Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did everyone do going back to work? I start back tomorrow which is post-op day 14 for me. I feel fine except for the usual sore spots on my abdomen, but I also work 10 hour shifts, so I am nervous about that. I can always leave early if I need to, but I am going to try to make the entire shift. My biggest concern is the walking around because I do my work 100% at the computer, and the only times I get up during the day are for bathroom and breaks, so walking every hour is not really an option.

You should be fine, I was back to work in a week and survived.

I went back to work after a week and I have a stand up job. Made it just fine

I went back 2 work 10 days after & I am the computer 100% as well, so all I do is take the long way around for bathroom breaks. U will be ok

Today's my first day back, and I struggle with getting the Water in. I am so concentrated on typing and thinking, that I just forget to drink! As for pain management, its not a big deal. I am still a wee bit sore, and this Wednesday will be my 14 days post-op.

I went back to my office job on day 5 after surgery. I also sit most of the day, but made myself get up and walk every hour. If need be, explain to your supervisor that it is important for you after surgery to walk to ward off blood clots.

Good luck! and Congratulations on your surgery!

I went back to work 6 days PO but I have a desk job.

First day back was great! I felt really good, even after 10 hours. The only thing was I ended up unbuttoning my pants when I was sitting after a few hours because the waistband of my pants is right across one of my incisions, but I work in a cubicle so it wasn't a big deal. After work I went grocery shopping and still feel good, not too sore and not too tired :)

Today's my first day back, and I struggle with getting the Water in. I am so concentrated on typing and thinking, that I just forget to drink! As for pain management, its not a big deal. I am still a wee bit sore, and this Wednesday will be my 14 days post-op.

I have a mostly desk job and had a horrible time trying to get liquids in this afternoon! I had two large mugs of weak tea (that's how I like it, plus negligible amount of caffeine that way) but got busy/distracted and went an hour and a half with no Water or Protein. Yeesh ~ I solemnly vow to do better tomorrow!

I am very fortunate that my doctor gave me 6 weeks off work so I had a chance to heal and get used to the new lifestyle before adding the work into the mix. Just a little backache from the computer chair/bad posture...

I was back to work on day 5. I have desk job but kept me feet/calves moving under the desk as much as possible. My incisions did not hurt but had that pain in left side for a while that did not feel great while inside healed. that pain went away in 3 weeks but I was able to work though it.