Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is your water tasting now?

Well, I am glad that I am not the only one that still flavors their Water. I don't love the artificial sweeteners, but I have not found a good substitute yet, so I am just going to stick to it. It helps me keep my fluids up and helps curb my hunger.

I am in the flavor Water camp also. While my sleeve is comfortable with plain water, it seems harder to drink plain water. Not sure if it is the taste or if it is something more technical like the water is still "hard." I go through a lot of flavor from week to week and I wish I could just drink plain water. Maybe it will get easier in the future. I am a year post op. For now, I am going to stick with flavoring so I can drink enough to prevent dehydration, kidney stones, etc. Anyone have ideas on how to make drinking plain water easier and more enjoyable?

The only way I can really enjoy plain Water now is if it's ice cold. I keep a pitcher in the fridge and I add ice to it, too. Otherwise I have to use the fruit infuser pitcher or get out some True Lemon or other flavoring.

~Cheri

From what I am reading here. it is common for us to have to use artificial sweeteners to help get our Water in, or should I say use something to flavor our water. Getting my water in is getting a little easier for me, but it is still a struggle most of the time. It has to be a conscious effort on my part. I also can't distinguish if I'm hungry or thristy so I have found myself eating when thirsty. :( Anyways, this is still a challenge for me. :P

I just wanted to update on a good Water enhancement brand that is a little less expensive then my other favorite Water Enhancer, Desani drop bottles..

The Dasani drop bottles have been about the only Water Enhancer I can stand for long periods of time, day after day, week after week and month after month. However, they cost 4 dollars a bottle and it is easy to use one up in a day or two of drinking Water all day.

I have been drinking SF Hawaiian punch for the last few days and it does not cause any throat irritation after long term use nor does it cost very much. Grape flavor is my favorite. Each box has 8 servings is about 1.25 dollars. I have found a single packet flavors 32 ounces very well.

Just thought I would pass this along to my fellow water drinkers.

I've found that the bottled Water companies put different things in the Water. One brand will bother me, but another won't. I do good with Arrowhead, but it has to be room temp.

My doctor told me tap water is the wrong ph balance for our sleeved stomach.

I hate that most sf drinks have aspertame in them. I refuse to drink that stuff.

My big challenge was giving up fizzy Water, which is my favorite. I also don't have regular access to ice, and I prefer very cold water. Alas. I drink loads of crystal light and mio and just live with the sweeteners. I do like them, but hate that some are so highly colored. Bright red tongue at work? Very professional lol.

My big challenge was giving up fizzy water' date=' which is my favorite. I also don't have regular access to ice, and I prefer very cold Water. Alas. I drink loads of crystal light and mio and just live with the sweeteners. I do like them, but hate that some are so highly colored. Bright red tongue at work? Very professional lol.[/quote']

Swizzle, you will find this funny. I went for 3 year follow up and bloodwork all normal but Vit D a little low and B12 HIGH ! Avg range up to 700. Mine 1200! Couldn't for the life of me figure out until I took out my crystal light to fix my Water. I use Energy! Which has the B Vitamins in it! Lol. And I drink a LOT!!

Hey, maybe I should buy some of that, then, because I'm still barely hitting my levels doing monthly B12 injections!

Thanks for the suggestion on the SF Hawaiian Punch - I might try that and see what happens.

I, too, find that the hunger/thirst thing is complicated. Now I usually grab a drink before going for food because most of the time that satisfies me.

~Cheri

All the food colorings bother me too...what are we, 5 years old. I can live without it.

I live in Canada, so I don't have access to half the things you have in the US. I did find Nestle Nesfruta recently in the the stores, and I like the raspberry flavor. The nice thing about the sweetened drinks is that they do curb my cravings....sometimes!

Water lost it's appeal for me after surgery, too. I try all the time to drink it plain, but usually end up flavoring it with Crystal light drops, or the Kroger brand. I usually make it pretty weak, since I don't really want it that sweet. I also buy Hint water, or MetroMint water. They are both on the expensive side, (about $1.30/bottle) but it's a nice treat. I really like the chocolate mint water. It's not sweet or carbonated. I used to love plain water. Like many others have said, I also have a hard time figuring out hunger/thirst lately. I suspect it's usually thirst, but I always think hunger. Old habits die hard!

I've gone off Water big- time since surgery. It has to be flavored for me to drink otherwise I'm nauseated. The least offensive chemical-free version for me is Water that has steeped overnight with cucumber, mint leaves, lemongrass and lime. I don't do this a lot (I admit to too many diet cordials!) but it is very refreshing when I do.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I have been a big time Water flavored since surgery for several reasons. Mostly, plain room temp Water is too "hard" it does not settle right even now at 1 year. My tap water is actually pretty good as far as purity is concerned. I have a little home measurement device that gives me the readings. I do not have access to ice water for the amount of water I drink daily. Seriously, I drink like a race horse - 1-1.5 gallons daily. Even more then my dog which I thought was a champion water drinker. :)

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when drinking some fruit infused water on a garden tour with my wife. The water had sliced oranges, lime and cucumber. It was really refreshing and tasty. I now have to get in a habit of flavoring my water this way because it will save so much money over buying water enhancers every week. I know others have already mentioned this to me a while back, but I finally tried it and love the taste. Question remains if there are any calories from drinking water flavored this way and how long does it take for infusion to do its magic? I like a good amount of flavor and not just a hint.

I have been a big time Water flavored since surgery for several reasons. Mostly' date=' plain room temp Water is too "hard" hard it does not settle right even now at 1 year. Mt tap water is actually pretty good as far as purity is concerned. i have a little home measurement device that gives me the readings. I do not have access to ice water for the amount of water I drink daily. Seriously, I drink like a race horse - 1-1.5 gallons daily. Even more hen my dog which I thought was a champion water drinker. :)

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when drinking some fruit infused water on a garden tour with my wife. The water had sliced oranges, lime and cucumber. It was really refreshing and tasty. I now have to get in a habit of flavoring my water this way because it will save so much money over buying water enhancers every week. I know others have already mentioned this to me a while back, but I finally tried it and love the taste. Question remains if there are any calories from drinking water flavored this way and how long does it take for infusion to do its magic? I like a good amount of flavor and not just a hint.[/quote']

I squeeze half a lime into half a gallon of water. I'd love to find the True Lime but its hard to find things like that in Australia and actual limes are cheap in winter (now).

I've gone off Water big- time since surgery. It has to be flavored for me to drink otherwise I'm nauseated. The least offensive chemical-free version for me is Water that has steeped overnight with cucumber' date=' mint leaves, lemongrass and lime. I don't do this a lot (I admit to too many diet cordials!) but it is very refreshing when I do.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Same thing for me