Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just finished my second week since surgery. I have been on the pureed stage this week and start soft foods tomoorrow. Yippee! I decided to weigh myself only once a week so I can see results. At my 1 week follow-up Dr. appt., I had lost 9 pounds since surgery day (plus about 10 lbs. surgery Water and air weight). Today I was so excited to weigh after my 2nd week and was so disappointed to have lost 0! Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I am following the recommended pureed diet, with 1/4 c meals and one Protein Drink a day. Cottage cheese and applesauce for Breakfast, Protein drink mid-morning, pureed Soup for lunch, greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop Protein Powder mid-afternoon, and chicken protein broth with chicken breast pureed and poured over spoon of mashed potatoes. I also noticed my calcium chews have 20 calories each and I've been eating 3 of them a day, so will be looking for different ones. Am I eating too much? Or is this lag just catching up after losing 9 (19 with water/air loss) the week before? Thanks for any feedback.

Your body has just endured an extremely traumatic event. Give yourself time to heal before you worry about stalls. Just keep doing what your doing and the weight will come off...do you measure yourself? I would suggest taking a break from the scale and using a tape measure instead. Sometimes the scale can be deceiving...and you might be losing inches. Better yet, just throw the damn scale away and free yourself from that worry for awhile...the weight will still come off even if you aren't weighing every week.

my 2nd week out I lost ZERO. The weight loss started up again the next week. Just give it some time :)

Thank you both very much! I feel much better!

I see this topic a lot on here. I'm a slow loser too, but I am losing. Right now everything is swollen, freaking out, having a WTH party inside of you. I brought up my slow progress to my surgeon and he said, "You worry too much about the numbers...but if you want to play the numbers game..if you lost 10 pounds a month, thats ONE HUNDRED pounds in less than a year..." then he looked at me and said, "If you didn't have the surgery...Think you'd have lost half that in a year?" I think mentally it's our own mind messing with us, eating the way we do now you'd think we'd lose 20 pounds a day lol....but...hang in there =) Sounds like you are doing fantasic...

I am a little over 3 weeks out and the first week I lost 9 pounds, the second week I lost ZERO, and the third week I lost 4. I think it is pretty normal and our bodies are just adjusting. You will lose weight again, I promise! :)

It's all part of our body adapting to a long term weight loss situation - for a week or two our bodies will just burn off its short term reserves of glycogen (basically stored carbs) but when it gets the idea that you are serious about shorting it of its normal supply of calories, then it has to go to the bank to start tapping that big fat account that we have saved up - which can take some time.

Here is a great article explaining the physiology of whats happening now -

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Good luck, and many happy pounds lost in the future!

I actually stalled in week two also... and it was two more weeks before I saw a loss... but I'm down 58 lbs total now... so don't worry another minute it will come off!

Thank you all! I love this website. :)

Body shock, it happens, I didn't lose for almost two weeks out of my first month because of it, on the plus side I didn't stall at 3 months, the more stable you are the better.

I just finished my second week since surgery. I have been on the pureed stage this week and start soft foods tomoorrow. Yippee! I decided to weigh myself only once a week so I can see results. At my 1 week follow-up Dr. appt.' date=' I had lost 9 pounds since surgery day (plus about 10 lbs. surgery Water and air weight). Today I was so excited to weigh after my 2nd week and was so disappointed to have lost 0! Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I am following the recommended pureed diet, with 1/4 c meals and one Protein drink a day. Cottage cheese and applesauce for breakfast, protein drink mid-morning, pureed Soup for lunch, greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein powder mid-afternoon, and chicken protein broth with chicken breast pureed and poured over spoon of mashed potatoes. I also noticed my calcium chews have 20 calories each and I've been eating 3 of them a day, so will be looking for different ones. Am I eating too much? Or is this lag just catching up after losing 9 (19 with water/air loss) the week before? Thanks for any feedback.[/quote']

Im so glad I saw this because im 2 weeks out today an had a great start but havent lost a single pound in 4 days, my husband says dont worry about the weight right now but I feel its easier for him to say cause hes 92 lbs down in 3 months from his surgery. I was thinking how could I not be losing an im barely taking in calories but I do get my protein in daily.... After reading all of these comments I wont worry.... Thanks guys!!!