Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just gonna go ahead and put this out there.....

I just took my 'before' photos and HOOOOLY CR AP! If I weren't going into surgery in 3 days I'm pretty sure I would have smashed the camera (which is very expensive) and used the strap to hang myself from the nearest light fixture. Then again, I doubt the light fixture would hold me! Wow, wow, wow. If I wasn't sure before, I AM NOW! No wonder I have avoided the camera for the last few years! (funny thing is my fiance and I are both photographers) It's a lot easier being on the back side of the camera. Which is exactly where I will stay until I loose at least 50 lbs. Goodness sakes. SMH.

You will be grateful you did it. I was too ashamed to take pics before I lost the weight. I have a few pics here and there but no real/true comparison. It will really come in handy in a couple months when you post your before and after pics. So wish I had done it.

I just took my 'before' photos and HOOOOLY CR AP! If I weren't going into surgery in 3 days I'm pretty sure I would have smashed the camera (which is very expensive) and used the strap to hang myself from the nearest light fixture. Then again, I doubt the light fixture would hold me! Wow, wow, wow. If I wasn't sure before, I AM NOW! No wonder I have avoided the camera for the last few years! (funny thing is my fiance and I are both photographers) It's a lot easier being on the back side of the camera. Which is exactly where I will stay until I loose at least 50 lbs. Goodness sakes. SMH.

Who's doing your sleeve? I wish you well; I know you're super excited about having the sleeve. Good Luck with your weight loss journey.

Oh, you really will be grateful for that photo later. The only 'big' pictures I have that really show the difference are shots I wasn't aware were being snapped. I avoided the camera like the plague, took face only shots or hid behind other people in most pictures. So my before/after comparison shots are kinda crummy. I don't think it's easy to see just how big I really was.

In any case, don't hide behind the camera until you're happy with your size. Really - I'm very sad that I have hardly any photos with my kids or with my family for a huge ten to fifteen year period of time. Short of professional pictures that we got done every few years, there's very little. So few, in fact, that my kids (5 and a half) ask me why I don't have as many pictures with them as daddy does. Besides, you'll want a step by step of this journey on film. Sometimes it's the only way to get it into your head how far you've come. I would beat myself up and feel like nothing had changed until my husband would show me pictures comparing before surgery and wherever I was at. The mind will play tricks on you but those photos will be hard proof to yourself that you're making progress when you're feeling down, hit a stall or frustrated that you're not losing sizes as quickly as you'd like.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, and wishes for a speedy recovery!

~Cheri

I hardly have any before pics either and wish I did. The scale says I'm down 85 pounds but I don't have a visual of how far I've come. If it means anything, I think you're gorgeous! Good luck with you're surgery!!

That you ladies! Dr. Osuna/Ortiz are doing my surgery on Wednesday. I can't wait! BTW.....is champagne considered a 'clear liquid'? I HATE flying and do MUCH better with a little liquid courage ;-) I will be flying tomorrow. I'm more nervous about that than anything else! :D

I am getting pictures taken next week for my before photos and I am really not looking forward to that. I too would rather be behind the camera than in the picture.

I have a good friend that is a photographer that has agreed to help me document my journey. I am excited about the concept but not ready to do the first set of pictures.

I plan on keeping the jeans from the first set of pictures I take and try them on each time I take new pictures. I am hoping this will help me get my brain on board with the physical changes happening.

I am afraid I will be stuck in "fat girl brain" even when the scale is dropping!

Not That you? THANK you!!

I think most of us felt the same way. I don't have many pictures with my kids when they were little because of my size. I wouldn't go to class reunions because I was bigger than I had been in high school. I sure wish now I had done this years ago. I just got sleeved last week and not feeling to bad. Can't wait to see the changes. Good luck to you and hope you do great.

I think most of us felt the same way. I don't have many pictures with my kids when they were little because of my size. I wouldn't go to class reunions because I was bigger than I had been in high school. I sure wish now I had done this years ago. I just got sleeved last week and not feeling to bad. Can't wait to see the changes. Good luck to you and hope you do great.

Thank you Vicster! The very same to you! How are you feeling?

Remember to get a set of pre op measurements! you will be glad you did. it is so gratifying to see the inches come off (especially during those frustrating times when the scale stops moving).

Thank you! I was going to get a tape measure today and totally forgot! Darn it. I am only 5 days post-op so I'm sure I havent lost any inches so I will be SURE to get one tomorrow! Thank you again for that reminder :rolleyes:

I am 6 days post op and I know I have lost inches since my watch keeps spinning around my wrist. Can I ask how you do the body weight ticker? I am down 17.5 pounds since my pre op appt.

I just took my 'before' photos and HOOOOLY CR AP! If I weren't going into surgery in 3 days I'm pretty sure I would have smashed the camera (which is very expensive) and used the strap to hang myself from the nearest light fixture. Then again' date=' I doubt the light fixture would hold me! Wow, wow, wow. If I wasn't sure before, I AM NOW! No wonder I have avoided the camera for the last few years! (funny thing is my fiance and I are both photographers) It's a lot easier being on the back side of the camera. Which is exactly where I will stay until I loose at least 50 lbs. Goodness sakes. SMH.[/quote']

I can relate! I am a photographer and videographer- cannot stand to be on the other side of the lens. I am looking forward to that changing...

I am 6 days post op and I know I have lost inches since my watch keeps spinning around my wrist. Can I ask how you do the body weight ticker? I am down 17.5 pounds since my pre op appt.

Amazing job!! About the ticker.....scroll up and go to your profile name at the top right of the page. The click on tickers. You can create it there. Don't forget to attach it to your signature :)