Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost there - what do you think?

Hello everyone!

Here is my "I am almost there" photos. This photo is more for me, as I am right now, today, after a trip to the gym as I still struggle with my mirror image. I still see the same person in the mirror I always was so I'm hoping by popping up a before and after my mind comes to grip that I have lost almost all of my excess weight.

As of now I have lost 120 pounds at this point. I wanted to lose another 12-22 pounds to get to my personal goal but the scale will not budge, and hasn't for a few months. The doctor says I'm at a healthy weight, so right now I am more focused on trying to reduce my body fat percentage as it is still super high.

Once I get to my personal goal I'll post a better "before and after" picture. And find a better side by side photo generator. Can you all recommend one? And can anyone recommend a way to start getting my body fat to drop? I don't want to look like a body builder but I would like to feel like I'm not a rollie pollie. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Side note, better than the weight loss for me is that I am off of all of my medications, have no more ulcers and have motivated my husband to decide to go through with this procedure as well. He goes in for his first of 3 visits tomorrow. Wish him luck!

post-23374-13813666755877_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone!

Here is my "I am almost there" photos. This photo is more for me, as I am right now, today, after a trip to the gym as I still struggle with my mirror image. I still see the same person in the mirror I always was so I'm hoping by popping up a before and after my mind comes to grip that I have lost almost all of my excess weight.

As of now I have lost 120 pounds at this point. I wanted to lose another 12-22 pounds to get to my personal goal but the scale will not budge, and hasn't for a few months. The doctor says I'm at a healthy weight, so right now I am more focused on trying to reduce my body fat percentage as it is still super high.

Once I get to my personal goal I'll post a better "before and after" picture. And find a better side by side photo generator. Can you all recommend one? And can anyone recommend a way to start getting my body fat to drop? I don't want to look like a body builder but I would like to feel like I'm not a rollie pollie. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Side note, better than the weight loss for me is that I am off of all of my medications, have no more ulcers and have motivated my husband to decide to go through with this procedure as well. He goes in for his first of 3 visits tomorrow. Wish him luck!

OMG, you look amazing! Get a friend, your husband, get somebody to go grocery shopping with you today, or go to the mall.....have that person spot someone who is YOUR size and point them out to you. I've been doing this for three years now, a hint I read about here on VGS. I do see myself as smaller, but I STILL DO NOT see myself as others see me. The head still hasn't caught up!! :) Do it, I'm serious, you'll be surprised, in a good way!!!

OMG, you look amazing! Get a friend, your husband, get somebody to go grocery shopping with you today, or go to the mall.....have that person spot someone who is YOUR size and point them out to you. I've been doing this for three years now, a hint I read about here on VGS. I do see myself as smaller, but I STILL DO NOT see myself as others see me. The head still hasn't caught up!! :) Do it, I'm serious, you'll be surprised, in a good way!!!

That is a good idea. Thank you! The other thing I like is the photo height/weight chart here: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

I just still find it hard to believe I'm really that small. I know eventually my mind will catch up with my body!

Looking great! My wife is going to have the procedure done as well a couple months after I have it done. We are both excited! I wish you and your husband lots of luck!! Keep up the great job!

Look at those skinny legs!! I am so jealous!

Don't be jealous they are a work in progress still at this point. Definitely way smaller than they used to be! I think the bike is helping. I do really low resistance and high speed and long distance on the recumbent stationary bike. Trying not to build too much muscle but get them toned and hopefully remove all dimpling.

You look so petite!!!

Thank you. I am so not petite. I joke I'm the Amazon as I have only a few friends who are my height or taller with me being 5'8 - 5'10 depending on what doctor is measuring me. LOL

Looking great! My wife is going to have the procedure done as well a couple months after I have it done. We are both excited! I wish you and your husband lots of luck!! Keep up the great job!

I think it will definitely make it easier for the both of you to have it done so close together. My son and husband ate their meals and I ate mine when I was just out of surgery. Now we try and make meals that we call all eat, I just eat my portion and they eat theirs. Can't wait to hear about both of your progress! Congratulations!

This is so me. I'm going to have my friend go to the mall with me and point to a person that's the size I am. I need this...

Thistimeisit you are doing so fine! Looking really really good! :)

That is a good idea. Thank you! The other thing I like is the photo height/weight chart here: http://www.cockeyed....ightweight.html

I just still find it hard to believe I'm really that small. I know eventually my mind will catch up with my body!

They say our minds will catch up.....I'm hoping that is true. LoL I love this chart, I've book marked it, thanks!!! I know exactly what you mean, I hold up my jeans, fresh out of the dryer and think "NO WAY" and lo' and behold, I can slip right into them......I remember YEARS of laying on the bed to zip and/or button my jeans when they were just out of the dryer!!! Those days are gone, for good I hope!!!

This is so me. I'm going to have my friend go to the mall with me and point to a person that's the size I am. I need this...

Thistimeisit you are doing so fine! Looking really really good! :)

Do it!!!! You get a whole new perspective of how others see YOU!!!!! Something I did that I recommend to pre-op people at support groups.....go get a DISPOSABLE camera and have someone take a picture of you the day before surgery.....then EVERY month on your surgery date have your picture taken. After taking the one on your one year anniversary, take the camera and have it developed. Lay the pictures side by side....and SEE YOUR transformation right there in front of you!!!! It is a "WOW" moment, visuals are great!

The camera is a great idea! I am totally going to do that, NtvTxn!