Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly, who has had zero problems

Just curious, but with all the bad things on here, are there any of you out there who have had no problems of any kind? Zero, nada, zilch. I'm new to this and still ,I suppose tying to make sure I haven't made a mistake? What those who have been sleeved for several years?

I'm almost 6 months out and haven't had a single problem.

It depends what you consider a problem. Waking up from surgery and the first few days were tough but of course manageable. The pre op and post op diet were hard but no one said it'd be easy. Only took one dose of pain killers in the hospital. This isn't an easy task but it also isn't the worst thing in the world. I would say things do get easier every day.

I'm not sure why there are so many regret threads lately but it wasn't the norm a couple months ago when I would read this board.

I had my surgery 3/5/13 and have had NO problems. No nausea, no vomiting it has been GREAT. Cept I have been in a long stall. Waiting for the scale to start moving again. NO REGRETS.

It depends what you consider a problem. Waking up from surgery and the first few days were tough but of course manageable. The pre op and post op diet were hard but no one said it'd be easy. Only took one dose of pain killers in the hospital. This isn't an easy task but it also isn't the worst thing in the world. I would say things do get easier every day.

I'm not sure why there are so many regret threads lately but it wasn't the norm a couple months ago when I would read this board.

I'm with you I don't understand all these regret post her lately. Kinda makes us newbie's a worried. But in the end I have decided I have to do what is right for me. 100 people can have the same surgery and each one of them have a different experience.

I'm almost 2 year out and I have have no complications from my surgery. :) I am a couple lbs to my personal goal and have been for over a year. Yayyy! :)

I consider myself one of the blessed individuals who has had none of the side effects/problems/complications - whatever you want to call them. My surgery was on April 29 and I'm down about 20 lbs. I've been steadily loosing about 2 lbs a week with no stalls as of yet.

The recovery was quite easy except for the 6 hours in recovery following the surgery - gas pains which thank God were gone the very next day. Thankfully I've avoided bouts of nausea or vomiting so as I said I consider myself pretty lucky and truly blessed.

Just curious' date=' but with all the bad things on here, are there any of you out there who have had no problems of any kind? Zero, nada, zilch. I'm new to this and still ,I suppose tying to make sure I haven't made a mistake? What those who have been sleeved for several years?[/quote']

I was sleeved the 11th and have had no problems. No pain, no nausea, no problem getting my Water in and no problem losing already. My surgeon is very pleased, and so am I!

No problems here aside from the usual discomforts after surgery :D

I had surgery February 4, 2013 and have had zero problems other than the post surgical pain for about 2-3 days.

I had some lactose intolerance early on, in the first few weeks after surgery. I also suffer from reflux, though I had this problem pre surgery it has just increased since surgery. I did not have any pain or nausea or anything like that after the surgery. I threw up for the first time at about 5 or 6 weeks out, I can't quite remember now but it was when I moved on to more regular food from the mushy stage. I still throw up but only when I eat something that disagrees with me (deep fried food is a big no no for me) or if I eat too much or eat too quickly.

Overall, at one year out, I think I have had a remarkably easy journey. Given the massive changes this surgery requires, it is not surprising to have adjustments to make and hurdles to overcome.

I started reading this board probably back in March and yes there are quite a few threads that talk about regret. This is one of the things that has caused some doubt among those of us new here. Not doubtful enough not to have surgery, but reassurance is what we are really looking for I guess.

I am 18 months have lost over 150,I had some nausea caused by Vitamins I didn't tolerate well early out, other than that no problems. I have complied with all medical instructions and adhere (gladly)to a very rigid eating plan. It's my observation that the vets who make drastic changes seem to have better long term results, I go to the gym at least 4x per week . Sometimes I want to pack it in and give up, then I realize... There are a lot of a-holes I gotta prove wrong!

ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!!

three months out and not a single problem... i'm 28 years old, had surgery on tuesday and was back at work on Saturday morning. The only problems i've come across is head hunger and thats something that i'll just have to take one day at a time and deal with it.