Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I feel like this may be the stupidest question I will ask about pre op. But I am trying to get packed for the hospital and I want things to be perfect. I was thinking briefs so they will be just all covering and not riding up anywhere. But then I thought of a pair of bikinis, so the waist band won't lay right on the incision at the belly button.

Thoughts?

I wore basketball shorts just a few hours post-op and didn't find it problematic. I say bring both and wear whatever's most comfortable!

Ok, I feel like this may be the stupidest question I will ask about pre op. But I am trying to get packed for the hospital and I want things to be perfect. I was thinking briefs so they will be just all covering and not riding up anywhere. But then I thought of a pair of bikinis, so the waist band won't lay right on the incision at the belly button.

Thoughts?

In the hospital they had me in a gown. When I got discharged I wore gym shorts and had no issues with my incisions.

I wore granny panties. my incisions were above my navel.

I didn't wear any since they made me strip completely for surgery and since my robe covered everything, I didn't bother putting on the ones I packed. Was easier to use the restroom without dealing with panties. TMI I guess but just weighing in

OK...for everyone this is gonna be TMI...but I didnt wear panties for a week after surgery...I wore my night gown home...had a hard time getting them up and down after surgery...But all the holes are above your belly button for this surgery.

I didn't wear any either until it was time to go home. The incisions were all up high enough that it didn't matter which style I used for the trip home.

HAWT!!

:lol:

(I had to edit my post above. I need to maintain my reputation as a good guy. :D)

I didn't wear underwear at the hospital either. It was not my first choice, but I was in a lot of pain and it was just easier. I did bring a loose pair of bikini undies to wear home though- I didn't want anything touching my stomach. It was a few days after surgery before I was able to put on undies by myself as well- it hurt too much to bend.

Well you can't wear them in surgery obviously lol but in the hospital it's just easier to not wear them, for me anyway. I don't know about you guys but putting on panties after surgery was the very last thing on my mind lol. I would bring a loose pair just incase but pretty sure you won't use them

i brought two pair of shorts with me and i put those on under my hospital gown to go walking the hallways in. for the ride home, i wore sweatpants and went commando-i mean i wasn't stopping anywhere so it didn't matter.

and i still haven't put a bra on! i guess i'll have to to go to the doctor's on tuesday. the incisions are right up there under "the girls" too.

Pack a very light comfy sports bra or some easy comfy no underwire bra if you don't like being braless in a thin cotton hospital gown because you will be needing to walk the halls. I personally do not like being without bra and was fine wearing a cotton sports bra in hospital

Wow! I wasn't even worried about this until now