Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

Thanks everyone! I am going to the store in the morning and buy some. I have got to find what will work for me. I will try any and everything.

Remind me why I am fasting on JULY THE 4th?! Smile. Well, if the attached is true, I'll take it!

post-2638-13813667406238_thumb.jpg

Remind me why I am fasting on JULY THE 4th?! Smile. Well, if the attached is true, I'll take it!

I know! When I track on fasting days, mine says I would be 130lbs in 5 weeks! I wish, but I am just not down with eating 500 calories a day anymore! And I have never really even made it close to being that low, so I can't really see it!

On fast days mfp says I will be at goal in 5 weeks... I have never gotten to the number it has given me following their formula. TEASE! But really, it gives me hope anyway. Made it through "rest" day, sipping on a Decaf ice tea with peach Torani...

It wasn't pretty but I made it through the day.

I actually weighed two pounds less this morning before the fast?? It would be nice to have it say the same tomorrow.

Well, it was rough yesterday, but I made it through my fast day. I was having a bad day, so it took everything in my not to stuff food into my face (I am a stress eater, and an emotional eater, and I know it!). But I made it through. The bloat weight went back down so I am back at sitting at 2.8 lbs down. I am finished fasting for this week, so we will see how things go through the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

I actually weighed two pounds less this morning before the fast?? It would be nice to have it say the same tomorrow.

That is awesome!

Hope everyone had a good 4th - we just lounged around and stayed lazy. It was nice.

Today's another normal day. I'll fast tomorrow. I'm holding steady on the scale, which puts me down 2 pounds for the week so far. If that's true and it stays, I'm okay with that, even if it puts me up over last week.

I'm having trouble getting my Water in lately. No interest. I think nearly three years of pushing it every day and I'm just tired of it, so I'm going to challenge myself and try to get in at least 64 oz. each day for the rest of this week. Maybe it'll be habit again after that.

Hope you all have a great day. Fridays are busy for me - I make homemade bread every Friday morning and then we do a big dinner. Well, it's a big dinner for everyone but me because I always eat the same amount of food. Anyway, I'm off to start my day in the kitchen. With a big cup of Water, of course.

~Cheri

Not understanding what the 5:2 diet is, but if it involves fasting how does it help with what is being taught by those of the sleeve to get your Protein first? And that would be protein everyday right?

On fast days mfp says I will be at goal in 5 weeks... I have never gotten to the number it has given me following their formula. TEASE! But really' date=' it gives me hope anyway. Made it through "rest" day, sipping on a Decaf ice tea with peach Torani...[/quote']

I know! The rat!!! But it sure lifts your spirits! Lol. Down another 2 this morning. That makes 17 for me. I had honestly given up on the ability to lose again. Hard work is paying off and oddly enough, I'm finding it exhilarating at the same time! Crazy, I know, but accomplishing something again and finding a way to eat NORMAL without really depriving myself (low carb) is encouraging.

And wanted you to know your calm reasoning with others is delightful to me. :)

Well' date=' it was rough yesterday, but I made it through my fast day. I was having a bad day, so it took everything in my not to stuff food into my face (I am a stress eater, and an emotional eater, and I know it!). But I made it through. The bloat weight went back down so I am back at sitting at 2.8 lbs down. I am finished fasting for this week, so we will see how things go through the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone![/quote']

Yay, to you!!!!

Not understanding what the 5:2 diet is' date=' but if it involves fasting how does it help with what is being taught by those of the sleeve to get your Protein first? And that would be Protein everyday right?[/quote']

Again, most of us are 2-7 years out and have reached or within a few pounds of goal and trying to either maintain or lose the last few. Not a change in the face of protein first. Protein is considered. 5:2 is simply two days of lower calorie 500 per day. Normal (our norm) other 5. Working for me. I'm 3 years out. Life Isuzu different from my perspective and the ability to eat much more if desired is there. Hope that helps.

Not understanding what the 5:2 diet is, but if it involves fasting how does it help with what is being taught by those of the sleeve to get your Protein first? And that would be Protein everyday right?

Read this post, it really explains a lot. The "Fast/rest" days are reduced calories, not no calories, the recommended calories for protein is 50 gms for the fast days, the other 5 days a week are protein first / regular eating for most of us. This plan is for those who after following their Drs plans for years have not gotten to goal, or have started gaining, or are having trouble staying at goal after a year or more. We do not recommend it to those who are just slow losers or not past a year or more. Everyone here is all about the health and long term success.

Hope everyone had a good 4th - we just lounged around and stayed lazy. It was nice.

Today's another normal day. I'll fast tomorrow. I'm holding steady on the scale' date=' which puts me down 2 pounds for the week so far. If that's true and it stays, I'm okay with that, even if it puts me up over last week.

I'm having trouble getting my Water in lately. No interest. I think nearly three years of pushing it every day and I'm just tired of it, so I'm going to challenge myself and try to get in at least 64 oz. each day for the rest of this week. Maybe it'll be habit again after that.

Hope you all have a great day. Fridays are busy for me - I make homemade bread every Friday morning and then we do a big dinner. Well, it's a big dinner for everyone but me because I always eat the same amount of food. Anyway, I'm off to start my day in the kitchen. With a big cup of Water, of course.

~Cheri[/quote']

I'm in awe of anybody who bakes bread! Lol. And love that you all gather for a big dinner together. That's truly awesome in the day we live. A friend of mine and so were talking about economy a year or so ago and she casually said, "Can you bake bread? " I told her hadn't but guessed I could. She said you better learn. I asked why and she said, "The Bible says "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or His seed begging for Bread! So you better k ow how to bake it!" :). Never forgot that. Guess I need to get you input and recipes! And NOTHING smells better to me than baking bread!!

Go figure! Our bodies defy reasoning sometimes. Lol