Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi There,

I am nearly 2months post op and currently trying to get a handle of shopping for food, since my options are bigger than before.It is easy to get overwhelmed in the store; not sure what to get or make out of the food I do buy.

What are some of your shopping list suggestions? I'm a big fan of Trader Joes!

Shopping is still limited. No need in going out and buying a whole lot of food unless you have a family to feed. I am 5 months out and I normally just get a few vegetables chicken breast fish eggs bacon a watermelon or cantalope my Protein Shakes and crystal light. I do not spend anywhere near what I use to spend on food and It is exciting to know I save so much in that area now.

I go thru phases of foods that I eat for a month or so then I switch it up. But I always have the following in my house:

Tilapia filets

tuna

eggs

Turkey meatballs

Low fat cottage cheese

chicken breast

If you like yogurt then buy yogurt (we keep it in the house cause my hubby likes it)

Lean turkey slices

I juice so I always have kale, spinich and frozen fruits

Ground turkey for turkey burgers

Thats pretty much my staples. I add a few things here and there. On Friday I usually pick up 12 wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and they will last me all weekend. If you notice, hardly any carbs and mostly Protein. That alone should be your #1 rule.

For me, some of my go-to stock foods are:

Non-fat greek yogurt (I buy the giant tub and flavor it with splenda and fruit and use it as a substitute for sour cream in dips)

Low-fat string cheese

Low-fat lunch meat

Frozen blueberries

Frozen veggies (easy to just take out a a few bites)

Soy Milk (I'm lactose intolerant now)

Canned Split Pea Soup, Tomato Soup, and Butternut Squash Soup

V-8 in the small cans

For fresh veggies, fruits, and meats I buy the smallest amount I can of most because I just don't go through them that fast. For the meats, I portion it out into baggies and freeze.

Lynda

I get fruits and veggies, some different meats (pork, chicken, ribs, burger, steak), lunch meat and cheese. I'll buy bread and Pasta for the rest of the family. We get milk and eggs delivered. If my husband wants anything else he needs to get it himself.

Talapia, salmon, tuna, chicken, ground turkey, turkey meatballs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, turkey sausage patties, eggs, fruits and veggies! :)