Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Right on Ready!!!

congratulations on your loss!!!! i bet you feel like a million bucks!

Man its good to hear from everybody.

on the ten cc vs ten ml note:

i wish i knew now. because he was talking about my "medium" sized band, not one of the ten cc ones, and i said "but i thought i had a ten cc band", he went to check, came back and said no, it was a ten milliliter band, also known as a medium sized band???

so now im confused...

anyone else have a ten something band ???

its inamed, know that, but does anyone else have a medium band?

Liz: that is what they told me.. I have the medium size band that it is 10mm and holds 4cc's of liquid.< /p>

OH! Tracy! I didn't realize that your surgery date has already come!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Check in with us often to let us know how you're doing, we miss you over here in the February 07 bandster's thread!

WELCOME to bandland!!!

((((((((((((huge hugs))))))))))))))

TRACY!!!! your BANDED!!! WOOOOO!

its good to see you!

i didnt know ours only held four cc. I have a total of 2.5 in mine. I notice restriction but its not like it was in the beginning, it doesnt hurt, or anything. I havent thrown up yet. ...at all. Doctor says thats a good thing :)

initially restriction to me felt almost like pain, like thanksgiving day kind of full pain. theres none of that now.

So Tracy...

HOW R U DOING???

tell us all about it! Your all freshly banded and aglow....

How soon was your 2nd fill?

I had two fills within a week of each other as the first one didn't do anything. I thought the second one was enough but I was able to eat bread today without any trouble. With my package I can get a fill whenever I need one at no extra cost.

I was reading Dr.C's reply to this question on another board, here are his comments.

"Post Date: 4/26/07 5:31 am

In the US there are currently 2 bands, both by Inamed/Allergan, a 10cm/4cc band, and a VG band which holds 10cc. Most US surgeons use whichever band properly fits around your stomach. There is no real data on one being better or worse than the other. There is also a 9.75cm band but I don't know of any US surgeons who use it."

Dr. C Cincinnati, Ohio

Louise I have found that I can sometimes eat bread no problem and sometimes it gets stuck. On the days it goes down okay I keep thinking I need another fill and on the days it gets stuck I start regretting the last fill lol.

Hello February Bandsters!

I haven't been on this thread in a while but I would love to be added to the list if possible. I was banded on Feb 26th 2007 and have lost 25 lbs. I started at 255 and am now down to 230. I happy about my weight loss but have been stuck at 230 for about 3 weeks! I am trying really hard but nothing has changed. I just had my first fill last week and I'm not feeling much difference. I guess I just really have to step it up with more excersise. Nice talking to you all and best of luck to everyone!

Louise I have found that I can sometimes eat bread no problem and sometimes it gets stuck. On the days it goes down okay I keep thinking I need another fill and on the days it gets stuck I start regretting the last fill lol.

I definitely need another. I managed to eat a load of Pasta this evening without any feedback from my band. It's so annoying as I've just broken a plateau and was looking forward to losing again!

Thats awesome that your fills are included with your package, 1st ones free then the rest is $125per fill!! I didnt know I'd be able to get a 2nd fill any sooner than my 3month followup, I did contact my dr's office and they did suggest that if I can eat a hamburger patty in 15min then I should come in. So needless to say I'll be getting that 2nd fill hopefully this week!! Thanks for the reassurance!

I had two fills within a week of each other as the first one didn't do anything. I thought the second one was enough but I was able to eat bread today without any trouble. With my package I can get a fill whenever I need one at no extra cost.

Welcome Back!! So how often, if any, do you feel restriction? If you haven't felt much of a difference after your 1st fill then you should probably get a second one. I had my 1st fill 2 wks ago and now I rarely have any restriction so I'll be going in this week to get fill#2. Best of luck to your too!!

Hello February Bandsters!

I haven't been on this thread in a while but I would love to be added to the list if possible. I was banded on Feb 26th 2007 and have lost 25 lbs. I started at 255 and am now down to 230. I happy about my weight loss but have been stuck at 230 for about 3 weeks! I am trying really hard but nothing has changed. I just had my first fill last week and I'm not feeling much difference. I guess I just really have to step it up with more excersise. Nice talking to you all and best of luck to everyone!

I wonder if i have to WAIT to get another fill.... My next appointment isn't until the end of June.

I don't feel that restricted.

Has anyone gone back to drinking liquids for a few days on their own??

Thats what I thought at first until I verified it with my drs office and they told me to come in when I dont feel restriction. So I'll be going in this week rather than waiting until June.

I did go back on liquids on my own, only for a few days though, it was fine I just kept up with my Protein Shakes and Vitamins.< /p>

I wonder if i have to WAIT to get another fill.... My next appointment isn't until the end of June.

I don't feel that restricted.

Has anyone gone back to drinking liquids for a few days on their own??

kelsy! ive done it too (went back to liquids for four days on my own) when my grazing got out of control. my Nutritionalist said it 'wasnt necessary' but was fine with it as long as like dooney said, keep up your Vitamins, suppliments and protien levels. TO ME...i had to do it because i could no longer trust myself in a kitchen..as stupid as that sounds. I can handle something if there is a "start, middle and beginning" but open ended scares me a bit.

Hi all,

Have not posted in some time. So I have lost about 30 pounds since my banding on 2/7 and today had my first fill (2cc). Doc told me to come back in 2 weeks to see how it goes. Hope I can start losing again as I been stuck on the same weight for 3 weeks now. Good luck to all.

Thats what I thought at first until I verified it with my drs office and they told me to come in when I dont feel restriction. So I'll be going in this week rather than waiting until June.

I did go back on liquids on my own, only for a few days though, it was fine I just kept up with my Protein Shakes and Vitamins.< /p>

I will call the doctor this week and see if they can fit me in...my doctor only sees patients on wednesdays. I guess what I think is restriction is the feeling of getting kind of full a little sooner...but...honestly I think it is just because I have been dieting for 3 month and my stomach is getting used to a smaller intake. And pardon me when I say this, but EVERYTHING makes me gassy!