Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my first class of the 12 weeks and the only thing I noticed is that the goal is to exercise 30 minutes every day or 60 minutes five days a week. Has anyone else been told that?

I have not started my classes yet however the little book they gave me when I signed up said the same thing. 30 min every day or an hour 5 days a week. Where are you taking your calsses? I'm going to the Downey/Bellflower location. I start Monday.

I am going to the Culver City/West LA Kaiser. The onrv thing I will say is to build a support system to keep you accountable. I don't think the some of the people in my class are truly motivated to succeed at this.

Yeah thats the one thing I don't have...a support system as I have decided to not tell a soul about my surgery. I do however plan on using this site as much as possible and join a support group. I'm even thinking of making a "meetup group" on meetup.com for the Long Beach/South Bay area.

What have you learned so far in the class. Also how long did it take you to get enrolled in a class after your orientation?

They did tell us daily 30 minutes of aerobics for the rest of our lives BUT others of our speakers said that they know this is not realistic...that we have to figure out we really can do, to make realistic goals and not ones full of excuses.

Hi gogogirl! I see you are also a Kaiser Socal Sleever. Can I ask you how long the process took you from inital meeting with PCP to surgery date. I have heard everything from 5 months to 18 months.

I start my first class on Monday and am excited. Already did all my blood work.

Hi Dualstarr...I decided to have the surgery April 8th, 2013, saw my doctor the following day and she referred me. I went to the orientation the following week and started Options on May 1, 2013. I have not had my surgery yet. My class ends on July 17th. I have heard that some folks in classes that just finished have had their surgeries within a week of class ending. I think it may depend upon the Kaiser though. Our LCSW said it could be about 3 weeks before we get a call for an appt. with the surgeon...I think at our Kaiser that is the official line but I have heard lots of cases where that has not been true. My Kaiser has a support group on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month. I went last night and it was pretty good. My Kaiser is in Harbor City.

Hi!

It's so nice to hear from fellow Kaiser patients! They did tell us the same thing re exercise in my class. I took my class at the end of last year at Baldwin Park Kaiser. I finished the class 12/3/12. They called me for my surgery consult within a week. I wasn't ready. I was still deciding if it was right for me. I set my surgeon appt for 1/18/13. I rec'd 2-3 calls from the surgery scheduler before I finally decided it was the best decision for me. I had my surgery last week (6/4) at Kaiser West L.A. My surgeon was Dr Casillas. Wonderful and kind, as were all the staff.

Best of luck to all of you embarking on this journey! :)

DualStarr, I had my orientation on May 6th and started my class today. They had a class that started on the 3rd but I was out of town and could not make the 2:30 time they had for that day. From the orientation til now I have lost 2.2lbs.

Hi everyone! I'm in week 7 of options class at Panorama City. Have any of you lost any weight yet? I'm struggling with that and I'm nervous that the surgeon will deny me & prolong everything =\

Sent from my iPhone

I had my surgery last week (6/4) at Kaiser West L.A. My surgeon was Dr Casillas. Wonderful and kind' date=' as were all the staff. [/quote']

Hi! Yey! How are you feeling? Was the first 3 days hell? I heard that Dr. Casillas is a major a-hole so I was planning on trying to avoid having him as a surgeon lol :) How much weight did you loose prior to meeting the surgeon and/or getting the actual surgery referral?

Sent from my iPhone