Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constant Vomiting

Cherg- I don't think I could give you any advise any better than Jahair. I wish you good health in the near future. Please make that your goal.

I just want to thank you all for all the advice and support that you all have shared with me. I go to my surgeon within the next week and I will speak to him about this. I have told him that I vomit but I didn't tell him exactly how much, he did swollening studies on me and they all looked good. I have trouble most of the time making smart food choices I take advantage of the band most of the time, this is stuff I have to work on cause I no this is no way to live especially now that my children have noticed me getting sick all the time they say mommy your skinny now but too bad you throwup all the time. Brakes my heart but I feel like there is no way to stop this or its just too hard to do it. But for the new year I am going to talk to my doctor and get a referral to a thereapist for this wonderful problem I am blessed with, could be worse.

I think too that you have to stop and smell the roses along the way, appreciate and enjoy just how MUCH you have accomplished. There is nothing magical about goal weight - I want to get to mine and its soooo close now but life wont miraculously change overnight when I get there. I'll still have a flabby butt and post breastfeeding boobs and my hair will still be giving me the sh*ts and the house will still be a mess kind of thing.

Most of what you have to Celebrate, you're already achieved so enjoy it and dont kill yourself trying to be perfect!

Hope you're feeling a little clearer and better on the issue now.

Well that was clear and cut dry right to the point but I hear you loud and clear and no what I do appreciate how far I have come so far believe me I am so happy but see I also am so close to where I wanna be.

Thanks and good luck to all

I just want to thank you all for all the advice and support that you all have shared with me. I go to my surgeon within the next week and I will speak to him about this. I have told him that I vomit but I didn't tell him exactly how much, he did swollening studies on me and they all looked good. I have trouble most of the time making smart food choices I take advantage of the band most of the time, this is stuff I have to work on cause I no this is no way to live especially now that my children have noticed me getting sick all the time they say mommy your skinny now but too bad you throwup all the time. Brakes my heart but I feel like there is no way to stop this or its just too hard to do it. But for the new year I am going to talk to my doctor and get a referral to a thereapist for this wonderful problem I am blessed with, could be worse.

:clap2: :clap2: :sleep :whoo: :first: :Banane34: :Banane34: :Banane42:

;);)

:) :bananajump: :bananajump: :Banane10:

Way to go Cherg! Keep us posted please!

Jo Ann

You can do this Cherg, without the vomiting! Think about a healthy you. Get a slight unfill and let your body get healthy.

Each time you vomit, you are closer to losing your band. If you think of it this way, then you may think again.

Take care. Shawn

Not sure if I am replying to the same thread, but I will be going to my second seminar Saturday. This time I am taking my brother...Husband knows.....just thought I'd try to involve the other closer memember of my family. I understand this is going to be a very dramtic change in my life..... I keep going back and forth, should I, or shouldn't I.....I am scared...I have been a junk food junky the last 27 years of my life and I don't like salads and good foods. Do you all think I am still on the right track for doing this? I have had both knees replaced and I fear that if I don't stick to it, that surgery will be for nothing. Any, I mean Any talk will be of help.

Jackie,45 and almost to 300 pounds, esecially after the holidays.

Thanks!

I keep going back and forth, should I, or shouldn't I.....I am scared...I have been a junk food junky the last 27 years of my life and I don't like salads and good foods. Do you all think I am still on the right track for doing this?

Hello Jackie, first let me say it is a very big decision to make. I too went back and forth with the "should I and shouldn't I" questions to myself. Unfortunately, only you can make that decision. Just a few thoughts to share with you. You have to realize that the band is a tool. It will not STOP you from eating the junk you have eaten. You have to make the choice to eat something or not. However, I believe the band will help you eat less of whatever you are used to eating. But ultimately, we ourselves have to make the choices of eating healthy or not. The better you eat, the better your success.

There have been many on this forum alone that has made poor choices, and have not lost weight, some have even gained. One girl made the statement she went into the surgery thinking that her eating would magically change after the band. However, she still wanted the food she ate before, and she continued to eat it. She now weighs more than she did before the band. So, it is very important to go into the surgery, knowing that your eating must change.

I wish you all the best and I certainly feel for the pain you are suffering in your knee. I know that must be frusterating. Just sit down and have an honest look at - are you willing to go the distance? Are you willing to make a commitment to yourself to have a better life? Here is a great article that you might like to read that has some "rules" for bandster eating. I hope this helps you in making your decision. Just know if you decide to have the surgery, you will have great support here. I will be having my surgery in 15 days!

http://www.lapbandlifestyle.com/Pages/LapBandLifestyleRulesroad.shtml

Hello Jackie, first let me say it is a very big decision to make. I too went back and forth with the "should I and shouldn't I" questions to myself. Unfortunately, only you can make that decision. Just a few thoughts to share with you. You have to realize that the band is a tool. It will not STOP you from eating the junk you have eaten. You have to make the choice to eat something or not. However, I believe the band will help you eat less of whatever you are used to eating. But ultimately, we ourselves have to make the choices of eating healthy or not. The better you eat, the better your success.

There have been many on this forum alone that has made poor choices, and have not lost weight, some have even gained. One girl made the statement she went into the surgery thinking that her eating would magically change after the band. However, she still wanted the food she ate before, and she continued to eat it. She now weighs more than she did before the band. So, it is very important to go into the surgery, knowing that your eating must change.

I wish you all the best and I certainly feel for the pain you are suffering in your knee. I know that must be frusterating. Just sit down and have an honest look at - are you willing to go the distance? Are you willing to make a commitment to yourself to have a better life? Here is a great article that you might like to read that has some "rules" for bandster eating. I hope this helps you in making your decision. Just know if you decide to have the surgery, you will have great support here. I will be having my surgery in 15 days!

http://www.lapbandlifestyle.com/Pages/LapBandLifestyleRulesroad.shtml

Tonya,

I just read that excellent article you recommended. It was really well done! I've bookmarked so I can share with others as needed. I had also never heard of this group, but now I'm interested in learning more about the organization. It is so exciting to learn new things!

Thanks,

Jo Ann

I'm glad you are going to talk to your surgeon about the issue. I think you shouldn't hesitate to seek some kind of therapy as well. It's really helpful when you can find a counselor that is right for you. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I have not seen a march but you can always started :)

I have never vomited thank god and knock on wood . MY advise to the others is just keep focus you be ok .. your on a journey to a better you and just keep that in mind .. :)

Thanks all but does anyone else get sick daily??

I DO!

I it as well. I know I can control it because when I dine out for business I concsciencly avoid foods that I will throw up and eat MUCH SLOWER. Its a psychological thing...no doubt about it. I am programmed to be an overeater and a fast eater. I do not want to deal with therapy right now. I also sometimes sabotage my weight lose by eating Hagen Dazs.

1. You are risking slippage or worse with this vomitting.

2. Your coworkers are right; you will get so used to vomitting that you won't be able to eat normally.

3. You need therapy NOW. Don't wait until you lose more weight.

4. Your behavior will lead to gaining all the weight back when you get an unfill. The band is meant to be used at a moderate fill level consistently. It's NOT meant to be unfilled once goal is reached.