Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op & could use a pep talk!

Hi everyone I was sleeved on June 4th and I feel pretty good, but I am still in a bit of pain. My doctor told me that i seemed to experience more pain than most during my overnight hospital stay, I had to have some heavy duty pain meds to keep the pain under control... i have noticed that every day gets better but it feels like i am progressing very slowly. I remember them saying most people could go back to work a week out but for me I am still not feeling great. I don't have much energy.

I am getting my Vitamins in but have a hard time fitting Water and foods in too. I have pains when I swallow its almost like I feel whatever it is going all the way down to my stomach but then the pain goes away after a minute. I have found that Ice cubes are good to chew and help me get my Water in.

I think I just need a little advice from you guys that have been through this. I can't wait to feel better and I am so anxious to be able to eat more than just 2 tablespoons of food at a time. I am also so anxious to eat "normal" food again. I am so sick of liquids and puréed and it's only been a week! I will be able to have some of the foods I like again right? I'm going to make healthy choices even when i can fit more in my stomach, but it would be nice to know that i will be able to have a slice of pizza or a sandwich in the future! I know it will take time but I feel a bit discouraged! Other than this little rant all is well! Thanks for listening!

Caitlin

Caitlin, what is it exactly you're trying to eat at this point?

Your supposed to still be on liquids aren't you? Most people dont go back to work within a week.very few people can do that mainly the people with desk jobs. It took me a month to go back to work.

Everyone feels like your feeling. Lord knows I did. But when you start seeing the weight coming off yiu wont even be worried about that sandwich or slice of pizza. But you will be able to eat it in about 3 months. Dont rush it. When it was time for purees I wasnt ready so I did an extra week of liquids. When it was time for soft foods I did an extra week of purees. When it was time for solids I did and extra week of soft foods. Get the point. Dont rush pace yourself. Your body will know when its ready.

I've had chicken broth along with other Soups, Popsicles, yogurt, puréed Beans, and Protein smoothies

Not trying to give you a hard time here, but you might want to call your surgeon and discuss your postop diet. I believe most people are supposed to be having Protein shakes, strained soups, and other full liquids but certainly not Beans of any sort at one week out.

Also, you're not supposed to be drinking anything, you're supposed to be sipping. This will help with the pain in your stomach until you are able to drink.

I could only do half an ounce the first few days,

Seanja thank you so much! That's what I needed to hear. I am allowed liquids and soft this week but like you said I need to just take it slow. I think my body is just ready for liquids and it is nice to hear I can progress as I can tolerate and take the time i need. I think I just got the "am I ever gonna eat/feel normal again blues" I appreciate your encouragement and support!

Donrodolfo I appreciate the feedback..When I said puréed Beans I mean more like a Soup thinned down with Water. Your right about sipping, not drinking!

Hi everyone I was sleeved on June 4th and I feel pretty good' date=' but I am still in a bit of pain. My doctor told me that i seemed to experience more pain than most during my overnight hospital stay, I had to have some heavy duty pain meds to keep the pain under control... i have noticed that every day gets better but it feels like i am progressing very slowly. I remember them saying most people could go back to work a week out but for me I am still not feeling great. I don't have much energy.

I am getting my Vitamins in but have a hard time fitting Water and foods in too. I have pains when I swallow its almost like I feel whatever it is going all the way down to my stomach but then the pain goes away after a minute. I have found that Ice cubes are good to chew and help me get my Water in.

I think I just need a little advice from you guys that have been through this. I can't wait to feel better and I am so anxious to be able to eat more than just 2 tablespoons of food at a time. I am also so anxious to eat "normal" food again. I am so sick of liquids and puréed and it's only been a week! I will be able to have some of the foods I like again right? I'm going to make healthy choices even when i can fit more in my stomach, but it would be nice to know that i will be able to have a slice of pizza or a sandwich in the future! I know it will take time but I feel a bit discouraged! Other than this little rant all is well! Thanks for listening!

Caitlin[/quote']

I was sleeved on 6/5 and on liquids. I am not getting my water or Protein in but am doing my best. Each day gets a little better.

Hi everyone I was sleeved on June 4th and I feel pretty good, but I am still in a bit of pain. My doctor told me that i seemed to experience more pain than most during my overnight hospital stay, I had to have some heavy duty pain meds to keep the pain under control... i have noticed that every day gets better but it feels like i am progressing very slowly. I remember them saying most people could go back to work a week out but for me I am still not feeling great. I don't have much energy.

Caitlin

Walk as much as you can, a little more every day and when you're sitting around during the day, use a heating pad, it feels really good. Hang in there, you'll feel better before you know it.

It will get easier as time goes by, and eventually you will be able to eat anything you want but the good thing is you probably won't want the bad things anymore because you'll know you don't need them to be satisfied. There are lots of substitution recipes available that help you get the things like pizza and sandwiches without being as bad, so when you get to the solid food stage you can find the things that work for you. One suggestion I have for you is try to drink more warm to hot liquids as the warmth will help reduce the swelling inside making it easier to get in the amounts you need. Good Luck.

I did the same thing about wanting food around the day 6 mark. I am at day 7 and feeling much better. Just wait till you go to the doctor and weigh in on the scale and you will see why we are doing this and you will feel better. Just take your time. This is not just another surgery! This is the rest of your life! and it goes by fast enough, so don't rush! Sit back and enjoy your new healthy life and body!

I felt the exact same you did! It was really uncomfortable. Every time I took a sip of Water or broth it felt like a little bomb went off in my stomach! LOL! I went back to work after 1 week but I was very puny for about another week. Don't rush it. You will get there. I am about 2 1/2 months out and I can eat anything, just not very much. I had 1/2 a tuna sandwich for lunch! Your taste may change, mine did. food doesn't taste the same for me anymore. It's more about the texture that I crave, so that didn't help me. Good luck!

I had my sleeve done on June 5 and I just started full liquids today. You're on puréed Already? I don't get to the puréed stage until June 21. And can't eat regular food till July 4. I'm still having a problem getting in all my Liquids and Proteins. I feel like I drink something every second of the day. And I'm top of that I feel like I'm not losing any weight. Good luck I hope everything works out for you And you feel better soon.

It will get better follow the diet