Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I doing to myself?

Please do not be hard on yourself. After I all, we gained alot of weight because we LOVE food not hate it, right? I remember sitting in the doctor office 2 days after I had my lap band in place and I could over hear another patient saying she was post op Day 1 and ate a porterhouse steak and still was hungry! I couldn't even keep down Water. Everyone is different- and remember your stomach was operated on- not your brain, it still thinks the same way. I say post some pics of yourself that you REALLY REALLY hate on the fridge, on the pantry, in your wallet- anywhere you have food or may be tempted to eat- and look at it, really look at it. And please continue to come here where you are safe and in the same boat with all of us to support you. After all, who really wants to vent or whine to a naturally skinny person???? I'm here for you....message me anytime. My lap band removal and sleeve revision is next Friday. I know I will need the support too.

Hugs!

We fall but we get back up again..dust yourself off, dry your tears, and just know tomorrow you won't make the same mistake because you are stronger than that. Next pinpoint what was your trigger that made you feel like you had to have the nuggets and potatoes. Then find something to replace that with maybe a walk, a good book, music, etc. Don't let this one slip determine your future. Be blessed

ok im out of surgery 2 days i cant even think of food how did you do that?? I hope your ok, stick to your plan you will be fine.

I also did the same thing. I started everything earlier than my doctor would've wanted me to. I felt hungry all the time. Your stomach is swollen and numb right now so you won't feel the restriction yet. I started taking Pepcid twice a day and it helped. I didn't't cook for 2 weeks because I couldn't handle the smell of the food, I wanted to eat it. Just try and keep yourself away from trigger food (favorites). I'm 9 weeks out and feel like a totally normal person again. First couple of weeks sucked but it will get better. Promise!

You've already done it, so no reason to cry about it now, just hope everything is okay, and focus on tomorrow and now, not yesterday.

I'm struggling too! I'm 11 days out, still have 3 more days on Clear Liquids before I move to a full month of full liquid. I really just want something to chew. I started eating ice, the crunching helped me. I have to get over my addiction to food some how!!!!

I'm struggling too! I'm 11 days out' date=' still have 3 more days on clear liquids before I move to a full month of full liquid. I really just want something to chew. I started eating ice, the crunching helped me. I have to get over my addiction to food some how!!!![/quote']

Wow a month full liquid....sheesh I had a week of clear now monday I start a week of full liquids then 1 to 2 weeks pureed then 1-2 weeks soft foods...but they said ill be be on soft foods longer then that

Here is my schedule:

2 weeks clear liquid

4 weeks full liquid

2 weeks purée

4 months soft food

Then I'm on regular, my surgeon is amazing so I trust his judgement but it is a daunting road ahead of me. I want to be strong and I know it's all in my mind. It's hard when I see posts on here like yours where you are already on full liquids. It will make me a stronger person!

Here is my schedule:

2 weeks clear liquid

4 weeks full liquid

2 weeks purée

4 months soft food

Then I'm on regular' date=' my surgeon is amazing so I trust his judgement but it is a daunting road ahead of me. I want to be strong and I know it's all in my mind. It's hard when I see posts on here like yours where you are already on full liquids. It will make me a stronger person![/quote']

Yea my soft food stage is def longer than 1-2 weeks that was just a guideline my nut said itll be months before I hav3 reg food butbif I can tolerate it than ok I have to ease that stuff in but u will be fine stay strong!!!:)

Im sorry correction my soft food stage is 8 weeks...2months

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches