Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

OMG we are in Vegas now and the hotel is outrageous! And guess what there is a scale in the bathroom!!! I saw it and got scared because I've been eating so bad... Today was the worse we had wood fired pizza with prosciutto' date=' gruyere,

Grapes. So good I ate two pieces!!

Oh but the scale I just stepped on it with my clothes on (I usually weigh naked). Up two pounds. If its true? not bad! There is hope!

I'm coming home tomorrow so I will fast on the way home.

Oh yes Oregondaisy I agree.[/quote']

This is cracking me up!! FAST ON THE WAY HOME! Bahahahaha

I would be in favor of moving the thread to the veterans forum because in reality, this type of plan is for a person that is more than a year out, not the newly sleeved.

On a positive note, I completed my first day of my third week yesterday. The end of the day was a little bit of a struggle, oh I wanted to snack so bad last night and I was a little hungry, but I resisted! This morning I was down a half pound. I have been bouncing around a bit, down 5 lbs, then it jump back up to 2.5 pounds, now back down to 3 lbs lost. I hope it holds! I would be averaging 1 lb a week, which is alright...I will take it!

Anybody want to move this thread???

Skinniness! Great loss!

I'm going to have a tough morning I know because everyone wants to go out to eat..

And I'm doing my fast but I know I will feel better afterwards so it will be worth it.

Oregondaisy how goes the morning so far?

Yes. Move to vet I think

Yes. Move to vet I think

I'm only a week out, but I was just curious of what is 5:2?

Someone PLEASE move this thread to the vets forum before people hitting a normal plateau less than a year out start screwing with their bodies needlessly! Or before newbs start to think this is the way to eat all the time. I think that combining 5:2 with the sleeve is too much, honestly, and that this is a method that is better suited to maintenance or to shedding weight several years out. Just my opinion, of course, but I can see there being issues from this post being here. :)

So, I'm doing 5:2 and pretty frustrated. I lost ten pounds in five days last week. I got sick. I didn't eat very well for a few days. Just not many calories in general, and when I would eat I'd eat most of my calories in one meal. Between that and the antibiotics and maybe just being sick in general...all ten pounds came back.

Big frowns, all around.

It doesn't matter if I really gained (or lost) anything. I would rather the scale hadn't moved at all than see it dip down into the promised land only to fly back up and put me in weight loss hell again.

Loss phase sucks.

In any case, back on a fast day today. Sipping green tea and doing a decent job of things. I have to space my calories out into four small meals for fast days to be easy on me. Otherwise I have a problem with my sugar going up and down.

How do ya'll make fast day dinners work with your family? Normally I'd just eat whatever sitting at the table with my little ones and my husband but my stepkids are in for the summer and they (the girls in particular) pay attention to every bite I put in my mouth. I hate to rig up my calories to be heavy at the end of the day so I can eat dinner with them but seriously, they're kinda freaking me out. I guess I can just spell it out for them, but sometimes they try to emulate the way I eat anyway, and we're trying to avoid any issues. Their older sister (not here this year) is very troubled and anorexia is a part of that. From time to time the younger gals have tried to eat along with her, too, or with their mom when she does her crazy diets, so I want to avoid any trouble.

I was also working out until getting sick (it's in my lungs now, YUCK!) but I've been on my feet a lot and have been finishing up some move-in things so it's not like I'm being a lazy bones. I feel like I'm losing a part of my soul saying it, but I actually think I miss doing my evening video. It's like I'm losing my mind around here!

Anyway, fast day for me, not too tough to stay to 500 calories when you feel crummy and your meal plan is set.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

~Cheri

I always eat chicken and veggies for supper on my fast day. I can eat a small chicken breast and either some salad or some other veggies. So it actually looks like I am eating a lot, but 1 chicken breast has around 110 calories, and broccoli for example has 31 calories in a cup. Then it looks like you are eating a lot, but you are staying low on calories.

I always eat chicken and veggies for supper on my fast day. I can eat a small chicken breast and either some salad or some other veggies. So it actually looks like I am eating a lot' date=' but 1 chicken breast has around 110 calories, and broccoli for example has 31 calories in a cup. Then it looks like you are eating a lot, but you are staying low on calories.[/quote']

Ditto. I save my big meal for dinner and you would be surprised once you weigh your chicken and have plain veggies the size of your meal.

I really like boiling a chicken in the beginning of the week and using that for meals..

I like buying cole slaw mix and eating that with my shredded chicken and some kind of specialty vinegar and oil combo.

post-43821-13813667295021_thumb.jpg

post-43821-13813667295293_thumb.jpg

I'm only a week out, but I was just curious of what is 5:2?

The basic idea is to eat a normal, healthy diet 5 days a week and fast (eating 500 calories) two days a week. There are many health benefits to fasting, but I would NOT recommend this for anyone that is under a year for sure. Your body is still healing from surgery and you need to focus on recovery and getting in as much healthy nutrition as you can at the moment.

Good suggestions. chicken is on tonight's menu anyway, so I'll do that instead of my planned meal. Pairing it with a bunch of salad will make a fuller plate but not jack up my calories.

Laura, too funny on your Vegas posts - and how cruel of them to even consider putting a scale in the bathroom when they KNOW everyone eats like mad there?

Oh, and how about I feel like an idiot? I'm pretty sure most of my bounce up can be explained by hormones. Apparently, my cycle moved to sync up with the young ladies in the house, and I wasn't expecting to see that four pound bounce for another week. That, meds, being sick and nonstop rain for five days could explain every ounce.

~Cheri

These Quest bars are everywhere! I've not tried one but I'm going to have to one day they sound good. Can't wait to get back on track.

Today I've eaten like a fat queen :P

We are in the land of excess today (Vegas)

Don't start them, they are like crack! I would warm them up and eat them, then I found myself getting wicked cravings and scarfing down 2, sometimes 3 in a day!! They never really filled me up that much either! Needless to say, I do not buy them anymore!

Good suggestions. chicken is on tonight's menu anyway' date=' so I'll do that instead of my planned meal. Pairing it with a bunch of salad will make a fuller plate but not jack up my calories.

Laura, too funny on your Vegas posts - and how cruel of them to even consider putting a scale in the bathroom when they KNOW everyone eats like mad there?

Oh, and how about I feel like an idiot? I'm pretty sure most of my bounce up can be explained by hormones. Apparently, my cycle moved to sync up with the young ladies in the house, and I wasn't expecting to see that four pound bounce for another week. That, meds, being sick and nonstop rain for five days could explain every ounce.

~Cheri[/quote']

Yeah Vegas is a town made with gluttony in mind that's for sure! We had an awesome meal of Thai food last night so I ate spicy eggplant and seafood curry Yum!

So my stomach is yelling at me today for more food. Funny how that happens, eating a lot, then the next day your even more hungry.

Don't start them' date=' they are like crack! I would warm them up and eat them, then I found myself getting wicked cravings and scarfing down 2, sometimes 3 in a day!! They never really filled me up that much either! Needless to say, I do not buy them anymore![/quote']

I've come so close to buying them and haven't for that exact reason! I ate the Premier Protein bars you buy by the case from costco.

Lets just say I liked them a bit to much and had to stop buying them...

Ok no quests for me. I wish people would stop talking about warming them in the microwave to get then gooey though! It gets me every time :P

It's best not to buy the Quest bars... they are like crack..... I have to use up my supply and not order anymore..... oh and the pure Protein Bars at costco are the same, I had to stop buying them also...

I like the plan of eating chicken and veggies. i will have that my next fasting day...which will be friday instead of thursday.... :)