Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating? Is it worth the risk?

Well thanks to all of you who resonded and made me feel like a complete failure! Yet again! Its not the will power I have a problem with, or healthy foods for that matter, its boredom with the same liquid foods day in and day out... I was merely looking for a new flavor.

And I didnt put myself through this to cheat... I plan on doing well for myself in the future, but when you can't drive for 2 weeks and your stuck drinking Isopure and banana Protein shakes its bound to get a little hectic.

Thanks for everything.

bkwalling: thanks for understading.

cuddlebug, I don't think anyone is trying to make you feel like a failure. I certainly was not by my post. I don't think it was clear you were just looking for new liquid ideas.

You may have already seen this thread but it has ideas for liquids.< /p>

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/liquid-stage-recipes-t17636.html

the portugese Soup is really yummy! Good luck and hang in there...it will be over before you know it.

Well thanks to all of you who resonded and made me feel like a complete failure! Yet again! Its not the will power I have a problem with, or healthy foods for that matter, its boredom with the same liquid foods day in and day out... I was merely looking for a new flavor.

And I didnt put myself through this to cheat... I plan on doing well for myself in the future, but when you can't drive for 2 weeks and your stuck drinking Isopure and banana Protein shakes its bound to get a little hectic.

Thanks for everything.

bkwalling: thanks for understading.

Oy vey! I do not think anyone was implying that you are a complete failure. Myself and others are trying to stress to you how important it is to follow the Dr.'s rules. I have NEVER been one to tell someone "oh, it's ok if you eat solids when your Dr. says no" I am not going to sugar coat it. You are very lucky to have the band and we are all trying to help you understand the importance of screwing up things and losing it. Right before I had my surgery I was told that a guy had his band placed on a Monday and ate a steak the next day and had major complications and had to have it removed. I realize you didn't eat a steak, but why would you want to lose it now.

I am sorry if you took my post the wrong way but I do not believe in disobeying Dr.'s orders and I will not apologize for that. I will apologize for making you feel bad though, no one deserves that.

Cuddlebug,

I want to apologize if my post made you feel worse than you already do. I guess I misunderstood your post. My understanding of it was that in some way you were looking for the "green light" to cheat and for us to tell you it was O.K.

If you're hungry, you're hungry. You need to tell your doctor you're having trouble sticking to the diet........for whatever reason. If you were simply bored with the lack of variety in a liquid diet, then there's lots of great ideas out there. Definately check out the food forum or the post someone else listed just a couple above this one. If you're on a full liquid diet, you can get really creative with those cream Soups and Protein shakes, puddings, custards, yogurts (without fruit chunks of course). It's not broth only, like the clear liquid phase.

Good luck and remember, this too shall pass.

to answer the question in your subject - "is it worth the risk"...

in short, nope.

you more than likely had a nice variety of foods pre-banding. i know i didnt get fat on Protein drinks and banana Protein shakes. you've got to stick with what your MD gives you. yes, it sucks. i had a fill right before my husband's birthday ... my MD says mushies for a few days after a fill, i had mushies for my DH's b-day. not ideal, but i want maximum results.

i know what it is like to be bored with food choices. by choice i am having Mahi Mahi for dinner about 5 nights a week (lots of Protein, minimal calories), hell yes i am bored with it, but it's working. i've lost 9 1/4 pounds in less than 2 weeks.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! really you can. i havent heard of anyone dying from post-surgery diet. :)