Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ohio, let's get this started

Hello all,

I am in the beginning stages of the banding process. I have attended 2 seminars and have an appointment with Dr. Curry(Cincy) on the 16th as a consult visit. I am very excited and I have the support of my family on having this procedure done.

I live about 45 minutes northwest of Columbus with my husband, step daughter who is 10 and my son who just turned 2 in November. I have decided that by having this surgery will not only help me it will help my step daughter, who is already way over weight and help my son with healthier eating habits.

The insurance I have is Aetna HMO through the company I work for and WLS is a covered benifit as long as you meet there criteria.

Gotta Run,

Danielle

:) Hello to all,

It has been two months for me this month since I have been banded. I went to Dr. Martin today for my fill up. I have lost 3 pounds. I was really worried about the holidays. To everyone else if I can do this, ANYONE can. So to all Keep up the good work and good luck. To all the New banders out there, It really is not that bad. Just remember it's only a tool you still have to do your part. For those waiting to be approved Don't give up and my prayers are with you.

Hey All

Sorry I've been slacking. I've been checking posts but not typing much. I started classes this week and my hands are a bit sore from laptop use. Anyway, then I typed this long post and forgot to send the reply. Such is life in this great big merry world!

Can't believe I have only 5.5 days left till the big day. My dietician went over every last concern she has and I've gone thru all the normal second thoughts and doubts. But, I"m still doing it.

Anyway, big question here: how do you get in enough calories? The class said we eat around 600-800 kcals per day. That is impossible for me to sustain any energy. My RMR is 1720 WITHOUT exercise. If I eat that little I'll drop weight WAY TOO fast. So, my dietician tells me I'll have to do several small meals instead of only 3. Does that seem right to you guys? How do you get enough in? I want to lose my weight slowly (i.e. around 2 pounds per week) so I don't screw with my RMR. If it drops you do your body no good at all. So, I"m interested to hear veterans' thoughts.

Thanks to Barbara and Lisann - how blessed I am to have two people I've not yet met in person volunterr to come give me cheers after my surgery. :)

Here's the laugh of the day: I spent the day at the vet today with my little feline named Snickers. He apparently swallowed one of my Prozac's. He must have been feeling depressed....Well, I noticed him getting more :notagree than usual and his eyes were really dilated :) . He was higher than a kite. :sick I take him to the vet and we call Poison Control - the human dose was a little too much but thankfully not lethal. However, when I paid the bill, I :faint: Thanks be to the lord almighty for credit cards.

Okay, one last thing: did any of you sort of eat up the things you had in the house before surgery that you knew you couldn't have later, i.e. popcorn, soda, etc. I've been doing that and I just wanted to know if that is being practical or just continuing a bad habit of eating too much and the wrong junk. or BOTH?

Have a great week - see you later.

Paige

I wanted to say hi to AnnieM. Welcome to the Ohio peoples! Don't stress about the loss - holidays are really hard. Most people gain and you've managed to continue creeping down - way to go!:clap2:

Keep your chin up - do you want to join us for an exercise goal? Good to meet you.

I live about 45 minutes northwest of Columbus with my husband, step daughter who is 10 and my son who just turned 2 in November. I have decided that by having this surgery will not only help me it will help my step daughter, who is already way over weight and help my son with healthier eating habits.

Hi Danielle:

Nice to meet you. Whereabouts in Northwest Columbus. I grew up in Ashland. That direction sounds like Mansfield or Wooster, yes? Anyway, welcome to the gang here. Congrats on starting the process. My process was short and sweet but others have had to wait a while so don't get discouraged along the way - and when/if you do, we'll be here to throw you cheers.

Hello, and Happy New Year to everyone. I work during the day but as you can tell I don't go to bed very early. I would love to meet some of the banders and the ones looking to get banded. Best thing I have ever done for myself. It was worth it, just to be able to actually walk up stairs and not get out of breath. Mindful, good luck it really is NOT a bad surgery. You will do great. Babyboomer I as also sure I will be at the meeting in January I had my surgery done by Dr. Martin. Hope to see you there. I would also like to get together with THE BANDERS but I work days, so I would have to go at night or Weekends either would be fine. As for the holidays, I go Thursday for my Weigh In and Fill. I will let you know how I have done, I would be happy if I lose a Pound. HAHA. Well till next time, Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks for the encouragement, Wolfmom. I hope it goes easy - I would really like to go to class the next evening if possible. And, to everyone: How about if we met on Saturday or Sunday during the late afternoon (to accommodate the night shifters who need to sleep) once every 2 months. I was thinking Springfield would be about halfway for everyone - any takers? Anyone in Springfield who could pick location? Take it easy, all.

Post op I did best with Soups...boring I know, but they made me feel full.

What do I wish I had known......... that running out and buying pants is not needed, find a tailor. MUCH CHEAPER and I am on my second round of tailoring those aforementioned pants I ran out to buy!

i had my band 10/3/06 i lost 12lbs in the first two weeks .after that i was sick all the time my doc said its ok os i had a fill .still i was sick he didnt till me that i was going feel like this for sometime its been 12weeks and i still get sick.i went bake to him and got another fill because the first was not helping me at all. he didnt wont to give me the fill he said it will only make sick.at this time i am thinking what the hell is he talking about, i am sick this was three weeks after my first fill my total wt lose is 22lbs i belive it could have been more if he was not just thinking about the money i also am a self i think i well have to see a doctor ther ill be coming back to the states in two weeks ,but i dont know how much i will have to pay to see a doctor ther i need to know why iam sick all the time. the next time i visit this site i hope i have good new

Hello everyone,

Sorry I havent been on in a few day's, still working on my tile at my house, and it's still kicking my but, I am glad to say that all I have to do now is seal the grout and I'm FINISHED!

Paige I ate everything in site before my surgery, then after my surgery I drank a lot of liptons cup of Soup - cream of chicken, Atkins advantage shakes, Isopure protien drinks and that helped keep me full and I didn't get ran down. I don't know why but I wasn't hungry and I have a high RMR also (1775) I lost fast in the first two week, which is normal when you start a diet and since then I have lost 1 - 2 pounds a week since then. I was only on liquids for a week and a half then mushies one week then I went to solid food with no problem. I know I should of waited until Dr. Schumacher told me to go on to the other stages but I didn't and it worked for me. Not saying that you should do what I did, you have to do what's good for you. I had my surgery on Wed. and went back to work the following Monday and I work 10 hr. shifts in a factory and liquids or mushies just didn't work for me.

I am up for meeting in Springfield just let me know when. I am on Vacation the weekend of Jan 19th and also the weekend of Feb. 18th but otherwise I'm good most weekends.

Danielle you'll be happy that you decieded to get the band, you will be adding years to your life and a better life for your kids because you will be happier and healthier and beable to be a good role model for them.

Good job Wolfmom, doesn't it feel good to beable to lose weight and not gain through the holidays? When can you say that happened last, I know for me that this is the first year in I don't know when that I didn't gain and didn't feel deprived either, I had what I wanted but just not as much as what I did in the past.

Hey I have a question for all, how do you feel about doing a monthly weight challenge? Say weight in on Sunday's and keep a running total of everyone for the month and post in at the end of the month as a total- not individual - that way it doesn't put extra pressure on anyone - but we can see how are Ohio group is doing and maybe give encouragement. Just a thought.

So how has everyone done with their exercise this week? I'll be honest I haven't done anything except work on my tile. So starting tomorrow I start my walking. I'll let you know how long I walked when I visit tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Hi Ohio Bandsters,

I also live in Ohio. I live in Toledo. I'm so happy to meet all of my Ohio friends. I will be having my surgery on January 18th in Ypsalanti, Michigan. I had some problems finding a surgeon in my area who was in my network. Having a get together sure sounds like fun, I can travel to wherever it is scheduled. There certainly is a nice mix of people in this forum, thank God for the veterans among us. I like talking to people who are already living the life. Good luck to all in their journey...

Hello all,

I am in North east Ohio about 20 miles west of Cleveland. I had my surgery in March and have lost 52 pounds. Not as fast as many, but not too bad considering I just got to the point that no matter what I did all I did was gain. I'm happy with my band and like others only wish I'd have been able to have it sooner. I was banded at St. Vincent Charity by Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir.

Hey Everybody:

I can't believe how much this thread is growing. Yipee! :clap2:

imsusie: Welcome and I'm glad to hear you'll come to a get-together as soon as we can get it organized.

lavette tye: I'm so sorry you are having so many troubles. :sick It must feel awful to be sick all the time. I'm no veteran yet but I hope others can give you advice on how to deal and I hope your doctor finally figures out how to stop it. Keep your chin up. ;)

MISS Banster: What kind of cream Soups? I went shopping yesterday for my post-op liquids. I didn't see too many soups that sounded good. I got cream of potato (figured I would strain out the potatoes) and cream of chicken. I also bought beef and chicken broth. Other than that, I bought Boost High Protein and Glucose Control as well as juices, milk and Carnation. Let me know any more ideas you have. Thanks

ralheit: Welcome to the board. I've heard such wonderful things about Dr. Ben-Meir. I fully believe you are in wonderful hands. BTW, those of you who haven't posted yet in the INTRO thread, please feel free to tell us more about you.

Okay, here's my update. I'm getting banded on Wednesday. I've been trying to remember everyone who is interested in getting together. Based on everyone I've talked to, the location is going to be somewhere central to Cincinnati, Columbus, and Dayton. I'm thinking Springfield for now. However, we have a couple of new people from Cleveland area, so if we start getting more from further north, we'll move the location a little further north. But, for now, most interested parties are from Dayton area.

:update:

Okay, since I have to keep scrolling back to remember who's interested in coming, let's do this: Send me an email to this address: mindfulpea@yahoo.com In the email, list the following: Your screen name, your real name, and a phone number (optional). Then, tell me what time you ABSOLUTELY could NOT come. If you work nights, let me know if weekends are okay. Be as flexible as possible so that we can find a day/time that works for everyone. We'll get together once every 3 months. I know that's a little less often than some had hoped for, but since we're getting more people, that seems the most practical. Most of us have support groups we can utilize in addition. This will be a "fun" thing and we can each take turns taking the lead for planning the event, i.e. treat it like a baby shower with no baby and no presents. We can make up lap band games (course, I'm just throwing cheesy things out). We can, drink (before eating!) and just plain be merry too. Once I get everyone's email, I'll post a list of who's coming (their screen name and first name) and when/where with an RSVP requirement. Okay, how does that sound? Please Please let me know if you have other suggestions or if I'm full of *^(&)! Have a great day! :update:

Hi everybody,

Hope everyones weekend went good for them. Mine was ok, didn't do much just worked on my house.

I got on the scales this morning and I lost 5# this week, I couldn't believe it, I mean the scales has only been moving about a pound a week and this week I didn't really do anything different and it moves 5#, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining and I hope it keeps up but it's just so confusing. It sure did make my day oh and I also was able to get into my size 16 jeans, I haven't been able to wear them in 2 years so that also made me feel good.

I'm so glad that we are getting new members, welcome all and I hope that this site will help you and show you that your not alone. It sure has made me feel better knowing that if I have a problem or question that all I have to do is come here and more than likely someone has the answer.

Well I hate to run but I gotta get ready for bed.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a few lines. For some reason today all I want to dois eat and I'm not hungry. I guess my mind is messing with me again. I haven't went off to badly but I don't like the feeling that nothing I eat is satisfying me. That just goes to show that even when you have the proper fill, which I think I do, your mind can still get you to want to eat. But I am not going to give in and let it beat me, I've come to far and I have to learn how to deal with this because this will always pop up fron time to time. Well bye till tomorrow.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:clap2:Hey Paige only a little over a day left, I'm so excited for you!:clap2:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: