Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi gulf coasters?

I was sleeved at Southern Surgical Hospital in Slidell by Dr. Balder. Great experience there! I made a mistake I was sleeved on 8/15/13 and had a hiatal hernia repair. Down 11 pounds now.

I was sleeved at Southern Surgical in Slidell by Dr French. Great experience as well. No hernia repair for me but how you feeling otherwise? My stats are:

SW: 230 6/6/13

CW: 193 8/22/13

5' 3.5"

Hi! I am also having my surgery there in Slidell, with Dr.French.I also am having hiatal hernia repair, at the same time. Sept. 3 is my date. How was the stay there.I was told it is over night. How has your treatment during the whole process gone.?

I had my surgery at Southern Surgical and my experiance was great there

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Southern Surgical in Slidell was great! No complaints. Ask for the strawberry sorbet after surgery. It was great too! I stayed overnight and left about 10am the next day.

He will most definitely keep you over night. I was a little annoyed that my surgery wasn't scheduled until 1:00 with them knowing I was on a clear liquid diet the whole day prior but regardless of the fact that i was STARVING when i got there & a bit cranky the surgery, stay & staff were super wonderful. They were quick to bring pain meds every time I requested them. Unfortunately they will inject you with blood thinners throughout your stay & they sting but that's the only bad thing I could think of. You'll do great!

Yes, stay at Southern Surgical is AWESOME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks this is a lot of help. Was anyone put on a week or2 of liquid diet before surgery.

I am having surgery in ocean springs @ Singing River Hospital with Dr. Avara through South Ms Surgical Weight Loss center. They are awesome!!!!

Thanks this is a lot of help. Was anyone put on a week or2 of liquid diet before surgery.

No, just clear liquid diet 24 hours prior to the surgery.

I was sleeved on July 23, 2013 by Dr. Avara in Ocean Springs, MS. The surgery went great with no complications. I was 309.5 the day of surgery and I am 278 today. I work out 6 days a week and I have been following the diet almost to a tee. I went through about 3 or 4 weeks of a stall but started loosing weight again. My journey has slow but I am ok with that! Hello and best wishes to my fellow Mississippi sleevers!