=' just started my pre-op pure liquid diet and I swear, I'm hittin the bathroom every 2 hours. It's torture but I know it's worth it. I'm already seeing my face, thighs and stomach slim down. The first day was horrible, so much gas D;.[/quote']

Im August 27th as well, started my pre-op diet last Tuesday, (i could hv 5 Protein Shakes, 2 cups vegetables, diet drinks etc... its hard but trying best not to cheat...

Hi! I am new here! Surgery on Aug. 20th. Very excited!!!

Glad you can 'join' us! My surgery is the 19th so I understand your excitement! Best of luck!

Im August 27th as well' date=' started my pre-op diet last Tuesday, (i could hv 5 Protein Shakes, 2 cups vegetables, diet drinks etc... its hard but trying best not to cheat...[/quote']

I'm the 27th too.. Day 6 of pre op diet.. I am soo excited how about you?

I'm the 27th too.. Day 6 of pre op diet.. I am soo excited how about you?

Im excited and worried...

I wanna see myself after surgery already.