Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now i have to work out even harder!? Wah!

Lol

I changed my heart rate monitor info to reflect the small amount of weight I've lost since initially setting it maybe three weeks ago.

Now when I work out, I'm burning about 20 calories less/workout so I'm having to do about 25% more to burn what I was burning. Does this seem right? I suppose it could need a new battery.

This makes me really wonder how people woh lower bmi's than myself are burning over 1,000 calories, several days a week. Mind= boggled. I really push myself last the point that I want to quit, so these people must be dragging ass. Right? Where are you guys!? How do you do it!?

Lol

I changed my heart rate monitor info to reflect the small amount of weight I've lost since initially setting it maybe three weeks ago.

Now when I work out, I'm burning about 20 calories less/workout so I'm having to do about 25% more to burn what I was burning. Does this seem right? I suppose it could need a new battery.

This makes me really wonder how people woh lower bmi's than myself are burning over 1,000 calories, several days a week. Mind= boggled. I really push myself last the point that I want to quit, so these people must be dragging ass. Right? Where are you guys!? How do you do it!?

Um, yeah Amy, sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that. You're gonna burn less calories at a lower weight than you did when you were heavier. The more you lose, the faster/more intense you'll have to work. I got reminded of this just recently - when I was over 400lbs I was burning 100 calories every 5 minutes at moderate intensity. Now I'm only burning 80 or so. However, I'm seeing benefits now that I wasn't then so that's something.

Lol I knew it was gonna happen and I'm actually glad I have the hrm so I know exactly how much harder I need to work. I think I just didn't expect it to jump so drastically and so quick!!

It's taken my 45 minute workout to a 1 hr. one. Darn it. ;) now I'm doing 3 miles with Leslie (walk at home dvd's) instead of only two. Booooo!

It's no wonder those close to goal are working out two hours at a time.

So does this mean it doesn't need a new battery?

Wink wink

Yeah, the though occurred to me also, that as I lost weight, I wouldn't be working as hard during my walks. That sucks!

I had thought about buying one of the weighted vests - to be able to carry extra weight.

I'd rather do that than workout longer!

Keep Pimpin' that Sleeve!

post-46516-13813666785239_thumb.jpg

Yeah' date=' the though occurred to me also, that as I lost weight, I wouldn't be working as hard during my walks. That sucks!

I had thought about buying one of the weighted vests - to be able to carry extra weight.

[/quote']

I'd rather turn up the intensity also, rather than time. I guess I could add some "boosts" into the video and jog while they're walking foreword and back. If you're walking, you could do the same, or maybe c25k? If you're interested, anyway. I was just searching Amazon for ankle weights and saw those vests. HOT!! What about ankle weights? Sorry, just suggestions. You've got a brain I'm site you thigt about these things. Ignore me of you wanna. :D

This is another reason why I don't keep track of calories "burned" during exercise. IMO it's all a guesstimate and I don't want to feel like a slave to the number of calories burned. It definitely makes sense that you will burn less calories the more weight you lose and some people will try to workout harder to compensate. I guess in the end it depends on what you want. I turn up my intensity and not time. I can't stand the thought of doing more than 20 mins of cardio and my body seems to be responding to the less is more approach.

I dont mind pushing myself. Makes me feel (and get) stronger and boosts my confidence. That said, if it ever gets to where my workouts get too long and I'm losing just fine, I'm not telling the thing that I've lost weight.

I like that last part you added about less is more. Tell me more!!?

I was just searching Amazon for ankle weights and saw those vests. HOT!! What about ankle weights?

I tried ankle weights and wrist weights years ago, but even with the Velcro straps, they slipped and slid or rubbed my skin raw. The ankle weights really threw me off balance at first. I like the weighted vest because it's more stable. Although I don't like having to pay for sand!

Lol true! May invest in a vest myself one of these days.

Yeah' date=' the though occurred to me also, that as I lost weight, I wouldn't be working as hard during my walks. That sucks!

[/quote']

Or you could throw in some sprints instead. This is why HIIT is so popular, massive calories burned in minimal time....with the advantage of very little muscle wasting.

I guess I sort of do what Butterbean does. I workout hard for 20 mins and my body seems to like that more than the long cardio sessions that didn't ever get the scale moving. My body seems to want to hold on to Water and body fat when I do lots of cardio. It's like my body wants to hold onto bodyfat because it will need the energy to fuel my next long run. I'm one of those people who could probably train for a marathon and gain weight, some marathon people do gain weight while training. Sorry for rambling but I'm noticing more positive feedback from my body when I shortened my cardio sessions. I do 20 mins of intense cardio 5-7 days a week, if I'm feeling tired I walk for 20 mins. Sometimes I will jog at a constant pace for 20 mins and then other days I will just walk the whole time or do a combination of both.

If long cardio sessions are working for you then definitely keep up the great work :)

I guess I sort of do what Butterbean does. I workout hard for 20 mins and my body seems to like that more than the long cardio sessions that didn't ever get the scale moving. My body seems to want to hold on to Water and body fat when I do lots of cardio. It's like my body wants to hold onto bodyfat because it will need the energy to fuel my next long run. I'm one of those people who could probably train for a marathon and gain weight' date=' some marathon people do gain weight while training. Sorry for rambling but I'm noticing more positive feedback from my body when I shortened my cardio sessions. I do 20 mins of intense cardio 5-7 days a week, if I'm feeling tired I walk for 20 mins. Sometimes I will jog at a constant pace for 20 mins and then other days I will just walk the whole time or do a combination of both.

If long cardio sessions are working for you then definitely keep up the great work :)[/quote']

My loss has slowed way down but maybe I just needed to do more. Ill reevaluate in a week or two. Not sure how I could amp it up at home much. I just do walk at home Dvd's and c25k. I guess I could do the 30 day shred. I need variation tho. I can't run for 20 minutes. Booo. Hopefully in the next 5 weeks I can. You know, when its so humid out there I could probably swim through the air instead.

My loss has slowed way down but maybe I just needed to do more. Ill reevaluate in a week or two. Not sure how I could amp it up at home much. I just do walk at home Dvd's and c25k. I guess I could do the 30 day shred. I need variation tho. I can't run for 20 minutes. Booo. Hopefully in the next 5 weeks I can. You know, when its so humid out there I could probably swim through the air instead.

We are stationed in Colorado and the air is really dry here but the elevation sucks so bad because the air is thin and it's harder to breath when running. I bought a treadmill about 5yrs ago for $250 and I've been using it ever since. Are you doing c25k outside? I wish I could but I would have to pay for childcare since my husband isn't here to watch the kiddos :/

We are stationed in Colorado and the air is really dry here but the elevation sucks so bad because the air is thin and it's harder to breath when running. I bought a treadmill about 5yrs ago for 250 and I've been using it ever since. Are you doing c25k outside? I wish I could but I would have to pay for childcare since my husband isn't here to watch the kiddos :/

Yep, outside. 5:30 in the mornings or at 8:30 at night because its hot and there's less of an audience at those hours. o.O

Ill probably get a treadmill next year but or right now, no more spending. Surgery an hospital bills from after are too much right now.